SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#233049 - 04/28/08 10:50 PM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Don’t forget virtually all mainstream arrangers are made on a production line, and therefore to make a larger version (76 notes) would require modifying the existing line (Reducing capacity of their smaller 61 note arrangers) or building a complete new line for the larger model, which is very expensive and time consuming. (The accountants will want a 99.9% guarantee that enough sales can be made to make a profit after all the setup costs)
Roland and Korg etc already have lines for each version, so cost (The amount of sales required to make a profit) is much cheaper then having to build a line from scratch.
Hope this helps to clarify matters

Bill

Yamaha did some 76 models in the past, espescially the 76 key Motif ain't that long ago...

But then since Yamaha probably has only 1 keyboard production line it is build to switch between the current models. I don't think their costs will be that high. And both you an d me and Mister yamaha know that they can sell a few thousand of these worldwide...

Tough i even would not be surprised if much of the finall assembly gets done by hand....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#233050 - 04/29/08 12:04 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I worked on installing these types of systems for years, and while it may seem simple to do for the layman, I can assure you it is not, and neither is it cheap.
The Motif ranges are separate lines.
Yamaha have always said that their research indicates that there is not enough demand for a Yamaha 76 note arranger, and until you can convince the accountants otherwise, it isn’t gong happen.
Regards

Bill

#233051 - 04/29/08 03:04 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
If I was a betting man, I would put my money on your statements, Kingfrog...I can't see Yamaha changing a winning formula for a "home" arranger...just enhancing it.

More SA voices and styles are what the users will be most happy with, and the OS system, which is already excellent, won't be changed very much, if at all, in my opinion.

Maybe we'll see an increase in polyphony and maybe a new main piano sound along with the other incremental changes.

Should be interesting.

Ian

Makes you wonder why would someone spend almost $$4000 to buy over the same keyboard they already have with a few more sounds and styles. Which by the way can and should be done by software upgrade.

I guess Yamaha know they can fool most of their customers all of the time.

#233052 - 04/29/08 03:11 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yamaha are wise enough not to mess with a winning formula...that's pretty simple for all but the terminally dumb to understand.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-29-2008).]

#233053 - 04/29/08 03:28 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
Bachus Offline

On a side note....

Seems like roland has everything needed to make an arranger keyboard that makes the new Tyros 3 bite the dust...

They have :

Awesome synthesizer sounds and the best onboard sequenser in the phantom G-series..great sample player..

Awesome Organ sounds, huge polypgony, articulation voices and beautifull styles (including real drums and real tracks)in their AT900 organs

The best sounding piano from their SX700 stage piano.

Awesome keys with great feeling.

The most awesome real time solo synth with breathtaking possibilities in the V-synth..

Realintuitive interfaces (Fantom-g V-synth AT900)

If they can cramp all of these algorythmes intoo one 76 keys keyboard with their lovely 800x640 touchscreen, it will be a hell of an arranger..........

But then with the typicall roland keyboards they allways feel like a trade off, with minimalised options to save all that beautifull stuff...Expecting something like this from Roland is the same as expecting it from Yamaha..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#233054 - 04/29/08 03:34 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

But then with the typicall roland keyboards they allways feel like a trade off...

I agree...maybe the new G-series will be different.

Ian

#233055 - 04/29/08 04:02 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I've been a loyal Yamaha arranger customer for close to twenty years. If the T3 does not have greatly improved drums and bass, I will (sadly) be moving. I spent two hours at GC and was very impressed with the overall Korg sound...

#233056 - 04/29/08 04:06 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Makes you wonder why would someone spend almost $$4000 to buy over the same keyboard they already have with a few more sounds and styles. I guess Yamaha know they can fool most of their customers all of the time.

There seems to be plenty of home players who want this...the T2 was a moderate upgrade from the T1, yet it sold exceptionally well...what's wrong with knowing your target market very well?

Your statement seems to suggest that Yamaha customers are "fools"...not a nice thing to imply.

By the way, genesys what little gem of an instrument are you playing these days?

Ian the Curious

#233057 - 04/29/08 05:08 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
There seems to be plenty of home players who want this...the T2 was a moderate upgrade from the T1, yet it sold exceptionally well...what's wrong with knowing your target market very well?

Your statement seems to suggest that Yamaha customers are "fools"...not a nice thing to imply.

By the way, genesys what little gem of an instrument are you playing these days?

Ian the Curious

From Yamaha’s behavior with arrangers Yamaha thinks so.

I guess “who the cap fit let them where it”

BTW still playing the Genesys.
An example of a keyboard that could last for a long while.

#233058 - 04/29/08 05:32 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
From Yamaha’s behavior with arrangers Yamaha thinks so.

I disagree...and there are a great many happy Yamaha users that would disagree with you as well.

I do respect your opinion, even though it is clearly wrong.

You use a Genesys?

How nice of them to name a keyboard after you.

Ian

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online