SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#233507 - 05/01/08 01:51 PM Edirol USB Audio Interface UAex
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I just purchased this unit for my laptop on the job..It has excellent specs...and more important..it sounds great..
It is very compact and easily fits just about anywhere...

The bonus to me, was the very surprising asio drivers from Edirol...in fact they are the best I have or have used...the latency is super low without any artifacts..
This is the first asio drivers or any direct driver...that finally plays like a hardware keyboard..When I midi my controller to my G70...that is the way I want my sounds to play...The Edirol drivers allow this with my soft synths and other VSTs...

I always wondered how Dom got the MediaStation to play at such low latency..he must be using "Super Asio drivers"

I would suggest anyone looking for a high quality Audio Interface..to grab one of these....the Asio driver is worth the price alone to me..

It is very simple operation , but has some neat controls on it.. The unit is UA-1EX

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 05-01-2008).]

#233508 - 05/01/08 02:12 PM Re: Edirol USB Audio Interface UAex
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Dom is using Linux to run the MS, no doubt with custom drivers for the hardware to get super low latency.

Linux is a FAR better OS than Windows of any flavor for the purpose of prioritizing the entire CPU towards it's music tasks...

BTW, what super low latency ARE you getting from the Edirol, Fran? And what OS are you using?

#233509 - 05/01/08 05:22 PM Re: Edirol USB Audio Interface UAex
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Diki, when I installed the drivers, it loaded[defaulted?) to 5 ms..It works perfect ..no crackling, distortion of any sort...I did not try to lower the latency more[didn't need to}, but I will experiment and see how low I can go...
I am using XP Professional, and a Pentium 4 on both my laptop and PC..

My other drivers get down to about 13 ms {before static)...I can tell the Edirol drivers are superior..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online