SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#235240 - 06/02/08 04:52 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Of course with only one WAV song loop, the Elastique can not make the miracle!
If for each chord pattern we can drag multipe different instruments loops and for each you setup the Root pitch shift, this will automatically resolved.

If you hate DJ stuff, is another story.
In the qranger editor allow to record any type of styles, Audio-midi in sync.
when my webserver come up again, I will shown you hot to make one Jazz swing midistyle:
import one EMC midistyle, deleting the shitty midi Drums tracks and add the Real Audio drums brush or the all midi tracks that you hate.
maybe you never saw how to editing with the qranger: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yYM5IdJvJW4
What you record there; the Mediastation arranger will Play, no more...all depend on your composing fantasy and under qranger is really all easy to do.
If then you still like the only standard midi styles system and add in your system one standard PC paltop for play Mp3, this is another story.
Enjoy what you play..

#235241 - 06/02/08 06:24 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
LIONSTRACS,
Thanks for the update.

It's nice to see there will be good creation of your own styles (third party too)....
BUT, For me to even consider it, I would want at least 200-300 styles of the Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Ketron quality (musically too).

So, is that in the plan?
How in the world do you get that done?
Thanks,
Lee

#235242 - 06/02/08 07:16 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
LIONSTRACS Offline

I have already exported the session from about 200 G-70 roland styles.
By default I like to use the G-70 format because is more GM/GS compatible format and have the 18 patterns available (Qranger now can handle up to 32 patterns)
In other EMC format brand, the pattern are more less and also EMC can not match the right program change for the G-70 format.

A lot of styles are 1-1 compatible with the Sampler soundbank: import style, play style for test and export the session, need about 20 second of work.
In a lot of G-70 styles I get a Bass track problem: G-70 use the program change 120..?? and the midi track is also full of strange more notes.
i think this G-70sounds is a special version, with more layer and for this I can not configure on the sequencer ( the best way I think is to clone this sounds too under GIG format OR asking a new more compatible EMC convesrion map)

Anyway, do don't think to use the EMC style converter for the all brands styles, I found there a lot of bugs too.
When one style exported to SEQ format is not working, I have to quit the application, run again and try to export the same style, untill is working ( normally after 6-8 times the EMC will export correct)

#235243 - 06/02/08 07:20 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'm sorry, but neither of those demos impressed me. As OOTB, well, let's just say a ton of work awaits anyone who gets one of these...

Ditto.

#235244 - 06/02/08 07:35 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
Bachus Offline

The best hope for the mediastation is to get addopted by a few willing musicians that are willing to share the styles they created on the mediastation...

Next to that, the people at mediastation could solve the G70 bassloop problem by making a SAMPLE cd with samples that mimmick the Roland samples (They allreayd have done so for the T2)

Next to that i am still convinced that Mediastation and lionstracs are slwoly moving there where me and some others are hoping they would go.... its taking their time, but that was expected with such a small company...

I hope the next version of Q-ranger will even incorporate more features of Ableton live..... And then somehow they need to attach knobs to the thing, to really ,make it the ultimate Deejay performar instrument.

I'd also advise them to hire a part-time PR manager that speaks fluently English and German.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#235245 - 06/02/08 11:37 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
I have already exported the session from about 200 G-70 roland styles.

If you use Roland styles without permission, you will be pursued by Roland lawyers for copyright infringment... and I don't know if roland will license their styles to be used on competitors' keyboards.

Anyway, Wersi OAS can use Yamaha styles and never heard of Yamaha threatening Wersi...

[This message has been edited by mrdave (edited 06-02-2008).]

#235246 - 06/02/08 11:50 AM Re: Demo's of mediastion
LIONSTRACS Offline

Hello...what we have now to restart again with the copyright argument?
Is already cloned the whole Yamaha Tyros, some Korg, Roland Fanthom and so on.. and?
read here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25832
I still waiting...
About the styles:
In the net are awailable TON of styles, you can aslo get a 16.000 Roland styles package.
do you mean that Roland have compose 16.000 styles?
After we editing all again the styles ( because we need a midifile format) nobody can do nothing.
I believe this time finally this argument is closed.
enjoy what you play

#235247 - 06/02/08 01:00 PM Re: Demo's of mediastion
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
LIONTRACS,
I don'gt think I understand your answer.

Are you saying if I buy the next Midiastation I will get 200-300 great, FINISHED working styles on-board? That represent a vast genre of music?
Similar to any/all of the other arranger manufactureres?

I don't want to have to write/edit/tweek any styles to use the board. AND I want intros, variations, fills, breaks, endings to work correctly, musically all the time.

Thanks,
Lee

#235248 - 06/02/08 01:24 PM Re: Demo's of mediastion
LIONSTRACS Offline

Lee
i'm honest...
Right in this moment I have READY to play on mediastation 194 Midi styles.
Just to press the Patch and play.
From tomorrow I start to make another 40-60 midi styles and then a little pause..
Note:
All this midistyles are exported session, it mean that is not possible SAVE again over it. ( are like protected)
with the Qranger editor you can open it, edit again the all sounds, tracks, add audio loops and so on and SAVE AS ( or export again the session) for a new styles preset.
The Mediastation Style, is based on one Folder name.
Inside the Folder name style, you can Save unlimited variation/setup/version of this styles and then recall the desidered preset style ( session) by default Style Patch.
In the private mediastation FTP account are ready to download about 3 Gb of audio Loops library, just to hear the data and Drag&Drop in this available midi styles.
More easy like that.....

Another news...soon you wil see open a new web page for share online the all mediastation Qranger styles, midifiles and audio songs.
Anyone also can be register and resell for some dollars ( OR Free of course) the own new qstyles/songs/midifile+voice tracks too.
Enjoy what you play.

#235249 - 06/02/08 01:43 PM Re: Demo's of mediastion
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
enjoy what you play

Well, I'm certainly enjoying what I'm playing...

But I sure don't hear much about other MS users enjoying what they are playing Most that post admit that the MS is a secondary keyboard, NOT their primary arranger. And NONE of them have posted even a passable user demo, compared to T2 user demos or Roland and Korg ones, which many have sounded very professional.

Now does this mean that none of these MS's are in the hands of great players, or that none of the great players that own them can get a good sound out of them? It must be one of the two

OTOH, I'm sorry, but I can't even find one GREAT demo on the Lionstracs site. Certainly nothing that compares to factory demos from Y, K & R on their websites. All right, I'll go along with the fact that MAYBE not one single MS ever got sold to someone capable of a decent demo (unlikely, but OK, I'll run with it), but the factory themselves?

Let's face it, Dom... You come here and talk to us, you are primarily addressing a western membership, who overwhelmingly use arrangers by the top three or four. If you want to sell arrangers to us, you need to show us that the MS is capable of being BETTER that what we already have.. NOT just tell us. SHOW us. It's what the big three do, they KNOW we need to hear them at their best, to give us an idea of what it is capable of, that we are not willing to just take their word.

Now, I'm sorry, but perhaps you don't think YOUR arranger needs this. After all, here you are TELLING us just how good it is, about how all our current favorites are useless in comparison, poor crippled 'closed' arrangers. OTOH, here is Y K & R, SHOWING us how good their 'closed' arrangers are.

Where are the demos of all these styles from Roland and Yamaha, so we can compare them to what we already have? You would think, if they are that much better, you would have them up at the site (or does THAT constitute copyright infringement, whereas just ripping them off not? )...

For what? Over three years now, this product's viability has been 'just around the corner'. I'm looking back, and I don't see any corner turned, just continual promises that nirvana is close by. Unfulfilled promises.

So.... if you want to sell arrangers to us (you post here, so I guess you must) you have to play the same game our current arranger makers do. SHOW us this superiority. STOP talking about it... Put up dozens of style demos that are better than T2, G70, PA2X Pro. The world will beat a path to your door (including me!) when you do, and they won't if you don't.

If you can...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online