SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#234071 - 05/09/08 04:29 PM Re: Relatively Big Companys that recently filed bankruptcy
Beakybird Offline

Bed bath & beyond did not file for bankruptcy protection. Linens & Things did.

Beakybird

#234072 - 05/09/08 04:42 PM Re: Relatively Big Companys that recently filed bankruptcy
Dnj Offline

These big corporations deserve what they get after putting out the "little guy" year after year.Just look around you every town is now a clone of each other, Home depot, Fridays, Olive garden, Lowe's, & on & on all over. The poor little guy doesn't have a chance anymore to survive in the market place. Downhill we gooooooooooooo!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-09-2008).]

#234073 - 05/09/08 05:28 PM Re: Relatively Big Companys that recently filed bankruptcy
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Even though they filed it doesn't mean they're closing. We've had a grocery store chain file 3 times in the last 10 years and every time it is the small investor that holds the common stock that gets screwed.
They just cancel the stock, cancel some debts, renegotiate the union contracts (downward of course, cut benefits)

The company officers and large investors don't lose a thing. And of course the company comes out better off Some of the debtors get big tax writeoffs.

#234074 - 05/09/08 05:40 PM Re: Relatively Big Companys that recently filed bankruptcy
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
BTW what happens when Home Depot or Guitar Center come to town and chase out all the local stores.. then they leave.

#234075 - 05/09/08 07:43 PM Re: Relatively Big Companys that recently filed bankruptcy
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Don't worry... So what if there are no music stores left..?

When the tab for the War finally comes due (after the note has been bought by the Chinese, of course), none of us will have very much for new keyboards, anyway

What an inspired idea... Start a war, and put the whole thing on credit, so the NEXT administration (2008) has to be the ones that have to raise taxes and cut benefits to pay for it. Genius...

Then, at the NEXT election after that one (2012), you promise to cut taxes and regain power after it was YOU that made the mess in the first place (and then you just cut taxes on the top 10%, thereby fulfilling your election promise )...

After all, as long as the top 10% do well in the US, who cares what happens to the rest of us?

"I pledge allegiance to the United Corporation of America, and to the Profits for which it stands, with Golden Parachutes for us, and Liberty and Justice for all who can afford them"
------------------------------------------------

Or we could talk about MUSIC..?

#234076 - 05/09/08 07:53 PM Re: Relatively Big Companys that recently filed bankruptcy
Dnj Offline

Yes Playing Music makes me forget all that crap you just said......just close your eyes Diki & play your songs &
"Make The World Go Away" thats the magic we musicians possess & many have no idea of what we're talking about

#234077 - 05/09/08 08:20 PM Re: Relatively Big Companys that recently filed bankruptcy
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Yes Playing Music makes me forget all that crap you just said......just close your eyes Diki & play your songs &
"Make The World Go Away" thats the magic we musicians possess & many have no idea of what we're talking about

Making the world go away would involve only playing music up until thirty years ago, wouldn't it, Donny..?

From what you post, I actually get the impression that it is YOU who would prefer the 21st century to have never happened..!

Me, I prefer NOT to stick my head in the sand, and pretend the last few years never happened, but whatever gets you through the day.

BTW... 'all that crap you just said'... Do you REALLY want to go down that path, or are your manners and civility just on temporary leave? That finger you are pointing has three pointing back.

#234078 - 05/09/08 08:25 PM Re: Relatively Big Companys that recently filed bankruptcy
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
From what you post, I actually get the impression that it is YOU who would prefer the 21st century to have never happened..!

With that statement you would be correct.....take a look around you...its the one solice I have that I can recall a happier time....through memories & my music.
Life is way too short to dilly dally my friend.We all choose are path.....do it wisely. I live for today but & exist in yesterday for sure!
Now wheres my "Introducing the Beatles" album & my headphones?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online