SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#232005 - 04/13/08 01:38 PM Re: I guess we don't have a live feed from Shreveport huh? :-(
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
John,
No, it was the original. I haven't heard the MJ Plus, but they are having a few little problems with it. I think they are related to midi/polyphony, but not certain exactly what.
Ketron engineers are working to address them now, I'm told.
DNJ, you'll be happy to know that Eddie took many photos, Joe has 7 hours of video, and many others took photos. Pete recorded the entire thing on his Midjay. He has a large HD installed. He placed mics on left and right side and recorded it all. I will be anxious to hear that!
I was too busy to think about taking photos or recording, but I think both areas were covered.
Today, we met for a couple of hours. Deane and Ted were interested in listening to the SD5, and seeing how some of the controls worked. We finally got Ted to play a little on the Roland E50. He does worship music, and has only been playing a short time, but what he did sounded really good.
HankB was "under the weather" today. I'm sure it had nothing to do with Vodka.
Deane (Hammer) got his first arranger two years ago, which I would never have believed, because he makes both the PA1X and the PSR3000 sound great. He does a lot of Big Band, Swing, Jazz songs. JayR had to leave a little early last night because he had a cold and his eyes were bothering him. He puts his own mark on the songs he does. They are popular sings, but he does them in his own style, and I like that a lot!
I got some great ideas on how to do some songs differently, and also some I hadn't heard or hadn't thought about doing.
All in all I'm certain that everyone participating learned a little and I feel lilke everyone had a good time.
Eddie and Carol are staying over until Tuesday, so Susan and I will be getting together with them tomorrow. They had to make a trip to Sears because they weren't anticipating the cool snap we're having. The high today is only in the high 60's!
DonM

#232006 - 04/13/08 08:31 PM Re: I guess we don't have a live feed from Shreveport huh? :-(
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I just got back, and would like to say what a good time I had. I'm not sure I've ever seen that many talented people in one room! The music was great!!
I'm more of a "gear geek" than a real musician, ESPECIALLY compared to these guys. But I was inspired by the different approaches each of these pros brings to his sets. Music is more than just "right hand melody, left hand chords." I saw lots of ideas that I can't wait to try out on my own. I also met Deane ("Hammer") who lives pretty close by in North Texas. And even though the factory Ketron rep couldn't make it, thanks to Pete, Vince, and Don I got my questions answered and got to see what those boards could do. Thanks for putting up with me guys, you are all awesome, and I sure hope you do it again next year!! -Ted

PS Don I will be sending you a CD with photos, maybe you can post some of them to your website. Take Care!

[This message has been edited by TedS (edited 04-13-2008).]

#232007 - 04/13/08 11:38 PM Re: I guess we don't have a live feed from Shreveport huh? :-(
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Joe Lee got many hours of video, with audio recordings from the mixer.

It sounds like it was a great success. If the video gets put on a DVD can you send me a copy so I can put some of the clips online for everyone to look at.

#232008 - 04/14/08 12:18 AM Re: I guess we don't have a live feed from Shreveport huh? :-(
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Nigel, I'll see that you get one for sure.
Ted, it was great to meet you, and I really appreciate the help loading out the gear. Between Ted and Bill, I didn't have to exert much energy!
Now, if you will drive back over and take it all out of the van. . .
DonM

#232009 - 04/14/08 07:35 AM Re: I guess we don't have a live feed from Shreveport huh? :-(
John DiLeo Offline

Will there or has there been a Northeast area type of jam?

#232010 - 04/14/08 09:01 AM Re: I guess we don't have a live feed from Shreveport huh? :-(
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
I would really be up for one in the North East/Mid Atlantic region.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#232011 - 04/14/08 11:28 AM Re: I guess we don't have a live feed from Shreveport huh? :-(
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
NorthEast - Southern New England, NY/NJ/CT area would be GREAT ...
t.

#232012 - 04/14/08 11:36 AM Re: I guess we don't have a live feed from Shreveport huh? :-(
John DiLeo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
NorthEast - Southern New England, NY/NJ/CT area would be GREAT ...
t.

This would be a super idea......but who would volunteer to be the organizer & pull together all the details like Don M did.

#232013 - 04/14/08 06:44 PM Re: I guess we don't have a live feed from Shreveport huh? :-(
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Don,

Is Eddie going to dump his Yamaha and go Ketron now?

Tom

Tom

#232014 - 04/14/08 06:48 PM Re: I guess we don't have a live feed from Shreveport huh? :-(
JIMSAX Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD USA
Or Baltimore!!!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online