SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#236248 - 06/17/08 06:14 PM Re: Someone talk me out of the Ketron SD5......
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY

Beautiful solo, but it was riddled with "keyboard cliches" ... didn't do the guitar sound justice !

#236249 - 06/17/08 08:46 PM Re: Someone talk me out of the Ketron SD5......
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
WAIT it out & see what is on the way just around the corner regarding new arranger keyboards

There will ALWAYS be something better just around the corner... that's true for cars, HDTVs, and keyboards.

#236250 - 06/17/08 09:07 PM Re: Someone talk me out of the Ketron SD5......
Lucky2Bhere Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mc:
[B]
The riffs so great but after to 20th time of hearing them your going to get bored. I had one and sold it because I simply got bored of it.

MC,

What does this mean....the riffs? Do you mean the basic dance styles...or...the machine plays it's own riffs OVER the basic styles? What "bored" you about the SD5?

I've been thinking about buying one also, but there's something that doesn't "click" about the SD5 and I can't figure out what it is. I know that the styles are a little too aggressive where they're not supposed to be and that, I think, can get into your face after a few hours of playing.

Anyone....overall I think the SD5 is a wonderful instrument, but what else do you find objectionable about it? I need to make a decision about buying another arranger keyboard.

Lucky

#236251 - 06/17/08 09:11 PM Re: Someone talk me out of the Ketron SD5......
Lucky2Bhere Offline

How do you do a "quote" so that it shows up "cleanly" as Uncle Dave and GlennT did above (lines above and below the quote)?

Lucky

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online