SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#232605 - 04/20/08 11:17 AM Re: What are "Pro" instruments?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Hey - it give us something to read over the weekend.

#232606 - 04/20/08 11:29 AM Re: What are "Pro" instruments?
John DiLeo Offline

Cass.....all this negativity toward Arrangers doesnt help anyone. Its really not needed. I wish the energy was put to help people who use arrangers so they may become more productive in their ability.
We should be helping each other NOT bashing or demeaning the very thing we love mainly Arranger KB's. I want to get to be a better player & learn from people better then me who have traveled the same road. Is that asking too much?

#232607 - 04/20/08 12:00 PM Re: What are "Pro" instruments?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You know, 100% of all the arranger slamming I have ever heard comes from this forum... Mostly from those with a chip on their shoulder. If you CAN play and sound good, why care..? But maybe there are a few that know that they could do better, and get defensive when faced with criticism they ASSUME is about them (no smoke without fire, eh? ). I'm pretty sure any negative comments about an arranger have nothing to do with ME, so I could care less. Why are YOU so upset?

Only a few idiots blame the gun for the crime... Most sensible people blame the SHOOTER

Time to give it a rest, gentlemen...

#232608 - 04/20/08 12:08 PM Re: What are "Pro" instruments?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Time to give it a rest, gentlemen...

Why Diki? This is great entertainment. I haven't laughed so hard since my old mother-in-law fell down the basement stairs.

This place is pure joy.

Ian

#232609 - 04/20/08 12:29 PM Re: What are "Pro" instruments?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I haven't laughed so hard since my old mother-in-law fell down the basement stairs.
Ian

You know, you shouldn't let her move that G70 all by herself

You SURE she wasn't pushed?

#232610 - 04/20/08 12:55 PM Re: What are "Pro" instruments?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
You know, you shouldn't let her move that G70 all by herself

You SURE she wasn't pushed?

No...but she was driven.

#232611 - 04/20/08 01:05 PM Re: What are "Pro" instruments?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
See what I mean, John.

#232612 - 04/20/08 01:34 PM Re: What are "Pro" instruments?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
You know, 100% of all the arranger slamming I have ever heard comes from this forum... Mostly from those with a chip on their shoulder.

I want to agree with this statement.

Visit either Korg forums or the Roland arranger forum and you find tips, help, suggestions bug spotting (NOT 'board/player bashing or very rarely), and an altogether more harmonious and co-operative atmosphere.

More in keeping with what I think these forums are about.

Nigel has provided two seperate areas that this kind of thing belongs in, in my view.

General and The Bar.

I usually never visit these, because I reckon there would be mostly the drivel that occupies thread space on this forum which I prefer to avoid, only to find it keeps appearing here.

The general arranger forum should be about posting ideas, suggestions and answering calls for help with constructive replies, not trying to deride the poster, deliver zippy one-liners or make disparaging remarks about the choice of keyboard or its method of use.

The clash of egos, "one-upmanship" brinkmanship, trying to outsmart everyone else, I have really only seen happen on a frequent basis, on this forum.

I do keep looking in, in the hope that someone has posted a constructive or informative thread, but come away without finding one.

Perhaps the last comment in the above quoted post "time to give it a rest" is the most sagacious of all.

Dennis

#232613 - 04/20/08 01:37 PM Re: What are "Pro" instruments?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
So John, being somewhat of a car buff and all, tell me; How does the Popemobile handle. Man, in the short time you've been on the forum, I think you've posted more indignant rage at the alleged arranger-bashers than I've seen in the entire time I've been on the forum. Maybe it's time to give it a rest. I think it's safe to say that by now we all understand your feelings about all the negativity about your musical instrument and all the musical instruments damned by the title, ARRANGER KEYBOARD. Surely you must be tired by now, given the weight of that enormous chip on your shoulder. What on earth does "HERE YE, HERE YE, TECHNOLOGY IS COMING AND YOU'D BETTER JUST ACCEPT IT", have to do with ability, talent, and training. Trust me, man, you're taking this stuff waaaaay to seriously. Nobody else does, at least not for more than a day or two. You said a few days ago that you didn't feel accepted. Try posting something other than protests about some imagined wrong to your computer with a keybed attached. Oops, I think I went too far. Since you're a newbie, here are some time-honored tips; don't take anything said on an international, world-wide, multi-cultural, multi-national, forum too seriously. 90% of it is usually good stuff, just ignore the other 10% if it annoys you. Here's another: Always end questionable or potentially controversial statements with a smiley face. Like this .

chas

#232614 - 04/20/08 01:39 PM Re: What are "Pro" instruments?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Visit either Korg forums or the Roland arranger forum and you find tips, help, suggestions bug spotting (NOT 'board/player bashing or very rarely), and an altogether more harmonious and co-operative atmosphere.

More in keeping with what I think these forums are about.

I agree with you Dennis...the Yamaha forums offer the same stuff...tips, tricks and generally a lot of help.

Why do think SZ is the way it is?

Ian

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online