SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#235892 - 06/14/08 11:50 PM Re: KORG Guitar mode demo...
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Diki, I am not really UPSET at anything.. But I do get a bit miffed when sweeping generalisations are made which seem to encompass everyone on SZ (but on the other hand, I probably overreacted because you more than likely didn't intend it that way)...

I am the first to bitch about a keyboard if I think its lacking in certain areas, and I already have done so on this and other forums...

I suppose if I HAD to classify myself it would be as an advanced player (over 25 years live performing, bands, duos and solo, theory to grade 5 [A.M.E.B.Australia], national championships when I was a kid) so I figure I know a bit about playing, and I am only too aware of the shortcomings of the arranger boards...

I reckon they are a LONG way short of where they should be, considering the other offerings of the big three, pathetic really!!

I personally think the chord sequencer would have been just about THE most important tool on an arranger board..
Sadly I never got to try it out for myself.

I owned the PA1x before the PA2x, and really, apart from losing a few unusable TC Helicon settings, I cannot think of anything else they have dropped, only added to it.

Even the fills issue stayed pretty much the same, so it wasn't dropped, but they sure could IMPROVE them!!!

My apologies, truly, if I came across too critical, it was not intended.. I just get tired of being lumped in with other people..

I guess a lot of that is my fault as I don't really speak much about what I do or where I am playing, so how are people supposed to know where you are at.

I hope that explains a little bit about my previous post, and where my head is at on this issue.

Sorry if I rambled a bit.

Dennis

#235893 - 06/15/08 12:17 AM Re: KORG Guitar mode demo...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No problem Dennis...

Sometimes I have to make sweeping generalizations to get a point over. The trick is to not include yourself in them if you don't think it applies to you! Especially in these 'either/or' things. 'Either' you are a good player, in which case I hope you agree with me, or at least argue a counter-point from that perspective, 'or' you are not, in which case it doesn't apply (but just take offense anyway at anyone that suggests that such a person might exist! )...

I guess my only real 'talent' is to push against the boundaries of technology, and loudly complain when it breaks! I simply don't want any keyboard (arranger or otherwise) to arbitrarily restrict what I can and can't do musically, simply because the designers are too lazy to complete obviously basically good ideas. Or drop innovative features because they failed to educate and demonstrate the possibilities of new (or older) technology, and it needed better than 'average' technique to be able to use...

Is the world really getting dumber? Or do the arranger manufacturers simply make it SEEM that way?

#235894 - 06/15/08 12:41 AM Re: KORG Guitar mode demo...
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yep, I do agree with you, but I also have to say that some of my happiest times playing were just with the stage 73, the bassman and the drumboy.. point being I don't think we REALLY need technology or whatever is, or is not, in a keyboard to do what we do.

Yes?

However having said that, these keyboard makers have to start treating guys who buy/use arranger style boards with the same respect given to someone who buys a GX8, or a MOXS, or an Oaysis...I think they actually listen to their user base when implementing stuff on those keyboards, well mostly anyway..

All we get is what is dished up OR what THEY reckon we should have or should like or what a perceived market wants, and we have to be happy with that, and I suppose the reality is we do CHOOSE to buy them!!

All we can do is try and pick the best of the evils..

Truth is m8, more power to you and guys like you who do take the time, and expend the energy trying to make a difference.

Massive props from me on that...

Where and when did it all become about the technology, and not simply the art..the means seems way more important nowadays than the end.

I do miss the, truly, live days...

Shit, sorry to ramble...its late Sunday afternoon here and the chardis are starting to take hold

Thats more than enough from me..

Dennis

#235895 - 06/15/08 02:38 AM Re: KORG Guitar mode demo...
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Diki
Do a search on SZ and you will find I have posted plenty of links to demos of Wersi and VSTs.
Yes I have used the trial versions of Real Guitar and Real Strat (The trials timed out long ago) and even though I don’t have the integrated host of OAS 7 (Versions up to OAS 6 used Cubasis as the host) there was no problems integrating them with styles.
Regards

Bill

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online