SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#234422 - 05/17/08 05:39 PM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
The LCD looks exactly like the LCD screen that's on the T1/T2 but it may be just a hair bigger. Maybe the screen resolution is a little bit higher perhaps?? The description "Great Graphic-Colour-Display" suggests a higher screen resolution but maybe not.

I agree with others that the T3 is just a modest upgrade at best. Five more SAV than the T2 and a total of 5 SAV2 is a little paltry on Yamaha's part in my opinion. Same amount of polyphony as the previous models too. USB 2.0 is a nice addition but we saw that one coming. Now the biggest selling point could be the T3's brand new Tone-Generation system. I'm not quite sure what they mean by that since they are not saying AWM2, etc. or any other specific terminology. We'll have to wait for the demos I suppose. Also, notice that it says "new drumkits" NOT "new 'improved' drumkits". But maybe they are implying "improved" when they say new. Again, we will have to wait for the demos. One other thing I wanted to mention is the new Live! Grand Piano voice. My guess is it will the the same one that's on the Motif XS i.e. the "Full Concert Grand" sample. Of course I could be wrong about that though.

There are a few nice additions e.g. the nine sliders, USB 2.0, new tone generator - whatever that means right? Then there is the new DSP-Blocks for the Styles which should prove interesting too. But the real downer is no 76 key version.

Comestic but not revolutionary, though the T3 should thrill Yammie Fanboys and certain other arranger keyboardists who crave 61 keys. >> Another little face-lift for the original Tyros that started it all; interesting but not really any thing out of the ordinary in my opinion.. But of course I haven't heard it yet so I could easily change my mind about it if the sounds are extraordinarily better than what's already on the T1 and T2.

Okay carrot lovers! Yamaha just dangled a carrot in front of you. I wonder how many will succumb to the temptation (GAS i.e. Gear Aquisition Syndrome) and upgrade their T1 or T2 to the new T3? >> Not me that's for sure. But you all knew that right?

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-17-2008).]

#234423 - 05/17/08 09:07 PM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:
No improvement to the Music Finder?

Graham

Thats not good if they left out saving transpose to MFD. Start selling your T2's now before the price drop...

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-17-2008).]

#234424 - 05/18/08 12:26 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
The problem for both yamaha and Korg are that they really pushed the envelope with the T2 and the PA1X and it is going to be real hard to come up with something that sonically is going to blow anyone away after these ground breaking instruments. Super articulation was incredible when it first came out and it set this forum and many others alight , it also did the same to the synth forums (not pure arranger). I dont know what yamaha can do in such a short space of time between keyboards (T2-T3) to do anything incredible that we have not heard already in their pro synth range. In my view the T2 Was a very serious improvement over the T1. Right now i suspect that most peoples expectations for the new T3 are over inflated because of the huge improvement the T2 was over the T1. Be prepared to adjust your expectations. Certainly dont start ditching your T2 until you have actually demoed the T3 !!!!

By the way i felt the same way about the Pa1X - the Pa2x. I did not go on to buy the PA2X as it was an incremental improvement and to my mind not worth buying another keyboard. The PA2X also has a new sound engine, (that sounds astonishingly like the old sound engine). There are differences in some sounds like the organs and the pianos but they are so minor as to be negligable

#234425 - 05/18/08 01:09 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
Bachus Offline

Dear spalding...

Just compare the sound of T2 or Pa2X to any hardware keyboard including the Korg OASYS, and they still fall short by any software based pro synth including Wersi and mediastation as they are essentially soft synths in a hardware cabinet.

Its not the sound that is disspointing people tough, thats more then sufficient for anyone's needs...

Its the missing pro feautures ... T3 is just more of the same....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#234426 - 05/18/08 02:34 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
IWhere are is the next generation accompaniment like Ketron and Q-ranger are showing us..

Neither of these are NEXT generation arrangers. Firstly, one of them isn't even released yet, but let's not go into that, right now... I believe both of these to be bleeding edge THIS generation arrangers. Let's face it... unless they turn magically into huge commercial successes, both of these will merely be footnotes in arranger history.

The Audya, I still see with substantial problems to solve before it matches the hype. Live audio loops will almost certainly mean a much smaller choice of chord/inversion/root types, which we all enjoy at the moment. It will sound GREAT doing the things it can do, and it won't be able to do anything else. Forget editing styles, forget creating styles, forget the choice of ANY chord you can think of...

The MS, OTOH, has been out for quite a while. Maybe it's complicated architecture is what's holding it back, maybe the style library, maybe just it's obscurity, but one thing is for sure... A LOT more people got to get on this one's bandwagon before it's any harbinger of the NEXT generation.

Many a keyboard of the past has shown us that technical innovation and forward looking concepts have not necessarily guaranteed either success, OR that the market would head in their direction. The market tends to take the path of least resistance, and both of these products make the user make some quite considerable change to the way they actually make music.

Probably not what we are actually looking for.

#234427 - 05/18/08 03:12 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Another point of view
http://www.jazzhooves.com/index.html

Bill

#234428 - 05/18/08 05:00 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Its not the sound that is disappointing people tough, that's more then sufficient for anyone's needs...

Its the missing pro features ...

Now we're getting someplace!!

#234429 - 05/18/08 05:46 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Its the missing pro feautures ...

It didn't stop the Tyros2 from selling in droves.

It's a "home keyboard", remember?

Sure the T3 won't be THAT much different...Yamaha has a winning formula with the Tyros line, and will probably "enhance" and do a logical step-up rather than "revolutionize" and alienate their target market which is the amateur/home user.

Ian

#234430 - 05/18/08 06:16 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
Dnj Offline

Ian.......you are correct.....
for me, all I need are a few navigational, MFD, increased Flash Ram & Voc Harmony Improvement fixes for me to be happy........sounds & styles are more then enough to satisfy & keep me as a customer.
Otherwise down the road my Eyes are WIDE OPEN for my needs.

#234431 - 05/18/08 07:37 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
As cool as the Tyros3 may be, I'll think I'll be waiting for the next S-series for my own personal use.

A Tyros is too much money for my needs...the S900 fulfills all I want from an arranger for now...but, I'm always interested in new sounds and styles which will surely gravitate down from the Tyros3.

I hope to get a T3 on my sample account and I'm pretty sure it will be very nice and very tempting, but my present satisfaction with the S900 will stave off any gear lust...maybe.

Ian

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online