SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#235369 - 06/05/08 07:32 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

And ian... I told you allready that the E60 sells better in europe then the E50. Where euope is the main market for the arranger products and canada just a very small niche market. So please stop using this as an excample in these 76 key discussions...
whats wrong with admitting that there are a lot people all over the place that prefer 76 keys above 61 keys.

I'm sorry bud, I don't live in Europe, so I can only comment on my market, which didn't embrace the E-60 or the G70 very well...I guess they were so successful in your area that's why they stopped making them?

In regards to your other question...
"whats wrong with admitting that there are a lot people all over the place that prefer 76 keys above 61 keys"...well the answer is simple...nothing wrong with admitting something, but wouldn't it have much more credibility if it were true?

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 06-05-2008).]

#235370 - 06/05/08 10:39 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Oh my gosh... I just figured it out!

A Yamaha Motif XS8 goes for $3,199....A Tyros 2 goes for $3,495.
Actually the difference with Korg is even more!

OK, let's see here... Ah a Motif XS8 uses a much more expensive 88 note graded hammer ation...and is all metal..but it costs $300 less than a Tyros 2 with a much less expensive to build 61 note synth action (great action though!)and is all plastic.

It'a all about profit!
Manufacturing costs.
The profit margin must be huge on the arrangers. They all cost a lot more than the PRO synths.

They can get us arrangers guys to spend $3,495 for an arranger but the PRO's on Motifs only $3,199.

So all these big bands with money to spend pay less than us home keyboard folks!

Interesting...but we do it!
I guess as long as we are forking it out, they will gladly take it.
Lee

#235371 - 06/05/08 10:52 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
ianmcnll Offline

A fool and his money are soon partying!

#235372 - 06/05/08 11:01 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
So very true..
You only go around once, enjoy it!

I paid a lot more ($12k) for a Yamaha HS8 organ a few years ago and it didn't even come close to the sounds of the Tyros 2!

It was however one of the best at the time!

Lee

#235373 - 06/05/08 11:18 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Ian,
So very true..
You only go around once, enjoy it!

I

I try to avoid the "Fun Police" whenever possible.

I always think of the saying, "How we spend our days is how we spend our lives".

Now, back to the S900!

I'm hooked!
Ian

#235374 - 06/05/08 02:56 PM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
So the T3 will not be shown "publicly" but only "privately" at NAMM.. hmmm

Something smells a little fishy.. Delayed but not doomed I hope.

Yammie is a little behind schedule perhaps? End of the year is okay with me though. Since I won't be buying one anyway. OTOH, if Yamaha actually listens to those private party purveyers who shout their demands for a 76 keys T3 and if Yamaha actually yields to their suggestions and or demands, and indeed offers a 76 key Tyros3, then I will gladly be willing to relinquish $3,500 + for the new T3 when it is available at the end of November 2008.

But if they continue to follow the same path to 61 key nirvana?? (more like 61 key HELL eh? ) that I suspect that there will be a multitude of other arranger players who think Yamaha is in it JUST for the money and will NOT be suckered into these 61 key minor superficial upgrade thingamabobbies called a Tyros3. When Yamaha does not listen to a vast majority of the arranger keyboard user base, when people are telling them they want 76 keys versions of their totl arrangers and Yamaha constantly shrugs them off and doesn't care at all to comply to their requests, can you therefore at all blame them for becoming disgruntled with them as a company and avoiding their arranger keyboard products like the plague?

And then Yamaha wonders why they are starting to see sales slip and lose marketshare to the competition? DUH!! I wonder what it could be?

Best,
Mike

#235375 - 06/05/08 03:11 PM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
ianmcnll Offline

All, and I repeat, ALL keyboard manufacturers are in it for the money...what other motivation would they have?

In fact...what other motivation would any manufacturer have?

Tyros3 will carry on the legacy of the Tyros and Tyros2 and continue to be enjoyed by home players and pro musicians alike.

The legend continues...[drum roll please!]

Ian

#235376 - 06/05/08 03:16 PM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
As I have mentioned before, Tyros 3 will outsell all other arrangers (Just like Tyros 2) and further increase its market share, not reduce it, this is for the simple reason that it builds instruments for the silent majority, not the vocal minority
There are also indications that Roland are also dropping 76 note arrangers, (Although I will reserve judgment on that until an official announcement is made) which if true means Roland is also supposedly not listening.
Regards

Bill

#235377 - 06/05/08 03:22 PM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nice to see such fervent cheerleading from someone who doesn't have the slightest intention of using one, Ian

#235378 - 06/05/08 03:24 PM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
'The silent majority'. Is that like the 'Moral Majority'?

Who were neither...

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online