SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#236013 - 06/14/08 01:23 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Hard to decide what I want to be remembered for at this point (I'm 52), as I am hopeful that a large proportion of my adult life is still to come (touch wood )...

But, if I had to go tomorrow, maybe it would be for always being happy to play music, no matter with whom, and for all the times I played with others for free, sitting in and jamming, rather than any commercial gig. It's not how much music you play for money that matters, it's how much EXTRA you get in every day, every week, every year.

That and a few #1 hits wouldn't be bad...!

#236014 - 06/14/08 02:02 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Chas, it would be important for me to be remembered as your acquaintence/friend.

Russ, that's a very nice thing to say about anyone. Without sounding mushy (I hate 'mushy'), the thing I (and probably many others here) admire about you is your ability to completely overlook the small things that divide us (like race, age, music preference, etc.) and see the larger picture. Then, there's your huge diversity of interests (and causes). I absolutely am drawn to people who are aware of and involved in a world outside of their own little fiefdom. I'm also guessing there are more than a few dads on this board who smile warmly at the relationship you share with your sons. All that stuff.......that's what life is REALLY all about.

Of course, all of that will be trumped and you'll end up being remembered as the guy who owned not one, but TWO B3's .

chas

#236015 - 06/14/08 02:08 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
The game finished when I made a radical prostatectomy two years ago.
Now, I am living the "extra time" and I want to make use of every day with my gratifying work (music), giving friendship , still fighting against my
health problems.
I am sure : this way is the best resource.
Chico

#236016 - 06/14/08 02:26 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Nobody that I've ever known has said from their deathbed that they wished they had worked more during their lifetime..

Perspectives change when life's circumstances change and when people get older. What we once thought of as extremely important, and obscured by our obsession for wealth, fame, excessive needs for our family, or whatever else it may have been, has suddenly reversed itself in our later years when health, wealth, fame, and fortune may no longer be our lot in life and death (our own mortality) stares us in the face. Funny how that happens huh?

Instead, you begin to appreciate the simple things in life, and the stress we accumulated from the harried life seems to melt away into traquility and acceptance for a more meaningful and peaceful way of living and with our priorities changed or even completely reversed from what they were previously when we were much younger. But it came about 50 years too late for us to really and truly enjoy it like we would have wanted to if we could only have those 40 or 50 years back.

Hindsight is always 20/20 they say. If we knew then what we know now most of us would have probably done things quite differently then we did.

Moral of the story? Live each day as if it were your last and suddenly you may realize that life's priorities are more than just work, making money, and your temporal possessions. Instead, the love of family, friends, the needs of others, and even the love of life itself becomes more meaningful and important to you, and you begin to realize life isn't really "all about me" and what I can 'get' out of life, but rather, it's about what we can 'give' in return.

Best,
Mike

Mike, I appreciate your view on life, it’s precious.

John C.

#236017 - 06/14/08 02:32 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Russ, that's a very nice thing to say about anyone. Without sounding mushy (I hate 'mushy'), the thing I (and probably many others here) admire about you is your ability to completely overlook the small things that divide us (like race, age, music preference, etc.) and see the larger picture. Then, there's your huge diversity of interests (and causes). I absolutely am drawn to people who are aware of and involved in a world outside of their own little fiefdom. I'm also guessing there are more than a few dads on this board who smile warmly at the relationship you share with your sons. All that stuff.......that's what life is REALLY all about.

Of course, all of that will be trumped and you'll end up being remembered as the guy who owned not one, but TWO B3's .

chas

D I T T O !

#236018 - 06/16/08 08:55 AM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
My boys Logan and Ben came to the house to take me to a Poker Run for the Make a Wish Foundation yesterday afternoon. I know, it's motorcycles and some don't like them.

But what a great day! A cause we three believe in on Fathers day.

This one goes in the book of best memories!

Russ

#236019 - 06/16/08 09:15 AM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks, Chas. Actually, I have my old B-3, a really cherry old C-3, an M-100, a 1949 M, two Hammond tone cabinets (non-rotating), a C-122, 145, 147RV.(Oh, and a quirky little XB-2, plus my new C-1, Electro and Motion Sound 145).

I'll add to that a new Hammond B-3 after NAMM.

Ah, old boys and their new and old toys...!

"Packrat" Russ

#236020 - 06/16/08 09:24 AM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I've been following this thread since it opened. My thoughts now are the same as they were then:

I don't say this boastfully, but...I don't care if I'm remembered at all! I think if I was Elvis Presley or Leonard Bernstein Parts II, I'd still feel the same way.

Does anyone else share my view? If not, can someone tell me why they feel it's so important to be "remembered?"

If it helps you to understand my reasoning any, I'm Spiritual and into Metaphysical thinking.

Lucky

#236021 - 06/16/08 10:27 AM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Do you have children? Family you'll leave behind?
I could care less if the general population remembers me at all but I do hope I have a touched a few of the people I really care about in a positive way. And hope they will remember me that way.

And I agree with you Chas you have to be nicer!

#236022 - 06/16/08 02:02 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:

And I agree with you Chas you have to be nicer!

Mike, you rotten #x$!%X)*%.....oops.

chas

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online