SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#235230 - 05/31/08 07:55 PM Demo's of mediastion
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
We have two demo's of Mediastation here http://createsongstyles.myownsiteonline....iewCat&catid=51
Please keep in mind that these were not produced with the new "Qranger " software.

They do sound good though.

------------------
createsongstyles.com

[This message has been edited by rphillipchuk (edited 05-31-2008).]

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#235231 - 05/31/08 11:18 PM Re: Demo's of mediastion
Bachus Offline

Aye, they sound okay, but...

..... don't let your german demo man abuse them.... I am still wayting to hear the finall results of the Q-ranger. You'll need atleast a few hundred Q-ranger styles (that outshine everything else on the market)and the abbility to import EMC converted styles to make the Mediastation an option for most arranger musicians.

I hope you'l get Q-ranger to work flawless, (which would a miracle for a piece of software that is still in its alpha stage) with smooth chord changes. Because when i have a look at the specs of the Q-ranger its way beyound everything else available on todays market.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#235232 - 06/01/08 02:13 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
The demos are nice. I have a lot of respect for Mr Shiflet. He has stuck with the mediastation and has produced some very decent demos. The giga piano on the second demo is nice . The other accompaniment sounds are still pretty GMish particularly the drums but that doesnt take away from the overall cumulative sound.

Well done richard.

#235233 - 06/01/08 09:35 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Spalding
How do you come to the conclusion that GM sounds have to be worse then standard sounds (Quote “Sounds very GMish”), when a good GM soundest can blow most Arrangers normal sounds out of the water, I ask this because the Colossus VST http://www.eastwestsamples.com/details.php?cd_index=961 is essentially a GM instrument, and it makes most conventional arranger sounds (Standard voices not GM) sound pretty lack lustre.
Curious

Bill

#235234 - 06/01/08 04:28 PM Re: Demo's of mediastion
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Most GM sounds do sound lack lustre. Point to any arranger that uses just GM sounds as its sound base and you will find in most cases an inferior sounding keyboard on every front whether we are looking at acoustic or electronic /synth sounds. I know you are not trying to tell me that most arranger instruments can/do use sound sources such as the 'Colossus'link you just posted. You and i both know thats simply not true. The link bares no relevance to the GM sounds found on most arranger keyboards to which my comment about sounding 'GMish' relates.

#235235 - 06/01/08 05:03 PM Re: Demo's of mediastion
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm sorry, but neither of those demos impressed me. As OOTB, well, let's just say a ton of work awaits anyone who gets one of these...

That's not to say that's not a good thing, just something the majority of 'I've never even cracked the manual, it's supposed to sound PERFECT OOTB' players here probably should be aware of

I'm STILL waiting to hear the ultimate killer demo this 'open' system continually touts it is capable of... Haven't heard it yet. Sorry, folks, but a appallingly rushed piano solo on top of a marginally useful style doesn't cut it in my book. There are FAR more impressive demos posted for ALL of our horribly crippled 'closed' arrangers. Makes you wonder why we can't get something at least as good out of something so continually flaunted as 'superior'.

Superior is as superior does, in my book... Where is the 'proof' in this pudding??

#235236 - 06/01/08 11:40 PM Re: Demo's of mediastion
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Spalding
I thought you were probably speaking in that vain, and I quite agree.
However the main point is that the Mediastation could use Colossus as base GM sounds if the owner wanted to, and so it would become a totally different animal.
BTW did you ever find a suitable Akai Piano sample for your Korg, or did you take some other route, as the thread relating to it went pretty much dead.
Regards

Bill

#235237 - 06/02/08 03:19 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
This two demos I don't like too..
Anyway..qranger now is ready from some days, BUT how you sure saw, my web server is down.
Seem that the electric room supply ( EV1 server from Texas9 totally fired and 9000 server are totally down.
Not sure also IF my web server is fired too!

well, untill all is again Up, we are not able to uploading the new OS 2.5 with qranger and upload aslo some new video demos.

I try to make one new Qranger video demo by direct recording on Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=63S5PCbR8ro
Video recording is really bad and also is not possible setting the line IN level.Sound a little satured, but you get the idea how the Qranger is working.
Note that are only simples audio styles demo, I just simple editing on the qranger SEQ, but under the timeline session is possible load any type of audio and midi tracks and configure EACH chords with the midi and audio loops that you like.
Finally the Qranger can give you the totally open way to compose your styles and create audio styles that no another system can reproduce.
( here is all HD streaming system in realtime and NOT loops ROM based...understand what I mean..)
cheers

#235238 - 06/02/08 04:30 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
I try to make one new Qranger video demo by direct recording on Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=63S5PCbR8ro

This didn't impress me at all, This can be a personal taste since I hate DJ-like stuff, but everyone can hear how the sounds become unnatural when you move too far away from the original loop tuning.

#235239 - 06/02/08 04:51 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
the original posting was a demo from a fello enthusiast like most of us here and not an official demo from Mediastation. Its just a guy sharing his music with other enthusiasts. He didnt post the demo here (and i suspect that was a deliberate decision). Perhaps when we post up other peoples music we ought to make it clear whether they are demo's of the manufacturer or just recordings that they have chosen to share. This demo is every bit as good as most of the demo's posted here by similar hobbyists/enthusiasts.

The mediastation has not fullfilled its potential yet, that much i completely agree with, but similarly most of the arrangers that we play now are never used to anywhere near their potential sonic capabilities either .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online