SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#235535 - 06/07/08 07:35 AM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I'm very happy with the PA800 - only wish that Korg would offer a PA800 or PA2X in a module. I have wireless midi and I'd like the oppotunity to use portable controllers and move away from behind the keyboard and utilize all the features of the PA800.
Ciao,
Jerry

#235536 - 06/07/08 10:50 AM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's not a taunt, Donny. It's just that when someone glows so positively about something, and places it above all others so definitively, it is disappointing that they remain reluctant to demonstrate this superiority...

Me, if I've got something that is that amazing, I don't have any problem posting it, even knowing it will receive maybe extra scrutiny for the hyperbole I might have used. I either believe in it or I don't. If I believe in it, I don't NEED to convince others with rhetoric. A simple demo should do the job definitively...

It seems zuki has really learned all the ins and outs of his arranger from what he says. Now, why not SHOW us what all the fuss is about? It would certainly garner him quite a few more PA800 users if it lives up to his reviews.

I don't know about you, but I certainly give a lot more credence to someone who isn't unwilling to show us they aren't just making stuff up...

"This is the best board on the planet people!" and "see how creative and fantastic you will sound...enough said" are bold words. But I completely agree with Zuki... Enough SAID.

Now SHOW us

Pretty please...

#235537 - 06/07/08 02:36 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
zuki Offline

Hopefully I'll be able to post some stuff some day. I have a busy schedule with these gigs and my chemical business. That said, 4th qrt 2008 goals:

1. Do a CD to sell live
2. Finish my web site WITH demos
3. Get the AX-7 into my act
4. Get nice promo pics
5. Get a professional marketing package

The problem I have is running all day and night, coming home at 9 - 10:00 and trying to find time to do anything, yet alone what some here are requesting.

I want to do it right and promise to do so down the road.

In the meantime, I'll curb my enthusiasm.

BTW Diki, how can you do outside FL jobs? I played a 3 hour gig outside (90F) and damn near passed out

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#235538 - 06/07/08 02:45 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Ahhhh well Zuki, that seems to sum up the PA-800's popularity quite neatly.

It's that good, nobody wants to buy one.

Still, I'm glad to hear you found the right instrument for your needs....good for you!

I hope for Korg's sake, your enthusiasm is catching.

Ian

Ian,

I play different than most I suppose. It's not an instrument you just turn on, play a few chords and sound like a CD. It's all about exploring the capabilities if offers. Very few dare to tread......

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#235539 - 06/07/08 02:56 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
[B]Hopefully I'll be able to post some stuff some day. I have a busy schedule with these gigs B]

Hi zuki

Doesn't the PA800 have the live record capability that goes directly to the thumb drive or hard drive? You should be able to record your gigs. Sometimes, I turn on my recorder and just let it go for the entire set. No need to fiddle between each song. Maybe Korg doesn't have this feature??

I also look forward to your excellent singing and am curious to see how the PA800 sounds. Especially the piano and horns, usually the Korg downfall to me as compared to the Yamaha. But then again, I haven't heard much of the 800 with decent recordings and have yet to try one live.

Best
Scott

#235540 - 06/07/08 03:05 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Played a double last year in 117ºF heat index. 1pm to 9 at night! BRUTAL...

LOTS of water, a good silent fan, shade (mandatory!), plenty of towels to wipe your hands on, and a nice dip in the pool between sets (wear swimming shorts )...

Wipe down your keyboard at the end of every gig (if not at the end of every set). Sweat KILLS electronics. Cover the keyboard when not playing it (salt air corrosion is another killer), clean jacks and cords regularly, and NEVER play in direct sunlight. Those fancy touch-screen arrangers do NOT like to get hot. I let sunlight get on my G70 one time for less than five minutes. Display went gnarly black for about ten minutes while I took it inside to cool off (it came back OK, though).

This year, so far, not so much outside day stuff as before, more night stuff. A nice change. Last night in Panama City Beach it was hot and extremely humid for an outside bar. Still, not too bad (in comparison )!

I guess just getting used to it (been doing this for years) and learning to drink lots of water (not sodas or beer!)... At least the girls in bikinis make it all worthwhile

I look forward to the website, but if you have already got some live stuff recorded (do you have the MP3 recorder option in your PA800?), no harm jumping the gun and posting to something like Createsongstyles.com or one of the arranger forums that host files...

BTW, it will be humid and in the mid-80º's (heat index) for our 8-11pm-er tonight. At least there's no problem getting the crowd to sweat!

#235541 - 06/07/08 03:09 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
Dnj Offline

102 degrees here in NJ today YIKES!!

glad my big gig was indoors today 50th....
now I'll kick back & watch the Belmont stakes oh yeah!!

#235542 - 06/07/08 03:51 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Scott... The PA800/Pa2 Piano is absolutely superb. It is as good as my Kurzweil K2600 and PC3. And that's saying something. And the 76 keybed is very nice semi weighted.

As to brand sales etc....
I was curious, so I did some checking with a contact I have that is well connected to a particular Mfg's Japanese 'UPPER' management. Do not ask, my house would get blown up if I told!

Do you know which Mfg. is the leader in arrangers sales WORLD WIDE (This, of course includes the 'Middle East')?

I'll give you a hint, it's not Yamaha. I was kind of surprised to hear that. I guess everyone just assumes it? Who's #1 vs #2 vs #3 doesn't really matter to me as I pick what works best for me. I have even been looking at Ketron.

Lots of Pa800/PA2's have been sold...Lots.

Remember on here we don't get much input from 'some' parts of the world.

I currently have a T2 and a PA2. I Enjoy them both. Hope to check out the T3 soon!

I would much rather hear discussions on how folks use their arranger for music, including making styles, new sounds, use features to sound better etc....than to hear this brand is better or more sales than that brand...who cares.

I love to hear posts from music created on arrangers. My thanks to the people who have done this for us all to enjoy! Yes, some day I may even post something...when I get something worthy.

If I would find some time and get off my Butt and take some lessons from Scott I would be there sooner.

Lee

#235543 - 06/07/08 04:59 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
Scott Langholff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

Do you know which Mfg. is the leader in arrangers sales WORLD WIDE (This, of course includes the 'Middle East')?

I'll give you a hint, it's not Yamaha. I was kind of surprised to hear that. I guess everyone just assumes it?

Lee

I don't have inside info, but, I'm thinking that if you count all arranger's that #1 would be Yamaha and #2 would be Casio. Not, that it makes any dif to me.

#235544 - 06/07/08 05:02 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
Scott Langholff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

If I would find some time and get off my Butt and take some lessons from Scott I would be there sooner.

Lee

Hey Lee, I'm still here
http://www.scottlmusic.com/Lessons.html

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online