SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#233501 - 05/01/08 11:44 AM Two Manual Tyros Fantasy Idea
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - I have for a long time dreamed that Yamaha would add a second "half manual" to a Tyros-like keyboard, so I did a quick, crude Photoshop of one. Don't criticize my PS skills, I did this in 5 min, very crudely.
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn83/jimlaing/two-manual-Tyros-idea.jpg

Did it just for fun - would love it Yamaha would do something like this - add 2-1/2 octave keyboard, full width keys but maybe a bit less key length to save space. Of course, button layout would have to be re-done, but this ought to be doable.

Since Yamaha doesn't make organs anymore, couldn't they do this - would maybe add 5 lbs. (pounds) to the weight, maybe add $500 to the final selling cost (I'd even pay $1000 extra for this) - have SOLO buttons (right next to RIGHT3) to register sounds to this mini-solo keyboard ...

Hey, forget about 76 key Tyros - I want a one-and-a-half manual, 93 (total) key Tyros! :-)

Jim

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn83/jimlaing/two-manual-Tyros-idea.jpg

#233502 - 05/01/08 11:53 AM Re: Two Manual Tyros Fantasy Idea
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Jim
Yamaha Still make Organs (Electones) as does Kawai and they sell like hot cakes, however they are only sold in the Asian markets as their research has shown that there is not enough demand in Europe and US markets.
Quite a few people have imported then though, both in Europe and the US.

Bill

#233503 - 05/01/08 11:58 AM Re: Two Manual Tyros Fantasy Idea
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - I didn't realize they still made em, as I looked them up and didn't find any - but I was looking under Yamaha USA.

I have played some of the older Electones (a model such-and-such 120 comes to mine) and they were very nice - but VERY expensive - instruments.

Anyway, it's probably just a fantasy, but I'd love to see a Tyros 3 that has a mini second keyboard on it! "-)

Jim

#233504 - 05/01/08 12:04 PM Re: Two Manual Tyros Fantasy Idea
Dnj Offline

#233505 - 05/01/08 01:47 PM Re: Two Manual Tyros Fantasy Idea
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by jimlaing:
I'd love to see a Tyros 3 that has a mini second keyboard on it! "-)

And I'd love to see a Tyros with a 76 on it...

I don't think either of us should hold our breaths!

#233506 - 05/01/08 07:16 PM Re: Two Manual Tyros Fantasy Idea
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Jim,
Why not have it right now???
You can VERY easly add a CME 61 or 76 (I use 76) lower manual for under $400. Less is you want lower quality. The CME has as good or better feel etc as the T2.
Very easy to setp the T2 and CME to work. Only need 1 MIDI cable a few minutes setup and you are in business. I use a two tier stand ad actually have the lower two rubber bumpers setting on the CME. The upper part o the T2 sets on the arm of the 2nd tier of the stand. They are AS CLOSE as any organ I ever owned! Actually the T2 keys even overhang a little on the lower manual.

So, he left split area of the CME is the lower (left) of the T2 and the right side of the split on the CME is used to play RH 3 or any ther you want... OR a attached sound module!

Lee

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online