SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#232527 - 04/22/08 03:37 AM Re: Does Yammy have a problem 76 keys?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
We do thoroughly appreciate and enjoy your company though and hope you continue to stick around.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 04-21-2008).]

Certainly I do intend to stick around Mike...if only to read more of your exercises in wordiness.

Long and dead-end posts like yours remind me of a great Cape Breton saying...in Gaelic, "Far an taine ‘n abhainn, ‘s ann as mò a fuaim."...in English, "Where the stream is shallowest, it is noisiest."

You should try directing your tedious posts to someone who might take them seriously...I don't anymore...and your ineffective attempts to kick me in the ass prove only one thing...that I am ahead of you...invidia is a cruel taskmaster,

So many words....so little substance...my, you really must love to read your own posts...too bad you're the only one that understands them.

I certainly can "adequately handle or properly appropriate negative input or feedback"...but it has to be from someone I respect and who actually knows how to express it...you presently aren't in either category.

Sorry if my directness offends you, but if you can dish it out, you surely must be able to take it.

Ian

PS...Judging from your comments about playing piano on a 76 note semi-weighted keyboard, you obviously aren't serious about your piano playing...that's IF you do play piano....perhaps not.

AND...if Yamaha isn't makin' what YOU want...buy elsewhere...get a Korg or Roland or a Mediastation...nobody is going to be mad at you or miss you...least-ways not me, and certainly not Yamaha.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-23-2008).]

#232528 - 04/22/08 04:04 AM Re: Does Yammy have a problem 76 keys?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But he sure seems to ENJOY being our whipping boy, doesn't he?

No problem, my diminutive buddy...I can handle it...even the more obnoxious(heavy on the "noxious" part) posters like Mike, are of little consequence in my comfortable and peaceful world.

It's easy to see neither of you are anywhere close to being content with your lot in life...hence the overly long, boring and arrogant posts.

I have a suspicion you were both picked on when you were children...hence the constant picky-pickyness of most of your posts.

You have to get a life, guys...please!

Perhaps you could work as a team...like Mutt and Jeff or Abbott and Costello...Dumb and Dumber?

Just joking.

Peace to you both...you surely need it.

Ian

PS... yes, Diki...my job with Yamaha is small and relatively unimportant...at least in your estimation...but, then again, what you do means very little to me.

I am quite content with the work I do...Yamaha is a great company, and has stood by me through some difficult times.

Yamaha is composed of very hard working and compassionate people, and I'm proud to be associated with the company.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-22-2008).]

#232529 - 04/22/08 08:45 AM Re: Does Yammy have a problem 76 keys?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Well... Interesting conversation..
I just ( 3 weeks now) bought a PA2XPRO.. WOW, I love it. 76 keys AND the great quality of the keybed itself is one reason I got it. It is a compromise to an 88... BUT it's geat weighting and feel is pretty darn good. Lots of others too. I have my Tyros 2 (basically new) now for sale. Don't get me wrong the T2 was super and had some super sounds...styles, and I enjoyed it very much. But for me the PA2 is a better PRO quality board. It also has several features I have asked Yamaha to provide in the area of controlling external sound modules, real sliders, touch screen, MIDI functions etc. that the T2 doesn't. Yamaha did not listen. They don't care about me. I'm nobody to them. True I may be looking for some more advanced things the way I use it. I have a full 76 note MIDI keyboard on the bottem (lower) that fits like a glove and I use a 13 note pedel board. Also I control my Kurzweil sound module INCLUDING bank/program change right from the PA2 performances ad song book entrys.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I own a small company, if I didn't listen to my customers, try to get them what they want/need and take great care of them, instead of giving them what I want them to have... I would be gone. But that's a disadvantage of a small CO. vs a super Corp....or is it?

Lee

#232530 - 04/22/08 10:13 AM Re: Does Yammy have a problem 76 keys?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
It also has several features I have asked Yamaha to provide in the area of controlling external sound modules, real sliders, touch screen, MIDI functions etc. that the T2 doesn't. Yamaha did not listen. They don't care about me. I'm nobody to them.

Well, Lee...did you actually ask Korg for the sliders, touch screen, or MIDI functions or did they just happen to be on the instrument when you got it?

Did you actually contact Yamaha and ask for these features?

Remember, each manufacturer has their own approach to doing things(which they believe is best)...if you don't like how they do things, you can always go elsewhere...which is what you have done.

Good for you...wise move.

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase...the PA2XPro seems to be a great instrument, although I honestly haven't had a chance to try one.

The local dealer only carries Yamaha and Roland arrangers.

A bloomin' pity.

Ian

#232531 - 04/22/08 03:52 PM Re: Does Yammy have a problem 76 keys?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Hey, Ian... Sorry, my post wasn't meant to diminish what you do in any way, merely to point out to those that go around ASSuming that what you say, and your opinions, are in any way an official communication from Yamaha (as that prior post seemed to do) or a statement of their official position.

You are always the first to point this out, but somehow the point seldom gets through, does it!

Let's face it, anyone doing this at Yamaha's bequest would be pushing the T2 primarily, not their lower models! We BOTH work and play in little backwaters (I don't worry about that!), so it wasn't meant as a slight. How could it be, if I am in the same position..? There's no bitterness towards you personally, you just tend, because you DO jump in with a 'pro-Yamaha' opinion on just about ANY thread (Yamaha related or not ), to get a lot of the flack and bitterness that is really MEANT for Yamaha.

We're sorry for that, but at times, you DO seem to relish it, in good humor...

Trust me, my recuperating friend, what I posted wasn't meant as a put-down, simply as an acknowledgment of your 'non-official' Yamaha booster stance. I thought you were unfairly singled out in that post, and sought to address it, but I obviously threw the baby out with the bathwater....

Neither of us back off much in our posts to each other, and that's a good thing, as long as we BOTH know it's in a friendly ribbing mode. But occasionally, one or the other (or sometimes BOTH) will get a bit carried away and leave a bad taste... But I know that it's in good faith, and I hope you remain feeling the same way...

Sorry if this one upset you. It wasn't meant to (I THOUGHT there were enough smilies! ). We BOTH toil along in obscurity, and, as much as we both love our particular choices of arrangers, both of us only speak our personal opinions. I represent Roland Corp. as much as you represent Yamaha Corp.

As fans, NOT official spokesmen!

#232532 - 04/22/08 04:30 PM Re: Does Yammy have a problem 76 keys?
ianmcnll Offline

Hey, Diki...I'm not one for taking this forum too seriously...you know that quite well by now.

But neither of us enjoy a disrespectful comment even when it's handed to us followed by an army of smileys...and it's hard not to respond with more of the same.

That's generally how things get out of hand on SZ(and other forums) and it's too bad when that happens as a lot of good information gets overshadowed by a usually silly slap fest that no one really wins.

Whether an individual feels that Yamaha is good or bad means diddly squat to me...I just don't care...it is not my concern.

But, through it all, I am enthusiastic about the company because I know it at a level that most of you don't...and so I am loyal.

I did feel that Mike's post was a tad disrespectful, but it is more a reflection of his accumulated dissatisfactions with himself than it has to do with me...and that's something he has to deal with on his own.

Thanks for your post and I'll conclude by saying that you should know me well enough by now to realize that the only way I would be somebody's "whipping boy" is if I'm holding the whip.

Ian

#232533 - 04/22/08 04:45 PM Re: Does Yammy have a problem 76 keys?
ianmcnll Offline

Diki,

Regarding recuperation...I did get a bit of disappointing news today...I had to cancel my Mother's Day gig at my old haunt...doctor's orders...after two major surgeries within a year, he is a bit wary of me doing any lifting at this point in my recovery...yes, even the little S900 is too heavy.

He figures sometime after the end of June would be a more realistic starting point.

I'm quite disappointed as I miss playing immensely....doing demos is not the same.

Ian

#232534 - 04/22/08 04:50 PM Re: Does Yammy have a problem 76 keys?
Diki Offline

Cool...

I certainly hope this isn't going to stop you from trolling around and getting a dig in at Roland whenever you can...

I need all the humor I can get, these days!

I've got a nasty feeling I am going to be able to get a dig in on the T3 LONG before you ever get a chance to flame the G80, though...

#232535 - 04/22/08 04:55 PM Re: Does Yammy have a problem 76 keys?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Diki,

Regarding recuperation...I did get a bit of disappointing news today...I had to cancel my Mother's Day gig at my old haunt...doctor's orders...after two major surgeries within a year, he is a bit wary of me doing any lifting at this point in my recovery...yes, even the little S900 is too heavy.

He figures sometime after the end of June would be a more realistic starting point.

I'm quite disappointed as I miss playing immensely....doing demos is not the same.

Ian

Sorry, my last post was before I saw this one...

So sorry to hear this. I would be climbing the walls by now under the same circumstances...

Can't you find a little grommet to help you move things? Some kid that might like to move a bit of gear to get to hang out at the master's shoulder and learn a few things?

Even a kid could move that PSR... It was designed for them, after all..! (Sorry, couldn't help myself on that one )

And then there are those plastic plate speakers, surely the doctor won't object to those? Bring your own hamster, though...

#232536 - 04/23/08 07:40 AM Re: Does Yammy have a problem 76 keys?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Oh, they do make them...just not in every line...

Check out live and TV acts...you rarely see any pros using 76 notes keyboards anymore. I guess they don't wish to compromise...I know I wouldn't.

Anyone needing an instrument with more than 61 notes is most likely going to be playing piano on it, and 76 notes of wimpy semi-weighted action is not going to be acceptable to most, if not all, piano players.

Ian, I think you finally turned the light on in my head regarding this wornout discussion. If I was a REAL pro playing stage concerts and such - or even playing regularly for mucho dinero - I'm pretty sure I would be carting an 88 and a 61 of something or the other.

The 76 keyboards seem to be a convenient compromise for some of us in less than perfect situations. That doesn't reduce the argument that there should be a niche for 76's, but now I certainly understand the 88 argument better.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online