SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#236272 - 06/17/08 08:24 AM Still a happy camper..
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
It has been 14 months since I purchased the Roland G70...and yes I am still SUPER glad I did..

I was giving it some thoughts and to put it in perspective...compared to what I consider the other "best" arranger keyboards I have owned....looking at it from a dealer cost...The G70 cost the same as the Ketron X1 with a hard drive, and $500 more than the Roland G1000..

The G70 offers a lot more than both of these great boards at little or no more cost..

There is still no other arranger on the market that could replace my G70..

Roland will ruin this for me with the next release..

#236273 - 06/17/08 08:32 AM Re: Still a happy camper..
Dnj Offline

GX90

#236274 - 06/17/08 08:33 AM Re: Still a happy camper..
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
That's very nice, Fran...I feel the same way about my Yamaha PSR-S900.

Aren't we lucky?

Ian

#236275 - 06/17/08 08:39 AM Re: Still a happy camper..
Fran Carango Offline

Ian..yes we are..and very spoiled..

#236276 - 06/17/08 08:42 AM Re: Still a happy camper..
Fran Carango Offline

I went to GC yesterday and played the Roland Fantom G and the Roland 700gx and the Nord stage...I was so happy to go home to the G70...It is better than all the new toys

#236277 - 06/17/08 08:50 AM Re: Still a happy camper..
Dnj Offline

Fran what didnt you like about those KB's?

#236278 - 06/17/08 09:12 AM Re: Still a happy camper..
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I went to GC yesterday and played the Roland Fantom G and the Roland 700gx and the Nord stage...I was so happy to go home to the G70...It is better than all the new toys

Fran...I really suggest you to hold your G-70 and at max, just connect this new amazing toy:

with the new Apple Iphone 3G that cost ONLY 199 US dollars you can add the all features that you like, Mp3 and Video too.
Of course the GPS will help you where to drive for your gig!
Cost always LESS than one Mp3 player upgrade kit from.....and of course the TOP sounds quality.....

199 US dollars for this all features are really NOTHING if compared what the keyboards brands for the new products offer..
Maybe you have understand what I mean.
cheers

#236279 - 06/17/08 10:29 AM Re: Still a happy camper..
Fran Carango Offline

Domenik, I already have the LG ENV 9900..with the same features..I have it as a stand by MP3 player....I needed to get the adapter cable to use with my sound system...What is nice compared to MP3 players like the Zoom..you can search while play..and compared to my Zune..the song stops after being played..I wish the Zune would do this..

Correction..my LG also will not stop automatically after a tune..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 06-17-2008).]

#236280 - 06/17/08 02:17 PM Re: Still a happy camper..
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

Fran, are you fibbing to us again? You gotta lay off the scotch before you enter GC pal. And then lay off of it again when you post on SZ.

I have played the G-70 at GC quite a while back when someone 'traded' it in for something else from what I understand. I thought it was okay but nothing special really. They had it hooked up to some quality speakers too. The action on the keybed was pretty good though, that I can say. But I didn't care for the Styles especially, nor did I care for a lot of the sounds either. But that's just me and my own personal assessment of it. In fact, when I first saw it in the store, and before I played around with it, I was kind of thinking and hoping that it could be my next 76 key arranger workstation. After I played it though I determined it wasn't for me as it lacked somewhat in the quality of a lot of the sounds and also the styles. And I also knew that the technology was dated on it and its replacement and successor is probably soon to be announced as well.

Grandmother use to say - "you gotta shop around before you let go of your hard earned dough" or something to that effect. She was right.. At least concerning me and the G70 anyway. I'm glad you think it's the bees knees though Fran. Or are you just boasting and perhaps fibbing to us just to feel superior and condescending at the same time?

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 06-17-2008).]

#236281 - 06/17/08 05:05 PM Re: Still a happy camper..
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Or are you just boasting and perhaps fibbing to us just to feel superior and condescending at the same time?

Unlike everybody else, who's opinion about a keyboard is just that, an opinion?

But don't worry... that last little bit didn't even remotely sound 'superior and condescending'. Not in the slightest. No sir...

But thank you for setting us straight about the G70. And there I was, thinking it kicked just about every-thing's a$$. Damn! What are you playing now? Guess we gotta go out and buy one of those, just to not be smug and self-satisfied, too, eh?

#236282 - 06/17/08 05:30 PM Re: Still a happy camper..
Dnj Offline

Key KeyBPlayer is your website down?
http://keybplayer.tripod.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online