SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#234555 - 05/22/08 08:05 AM Re: SD5 Players how do you like it ?.........opinions
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki,
They can offer the Audya at any price they want. The cost of building these is not high. It's the development cost that is high. In the end I guess Ketron will have to decide how many they wnt to sell.

Bill, exactly my point, seems like folks on SZ think they know the sales figures of all these mfgs, world wide. NOT.
An example is tons of the PA800/PA2 get sold to mid-eastern countries as compared to US/Europe.

As far as the Audya audio loop/style play question... it's a good one... why not pop over to the Ketron site and ask KetronAJ..he will know.

Lee

#234556 - 05/22/08 11:35 AM Re: SD5 Players how do you like it ?.........opinions
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
MC,
If you want a great price on a Ketron, call Frank at Audiowerks.

I'm thinking more $2400 +- for a SD5 with HD and vocal?

Lee

#234557 - 05/22/08 01:23 PM Re: SD5 Players how do you like it ?.........opinions
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
There's nothing mid range about $2,900 w/hd and vocal... I would like to have an SD3, but the price point is not where it should be.

Excactly....something is not right with their pricing on the SD-5....it should be around $1999.00 at most.Remember you still have to add the VH & HD

#234558 - 05/22/08 01:37 PM Re: SD5 Players how do you like it ?.........opinions
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I'm a bit skeptical of the audio loops having the ability to read complex chords and inversions.

If they can pull it off, it will certainly raise the bar.

Ian

Of course the Audja will work as proposed..Solton/Ketron as never had to bail out on a proposed product yet...
In fact a UK dealer [Barry Crane] has used the prototype unit for two weeks..although limited with on board styles as a prototype..he confirms that it plays well with guitar and other difficult instrument based styles..

#234559 - 05/22/08 01:50 PM Re: SD5 Players how do you like it ?.........opinions
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

Of course the Audja will work as proposed..

Maybe, and that's a big MAYBE.

I'll believe it when I hear/see it.

Ian

#234560 - 05/22/08 11:20 PM Re: SD5 Players how do you like it ?.........opinions
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
NOTHING works as hyped. Everything has 'gotchas!' that turn what seem like great ideas into something not QUITE as good as you would like. And the more groundbreaking, the more original the feature, the more 'gotchas!' you can expect.

If an arranger had been made already that worked PERFECTLY, it would corner the market and everyone else would be out of business. There are surprises in the SA voices, there are limitations in the Korg's Guitar Mode, there are issues with the G70's VK organ section...

And there will be things in the audio loop feature that do not work as well as MIDI styles. If you can live with them (as we all do with whatever issues exist in our current faves) then you will be content. If you can't, well, there's always next time

#234561 - 05/23/08 04:44 AM Re: SD5 Players how do you like it ?.........opinions
Dnj Offline

Sd5 Demos.........

Listen & you decide,.. simple

http://www.ketronus.com/demos.html

#234562 - 05/23/08 04:08 PM Re: SD5 Players how do you like it ?.........opinions
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Fran,
read on Jazzhooves ( I think, Abacus knows where it was) that BCK ( Barry Crane) is actually closing down???

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

Of course the Audja will work as proposed..Solton/Ketron as never had to bail out on a proposed product yet...
In fact a UK dealer [Barry Crane] has used the prototype unit for two weeks..although limited with on board styles as a prototype..he confirms that it plays well with guitar and other difficult instrument based styles..

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 05-23-2008).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#234563 - 05/23/08 05:47 PM Re: SD5 Players how do you like it ?.........opinions
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
must admit my mind started to run a riot, when I initially read about the audio loops on the Audya.

As far as I can tell, the audio loops only extend as far as acoustic & electric guitars & bass?( and Live drums of course).
Don't know how one would go programming their own?? if it's even possible?

The Ram's been extended from 16mb on the SD1+ to 64 mb's on the Audya, but that's still not a great amount. My PA800 has 64 mb's also, & that's limiting enough , even just for my drum loops, unless I keep loading & unloading them.

Audya has 4 breaks & 4 fill ins, which is great.

The Sd1+ has 131 Flash styles ( which can be written over) & 168 Rom styles,
( haven't counted them , just going off the specs)
The Audya has over 400,
200 factory styles & 200 user styles.
Does that mean it only has 200 styles, & 200 spots to load your own styles?? or does it have 400 of which 200 can be written over , (like on the SD1+.)
If it's only got 200, that's not terribly many.

Suppose we'll find out one day.

Hi Bill,
are you suggesting the US will only be paying the same amount in USD as the Europeans will be paying in Euro's.
Wow, if that's the case, I'd be miffed if I lived in Europe.

Be interesting to see what we'll pay in Aust. Our dollar is nearly as high as the the USD, currently.

2 years ago the SD1+ had a retail value of
$6,000 AUD, not that we pay anything like that when discounted. I think at the time our dollar was worth 80cents against the USD, now it's hit 96cents.
Be interesting to see if the Aussies get the same great deal as the USA, if what you're suggesting is correct.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#234564 - 05/24/08 05:39 AM Re: SD5 Players how do you like it ?.........opinions
Dnj Offline

Is there a SD6 in the works too...?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-24-2008).]

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online