SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#234886 - 05/26/08 09:53 AM Help! Which speaker system for arranger, logitech, ae aego or...?
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Hi everyone,

I need a small, portable and not too expensive active speaker system for a PSR-S900 to deliver reasonable levels in church (approx 300 people max). In the past I've used the TRS-MS01 system but at very high levels together with a pair of active 50W speakers also running maxed out.

I'm considering either:

Logitech's Z-2300
Logitech's Z-5500
Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1

I want a smooth full bodied sound, solid but controlled bass and a clean top end, most of all plenty of punch. The AE Aego's sound great (HiFi manufacturer) but I dont know if they can produce enough Watts to deliver. The Z-5500 may be an overkill and some say Logitech isnt so good for music. The 2300's are in the same boat.

Need to make a decision quick, anyone?????

Thanks
Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#234887 - 05/26/08 10:58 AM Re: Help! Which speaker system for arranger, logitech, ae aego or...?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
You will most likely get many varying opinions here, but I use the Z-5500's and they work and sound good ...
BUT ... you should try to listen to all options for yourself, then make a decision ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 05-26-2008).]

#234888 - 05/26/08 02:18 PM Re: Help! Which speaker system for arranger, logitech, ae aego or...?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Yes, your best bet is if you can try some things out. Many like the Logitech sound. I have the z5500, and outside using the sub only with powered speakers, I do not care for their overall sound. No mid-range.

I'm thinking you may want to consider BehringerB212a's or Peavey PR12PN's.

Scott

#234889 - 05/27/08 08:04 AM Re: Help! Which speaker system for arranger, logitech, ae aego or...?
JIMSAX Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD USA
I've been using Z2200's for about 3 years now in Nursing homes, senior centers, clubs and even some outdoor gigs. I love sound, the bass control the volume control. I have two sets of 22's and a set of 23's. You can't beat them when you consider size, weight and above all price. They are just great. For a $150 how can you go wrong. If they don't work out on a gig just hook them to your PC.

Jim

#234890 - 05/27/08 08:33 AM Re: Help! Which speaker system for arranger, logitech, ae aego or...?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Simon, check the thread about the Bose mini theater systems. You may find something you like there. I also own two Roland CM-30 powered monitors, which also work well alone, stereo or mono.

BTW - I love your site too.

#234891 - 05/27/08 11:29 AM Re: Help! Which speaker system for arranger, logitech, ae aego or...?
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks guys for the useful feedback. I checked out the logitech systems, strong bass but I found a lack of presence and sound stage wasn't a strength. I happen to call into our local hi-fi dealer where he demonstrated the Acoustic Energy Aego 2.1 M system. Absolutely breathtaking! They don't have the power ratings of the Z-5500 on paper, but produce an incredible soundstage, detail, blended sound where you really cannot distinguish between the sub and the satellites. For the price you can't go wrong, they sound better than my top end hi-fi system with Mission speakers! They sound as though there's plenty of db's for what I need, but if I find they struggle then I'm happy to buy another set and feed each set from L/R outputs!

Still going through my music collection and discovering new sounds all the time with the Aego M's, they defy physics!

Regards
Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#234892 - 05/27/08 11:34 AM Re: Help! Which speaker system for arranger, logitech, ae aego or...?
Dnj Offline

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362884

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-27-2008).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online