SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#232441 - 04/18/08 08:09 AM Wersi OAS and vst's
Bachus Offline

I have read a lot about wersi systems lately, And even asked this specific questions to the dutch dealer DaCapo and Helmut from Wersi Austria..almost a year ago, but never got an answer.

I'd like to know if i can use the Muse replicator and the NI Kore (loaded with Komplete 5) together with a Wersi...

My idea is to have the NI-B4 II directly set as 1 vst, and then either add the NI Kore as a vst and load all other Vst's intoo the Kore using the Kore as a host for all other VSt's
Maybe even using a Muse replicator with uniwire for extra processor power..
Seems like noboddy has ever tested this.

Also: Can i upgrade a wersi to the fastest processor types (Intel C2D Extremes, as i beleive Wersi does not support more then 2 cores, so Quad cores might be out of the question) so use all these instruments in real time without loosing notes..
Is 2GB max possible memmory, or can i add 3GB, which seems to be the max for Windows XP.

Abacus and ensnareyou seem to know alot about Wersi, so they might be able to answer these questions...

And i must agree that these Wersi sound like my bread and butter, when i compare them to my current Tyros.

Also i can't find any info about the Vocaliser board available for Wersi...

And whats up with OAS 8, any word on what to expect for the future...

Sadly there is no 88 key stage piano variant for the Wersi...so maybe i need to choose for the EX with a good master keyboard, but then that would clutter my visuall appearance on the stage..

I am a huge fan of VST's and its sad to see that only Wersi and lionstracs have taken steps to use them in their gear....Maybe the new Roland and/or Tyros3 will bring something like that, but i highly doubt it..

Well at least i have saved the money to buy me such a beauty in the months to come... thats a good thing, took me over 2 years to get it together.. So i am still looking intoo the mediastation too as they are a lot cheaper.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#232442 - 04/18/08 12:41 PM Re: Wersi OAS and vst's
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Bachus
The biggest surprise is that you did not get a reply from Helmut of Wersi Austria, (Almost unheard of) try again with a basic e-mail, just in case your original got destroyed by a Spam Filter. (Alternatively post on the forum)
CPU
Current instruments use AMD multi-core processors; however you will need to order the upgraded version to run Komplete 5, as well as the larger hard disk(s). The Windows version that Wersi use, can accept up to 4GB of Ram, however due to the way the 32bit Windows system operates you will probably only get about 3.5GB max for your own use.
KORE
The Kore 2 controller can be connected via USB or Midi (USB is probably the least painful)
VST
To get the best performance, I suggest you use all 4 VST slots
RECEPTOR
This can be connected via Midi to your Wersi instrument (The Wersi has 2 independent Midi outs, each with their own sound banks)
VOCALISER
I am not a singer, so can’t really help there, however I have heard players using it, and it seems OK. (Most singers tend to use the TC Helicon vocalizes though)
OAS 8
There is still loads of potential to develop OAS 7 much further (Current version is R (Revision) 31) so there is no point in bringing out an OAS 8 version. (R32 is expected in the not too distant future)
UPDATES
We are promised an 8 track Studio quality audio recorder in the future, (Which I assume will replace the current Hard Disk Recorder and CD Burn modules) and we are also overdue for a big update in the Open Art Arranger (Users have reported various buttons have appeared in the OAA which as yet serve no function)
88 NOTES
The only 88 note board that Wersi produce is the Giga Piano
Hope this helps

Bill

#232443 - 04/18/08 11:29 PM Re: Wersi OAS and vst's
Bachus Offline

Dear Bill

Actually i never send an E-mail to Werner, but i posted my question on the forums, back then he prommised to look intoo it, but i am sure he never got the time to really do so (Was a question involving Muse replicator in combination with uniwire, which allows you to use the whole replicator as 1 Vst plugin and communicate over ethernet)...I agree that this is one of the most helpfull people on the whole internet tough, and he certainly answered other questions i asked in the past.

But being on the Wersi.co.at forums i found out other nice piecess of info. I know now that Wersi actually doesn't use a true ROM set-up for their sounds anymore, bu it uses their variation of Hypersonic, which is actually one of the best and most versatile sound engines available.(even tough it is "just" a vst plugin)

Also its possible to use the new top of the line Intell processors inside of the Wersi as long as you only set it up to not use OAS on more then 1 core... you can use all other cores with plugins tough, leaving lots of room for my NI Komplete collection and Kore 2(which is actually such a nice tool, with and without the hardware)So this might even make a quad core processor work in a Wersi with some tricks...

Next to that, i found a guy named Wersifan on those forums who claims to have 8GB of ram in his Wersi scala...
Now we both know that Windows XP only can use 3GB of memmory...but there are applications that can use more then those 3GB despite the Windows XP max setting to 3GB... I envision that many vst's as they are memmory hogs in generall are programmed to use this kind of memmory..

By now you must have guessed that i plan on rebuilding part of the hardware for my needs as a vst addict... and this exactly is another advantage i find in Wersi, only shared by mediastation but no other systems...I think its obvious that unless technicall things in Arranger land change drastically one can say that you purchase a Wersi OAS system for life, or atleast a very long time.

My biggest worry right now is that i can't find a system to suit my needs..

I really would prefer a 88 key weighted stage piano with lots of sliders. But there is only 1 88 key variant available the giga piano, which seems not build for gigging and also seems to lack most of the controlls avaialble on the other systems.. where are half the sliders and especially the controll wheels?

Using the EX (expander) will probably clutter our visualls to much on stage, and you know how people react when they see something similar to a computer on stage..

The Ikarus (76 key version) doesn't appeal to me by it looks... it looks more like a cheep casio and i don't think it has the option to fit the 10" screen which is a must for me..

All Organ moddels are not meant for easy transportation and stage use, which leaves me with the Abacus... and the optionall 76 keys keyboard, still no 88 key weighted keyboard, but maybe an option...
Sadly i can't and won't use any peddal boards when using my keyboards on stage or at home... I have grown accustomed to a more piano like playing style that i like very much...

-------------------

Oh and one more question, can i build a seccond (or more) hard disks intoo this keyboard? when using Vst's and or the future recoreding a 2nd and 3rd HD might become very handy... I think Vst's that use streaming for playing their samples work better from a sepperate HD, not being hindered by any other application/os/virtuall memmory... Same goes for recording to a hard disk. Its not so much about will it work... but more about will it fix intoo the box....assuming i decide to choose Abacus

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 04-18-2008).]

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 04-18-2008).]

#232444 - 04/19/08 01:04 AM Re: Wersi OAS and vst's
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Bachus
All current versions use multicore CPU without problems, (No need to limit them to 1 core) however I can’t remember which revision this feature was added.
Yes you can fit a second hard disk.
Hope this helps

Bill

#232445 - 04/19/08 03:26 AM Re: Wersi OAS and vst's
Bachus Offline

thanks Bill...

Somehow it seems like Wersianer... are all friendly and helpfull people, also found the website www.wersiworld.com now and i am sure i will get all my questions answered either here or overthere...

Because the more i read about the possibilities and options, the more questions i get...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online