SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#233039 - 04/27/08 03:32 PM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
John DiLeo Offline

Impuls your correct...it seems that we went astray again off topic. I for one am curious at what is up Yamaha's sleeve for the T3 arranger or what ever it will be called. I hope they stay pretty much in the classic arranger features design versus making it an all in one "Arrang-OKE" machine like some of the rest out there.

#233040 - 04/27/08 03:43 PM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
The T3 will be a glorified S900. I don't see Yamaha breaking out a huge jump in the evolution of the Arranger keyboard. I don't even see them doing as much as Korg or Roland has done by a long margin.

I see them having more styles, more SA sounds (or some new technology there) and an EASIER interface, That's the way they went on the 400 series Clavinovas. Keep it simple. Thats Yamaha. They do sell a lot of arranger keyboards with that "mission statement".

If I was a betting man, I would put my money on your statements, Kingfrog...I can't see Yamaha changing a winning formula for a "home" arranger...just enhancing it.

More SA voices and styles are what the users will be most happy with, and the OS system, which is already excellent, won't be changed very much, if at all, in my opinion.

Maybe we'll see an increase in polyphony and maybe a new main piano sound along with the other incremental changes.

Should be interesting.

Ian

#233041 - 04/28/08 02:13 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Those rumors of a 'guitar mode' sound intriguing...

#233042 - 04/28/08 02:44 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
Bachus Offline

Sure yamaha has a winner for the home market..

But with a 76 key road ready version they also could enter the real pro market and eat a share from Korg's, ketron's and Rolands domain.

It can't be that expensive to develope a 76 version with the same electronics inside as the Tyros 3... And if they make it a pro modell with all options added from the start, they might even have a winner...

It just keeps me wondering thats all...

Personally i am curently thinking about changing to Wersi, because i can easilly add my Yamaha performancess to that Wersi, while having a much more open Arranger. Tough its in another price for those, so if T3 has a 76 key version for much less then a Wersi, i might be temnpted to stick with Yamaha..

I am currently aiming of moving away from my Tyros by the end of the year.. But i am doing extensive research now.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#233043 - 04/28/08 12:54 PM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
That's been my point all along...

The cost of tooling the S900 (or T2/3) up into a 76 form factor would be a tiny fraction of developing a whole new arranger, and would give them a crack at a market they have NO presence in at the moment...

My marketing skills may be minor, but that one always struck me as a no-brainer... If you see a market that IS making money for other companies, and it costs so little to compete in it, why not attack it? Even if you only make a little money in there, it's money far in excess of the development costs, and you are weakening your competitors, and opening a new customer base.

Go figure...

#233044 - 04/28/08 12:56 PM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Sure yamaha has a winner for the home market..

Correctomundo.

#233045 - 04/28/08 01:04 PM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
If anyone is willing to put a deposit or major payment I will make sure to send the first T3s to them

You could be the first one on the block with the T3

#233046 - 04/28/08 02:46 PM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Don’t forget virtually all mainstream arrangers are made on a production line, and therefore to make a larger version (76 notes) would require modifying the existing line (Reducing capacity of their smaller 61 note arrangers) or building a complete new line for the larger model, which is very expensive and time consuming. (The accountants will want a 99.9% guarantee that enough sales can be made to make a profit after all the setup costs)
Roland and Korg etc already have lines for each version, so cost (The amount of sales required to make a profit) is much cheaper then having to build a line from scratch.
Hope this helps to clarify matters

Bill

#233047 - 04/28/08 03:01 PM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
ianmcnll Offline

Good post, Bill...it makes perfect sense.

Ian

#233048 - 04/28/08 06:19 PM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
John DiLeo Offline

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online