SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#235147 - 06/02/08 09:21 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Diki: Forget about any samples for the T2. Piano, Drums, or any thing else. The load time is way too slow to be useful. I don't know why they even bothered to add the feature. I tried one of the piano samples that someone made and it added a few minutes to the boot up time. I think that's why Yamaha hasn't pushed any new software-based sampler sounds because they know it's not usable.

Some guy in marketing at Yamaha must have said, let's add a sampler reader to the T2. Too bad it's useless.

#235148 - 06/02/08 10:30 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RobertG:
Diki: Forget about any samples for the T2. Piano, Drums, or any thing else. The load time is way too slow to be useful. I don't know why they even bothered to add the feature. I tried one of the piano samples that someone made and it added a few minutes to the boot up time. I think that's why Yamaha hasn't pushed any new software-based sampler sounds because they know it's not usable.

Some guy in marketing at Yamaha must have said, let's add a sampler reader to the T2. Too bad it's useless.

Get a look at vst's and the possibilities of software ...

Most modern software samplers play their sample directly from disk, almost no loading needed.

And espescially the virtuall instruemnts like true pianos's have virtually no loading time and low processor use....

But companies like Yamaha refuse to invest intoo a Good CPU and memmory for their arrangers. They want to make as much money as possible. Yamaha uses hardware from 10 years ago in their T2... Now imagine you PC from 10 years ago, that was a Measy Pentium 3.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#235149 - 06/02/08 10:56 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I have 1 GB of sample RAM in the T2. It takes me about 15 minutes to load half of it - so I just load what I need at any given performance.

That said, on my computer I have 4 GB RAM, and it takes only a minute for me to load the whole thing up.

Its not RAM that is the issue, it's Yamaha playing a cheap trick on its customers by using useless old standards. When I was shopping for RAM many vendors were incredulous that anything modern would use it...

Chony

#235150 - 06/02/08 11:55 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Bachus Offline

And its not even the ram that is that old, its their memmory controller and bus that are from before the stone age...

Tough its not only Yamaha..... Roland and Korg play the same tricks.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#235151 - 06/02/08 01:50 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You can get a pretty damn good multi velocity drum kit in as little as 32MB. That's not TOO much load time for something as critical as a kick-a$$ drum sound, IMO. So you have to be ready ten minutes before downbeat... So what, if you sound live once you do?

#235152 - 06/02/08 02:22 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
You can get a pretty damn good multi velocity drum kit in as little as 32MB.

Where?

#235153 - 06/02/08 02:49 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
MAY I post here too?
because after read this all and last message...I have really to laugh...

waiting 15 minute for loading 32MB of data?
Hey..we are on year 2008 and NOT on 1946...the war is over from long time....
2GB USB memory stick cost 8 euro, 1GB DDR2 RAM cost now 14 euro...
Loading 1Gb ram in pentium 2 ( NOT dual core) need about 20 second...

Apple Iphone cost there about 300 dollars and can play Mp3, video, phone, internet, touch screen, USB 2.0....
Are you serius there or what??

#235154 - 06/02/08 03:08 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

Get a look at vst's and the possibilities of software ...

Most modern software samplers play their sample directly from disk, almost no loading needed.

And espescially the virtuall instruemnts like true pianos's have virtually no loading time and low processor use....

But companies like Yamaha refuse to invest intoo a Good CPU and memmory for their arrangers. They want to make as much money as possible. Yamaha uses hardware from 10 years ago in their T2... Now imagine you PC from 10 years ago, that was a Measy Pentium 3.

Bachus, I totally AGREE with you!
at this point the answer are ONLY two:
A) Me and my company LIONSTRACS we are totally stupid for investing in this big project.
B) All you there are totally stupid that continue buy recycled hardware from 20 years.

The winners are only this big brand, that still have the possibility and capacity to resell to stupid people like us, the same soup...

#235155 - 06/02/08 03:20 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
You can criticise the T3 as much as you want, it will still outsell all the other TOTL Arrangers on the market.

Bill

#235156 - 06/02/08 03:30 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
You can criticise the T3 as much as you want, it will still outsell all the other TOTL Arrangers on the market.

Bill

Hi Bill
Totally agree.
I had the Tyros too, for value the OS navigation and the sounds/styles...
Tyros is really one amazing arranger keyboard, BUT sounds to much perfect like one Stereo device.
the right keyboard for make piano bar in one Night club, where the pople like hear some but prefer to sleeping...
Put the tyros in one big hallwhere the people like to dance.
Then compare sounds agressivity from Tyros with the ketron or Korg...( that still all 3 brand use only 16bit DA..)
Tyros concept is made for Home music..I think you have understand what I mean.

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online