SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#234350 - 05/16/08 04:13 AM Re: Music Pad Pro
N9FAL Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I have had mine since November and it is a work in progress.

Yes, influenced by members here to purchase: Scott, and great help from Stephenm.

The manual is on their web-site, was surprised it didn't come in the box, and the instructions were a bit fuzzy but the tech. support was good. Once you get the system down,its fairly easy.

Had to use the memory flash drive as I ran out of space. My next step is to start placing the play sets and to figure out the best stand for it.

No regrets.

#234351 - 05/16/08 07:02 AM Re: Music Pad Pro
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Thanks for the input folks. I got a few emails offering help with MPP if I got one and I really appreciate that. Does anyone have a line on the best place to buy one?

Hammer

#234352 - 05/16/08 07:15 AM Re: Music Pad Pro
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I got mine here
www.audioworksct.com

ask for Frank

#234353 - 05/16/08 02:48 PM Re: Music Pad Pro
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I got mine here
www.audioworksct.com

ask for Frank

Frank wasn't a dealer when I purchased mine too bad, my loss. I've purchased a couple of major items from Frank. He be da man.

#234354 - 05/17/08 05:16 PM Re: Music Pad Pro
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I have had my MPP for about 9 months. I have about 750 songs in it so far. The project (to migrate lots more music to it) has been on hold as I bought a new S900 and have been working on styles/registrations etc. to get it ready to gig, and other misc. "life priorities". I do like the MPP, I bring it to most gigs now. I can still move faster in a single book (find songs, in a book I made that I know real well) - but for more than one book the MPP wins hands down. but the MPP beats bringing 3, 4, 5 books to a gig!

It is a good amount of time to do all the work needed to migrate music to the MPP, but I feel it will be worth it .

Jim
KN-7000 and S900

#234355 - 05/22/08 01:04 PM Re: Music Pad Pro
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
I've had mine 4 days and have managed to scan in about 35 songs so far using about 3MB on the 1GB usb device , so plenty of space

Incase anyone is interested ... i also bought a canoscan lide25 from Euroffice which does the job well (includes photostudio 5.5 which allows me to set up a macro (i scan in at 300dpi) then apply macro which resizes to 1022 px height (and proportionate width) , the macro also rotates image by 180 deg and shapens lightly , i then save at 50% quality , which is producing good images at about 90 KB per sheet

The playlists when used ith G70 user program lists makes playing for an hour (or more) none stop now poss

After scanning my books (which will take at least a few months) i will be thinking about joining the local lending library!

The MPP does everything i expected (bought mine form Unison Music in UK)

#234356 - 05/22/08 03:14 PM Re: Music Pad Pro
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony
Most music is copyrighted, so consider this before going to the library to get stuff to scan in.
Technically it is illegal to copy any copyrighted music even if you own it, but I don’t think anyone has been prosecuted doing it with music they own, but with borrowed music you’re definitely on dodgy ground.
Just a point to remember if you live in the UK (Most other countries also have similar laws)

Bill

#234357 - 05/22/08 04:45 PM Re: Music Pad Pro
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
Hi Bill

I have only scanned none copyrighted materials - books of my own compositions (thanks for pointing out though i will of course only use the library for borrowing and not copying!

The sunhawk digital downloads site looks good , has anyone used it ?

Cheers

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 05-23-2008).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online