SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#236128 - 06/18/08 06:24 AM Re: Wow! Now this is accordion playing!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Running thru all those YouTube videos just convinces me that there is so much good music around the world that most of America is ignorant of. Why are we (including myself) enmeshed in this rock n' roll mentality? All we ever hear here is 4 chord pop crap. The vituosity of these accordionists puts what I know to shame.

#236129 - 06/18/08 06:27 AM Re: Wow! Now this is accordion playing!
Dnj Offline

Cass....you are so correct it aint funny.....sad but true. But think about it this level of playing is a LIFETIME dedication on your part which is instilled from birth...there is no way around that. As far as the music we all have choices on what to listen to & play despite the majority of commercial garbage you mention.

#236130 - 06/18/08 06:55 AM Re: Wow! Now this is accordion playing!
cassp Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
...As far as the music we all have choices on what to listen to & play despite the majority of commercial garbage you mention.

So right you are. Unfortunately, our commercial airwaves don't even come close to giving our society a flavor of what is out there. Other countries just seem to have a better handle on folk and classical music. I think "richer" is a better term to explain worldwide folk music vs our commercial "whatever it is".

#236131 - 06/18/08 10:50 AM Re: Wow! Now this is accordion playing!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I don't know...I have some friends on Skype from all over the world; England, Sweden, China. And it seems like they are all listening to American music. Maybe not exclusively, but most of the young people I've been in contact with... I mean, my friend in China is either talking about Chinese music, or American music; she never starts going on about some famous Netherlands artist. So are they really so much more culturally rich?

#236132 - 06/18/08 11:19 AM Re: Wow! Now this is accordion playing!
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
in all fairness, what's the best of america?
the marketing and publicity.

that's is why all over the world people speak english (especially US english), eat McDonald and drink Coke, love rock'n roll, etc. America started alot of things (both good and bad) that everybody else accepted and embraced. strong marketing, no doubt!

who cares about something they do not know?!
obviously, no one.

how much more richness of soul would we gain if we would only be willing to explore this wonderful world!...

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 06-18-2008).]

#236133 - 06/18/08 11:38 AM Re: Wow! Now this is accordion playing!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
So much is marketing ... When Lydia and I were in Italy in 2006 we were amazed at the fact that nearly every where you turned there was a McDonald's or a Burger-King ...
And yet on the main highway, the Auto-Grille had delicious Italian food at reasonable prices ... http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2006/10/18/on-the-italian-road/

t.

#236134 - 06/18/08 11:39 AM Re: Wow! Now this is accordion playing!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
But we digress ... back to the accordion playing ... which is BEAUTIFUL !!!
t.

#236135 - 06/18/08 12:43 PM Re: Wow! Now this is accordion playing!
cassp Offline

But the accordion playing is the basis of my digression. Young and old throughout the world may listen to and enjoy American music, but I feel many other countries have a folk style that transcends into the mainstream. Even though Chinese may not be aware of Italian music or whatever, the fact is that those accordions are NOT being sold to 16 yr olds at the GC or Sam Ash.

Ah, but to get back ON TOPIC... I'm totally blown away by the chromatic button accordions. I haven't seen many of them. An ex-student friend of mine (much more talented than I) has a few concertinas. The regular squeezeboxes are great in their own right, but the Roland V-accordions are amazing.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 06-18-2008).]

#236136 - 06/18/08 01:40 PM Re: Wow! Now this is accordion playing!
Dnj Offline

Cass I'm an old accordion player at heart started at 7yrs old & I still Infuse Accordion into many of my songs. NOW with these high tech arrangers we can have all the great accordion sounds at our fingertips to play simply awesome! Im hoping for Yamaha to incorporate a "BELLOW SHAKE" Mega Voice in Tyros 3 wow that would be Cool!! Especially for Zydeco, and many of the fabulous Italian songs like "Lady Of Spain" etc, etc, ....

Tony My whole family lives in Italy been there many times.....its a whole 'nother world in so many ways after all History there is Thousands of years old vs the USA where its Hundreds. BTW how was the wedding in Sea Bright?

#236137 - 06/18/08 02:00 PM Re: Wow! Now this is accordion playing!
cassp Offline

As a little Polish kid, what do you think my first instrument was?

Zydeco? On a Yamaha, on any arranger? Show me! I have been longing for some Zydeco/Cajun styles ever since I started using arrangers. And a bellows shake - I use my volume pedal and choppy, staccato chords. But I'm sure you do too.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online