SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#236023 - 06/16/08 10:17 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
can someone tell me why they feel it's so important to be "remembered?"

Oh my ... Without memories, your life may as well be wasted! We all must touch someone, leave something behind ... Life is the journey, and what happens on the way HAS to be remembered, or it was all in vain!

I pray that my family remembers my laugh, my smile, the adventures we had together ... a certain joke, or a look that reminds them of something special. I hope to Dear God that my young Grandson remembers Pop Pop's pool, reading in my chair, playing drums together ... there are Soooooo many memories I'm working on - if no one else remembers them ... it's all be for nothing.

#236024 - 06/16/08 11:41 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
You guys are all great friends to me. I just hope that when I go people remember Synth Zone kindly and how it brought us all together, cos that is all I really ever hope to acomplish.

#236025 - 06/17/08 03:03 AM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
You guys are all great friends to me. I just hope that when I go people remember Synth Zone kindly and how it brought us all together, cos that is all I really ever hope to acomplish.

Although people do not like to get into the gushy stuff I feel this thread is a good one, it shows another part of the members, a precious part.

Nigel, your heart must be warm, this thread gives balance to all you are trying to do, and it makes everything OK.

John C.

#236026 - 06/17/08 08:10 AM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Of the people I like, respect and admire, Nigel would be high on the short list.

R.

#236027 - 06/17/08 09:30 AM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Actually, I have my old B-3, a really cherry old C-3, an M-100, a 1949 M, two Hammond tone cabinets (non-rotating), a C-122, 145, 147RV.(Oh, and a quirky little XB-2, plus my new C-1, Electro and Motion Sound 145).

I'll add to that a new Hammond B-3 after NAMM.

Now that's just plain wrong. Uh, where exactly did you say that warehouse of yours was located.......not that we have any devious intentions.

Russ, I gotta tell ya'. I've hardly touched another keyboard since I got my C1. It's not so much the C1 (although it's great sound helps) as it is the pure joy of getting back to playing organ and re-living those "Jimmy Smith" moments every time I touch the thing. I hadn't played straight-ahead organ or touched a real B3 in years so it took a little bit of easing back into. Diki can tell you how 'rough' my early efforts were, but I'm feeling stronger and more comfortable with every gig.

Question for you. How is the piano and brass on that electro? I've been approached by a very, very good funk/blues band to join up to supply keys, primarily organ, piano, and horn parts (this would be in addition to, and seperate from the organ trio). They only play a couple of concert-type gigs per month, so I could probably handle that. They heard me in the club and loved the sound of the C1. Problem is, I need something for the piano and horn parts. My SonicCell would do nicely but I'd need a controller (probably 49 keys) as the C1 has got to be one of the worst controllers out there. Other possibilities that I already have include a MotifES, Triton, A70 controller w/expansion card, Tyros2, PA1x Pro. Each has a problem and besides, I think the two 'reds', electro and C1, would look pretty cool together. What do you think?

chas

#236028 - 06/17/08 09:34 AM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
Dnj Offline

Chas .....great Idea double up the Nords & at least you'll be in the same family comfort zone....as far as sounds? common you know RED can handle that no problem.

Good luck to you on your musical endeavors.

#236029 - 06/17/08 10:56 AM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Thanks, Donny. Down in my heart, I know I'm too old for this stuff, but it just sounds like too much fun not to do it. BTW, the drummer is the co-founder and co-inventor of the ZenDrum, featured in this month's Electronic Magazine.

chas

#236030 - 06/17/08 11:08 AM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, really like the piano on the Electro, but really haven't used it for much else. I put it at a right angle to the C-1 and use it for piano only. I'll check out the other sounds and let you know. Got a feeling that, at around $1400.00, there's probably something better for horn parts (not surs what that would be, however).

If I were you, I'd GO FOR IT, as long as you have the time, health is good, etc.

You join that group and I'll take a night off to make a ROAD TRIP! Need to get down to spend a couple of days with a company I work with in Atlanta soon, anyway.

Bet you'd "cook" with a group like that!

Russ

#236031 - 06/17/08 03:30 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Thanks, Donny. Down in my heart, I know I'm too old for this stuff, but it just sounds like too much fun not to do it. BTW, the drummer is the co-founder and co-inventor of the ZenDrum, featured in this month's Electronic Magazine.

chas

http://www.zendrum.com/

#236032 - 06/17/08 05:26 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Chas... I'd take that A70 and your Sonic Cell. Layering is the trick with brass patches, and at least the Roland won't give you fits dealing with the CC00/32's to call the patches up... Alternatively, what about a Nord Stage...? Really nice synth brass patches, if not the real thing.. at least it would still be red

Me, I'd do it on my G70 and a C1/Electro II

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online