Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#231956 - 04/12/08 01:48 AM 10" Touch Display Comparisons
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#231957 - 04/12/08 01:55 AM Re: 10" Touch Display Comparisons
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Enjoy Life, Play A Wersi.....Don't make that comment at Pakefield Keyboard Festival because you will get lynched. Players purchased the Apollo last September and after promises, promises from Wersi stating every week. They still in April not yet received the product.

#231958 - 04/12/08 03:02 AM Re: 10" Touch Display Comparisons
abacus Offline

Not confined to Wersi unfortunately, as there have been problems getting the new Roland’s as well.
It’s probably because of Climate change

Bill

#231959 - 04/12/08 10:43 AM Re: 10" Touch Display Comparisons
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I don't recall anyone paying for a Roland IN ADVANCE...!

Are you referring to a Roland organ, or is there something we don't know? There WAS some speculation about a new Roland at MusicMesse, but I guess it's still in prototype... But they sure as heck didn't pre-sell any of them.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about. If Roland don't get a new G-series out for a year, they are still within a few months of Yamaha's product cycle (T2 came out shortly after G70) and the T3 won't be out until much later this year.(if all goes well). Nobody is predicting Yamaha's decline just because there's a 3-4 year product cycle for TOTL arrangers.

It's not like they are competing head to head at the same market anyway. The G70 is a 'pro' arranger (from what Ian tells us) and the T2 is a firmly 'home' keyboard (same source ), so why anyone expects them to follow the same release trend beats me...

The thing is, the T2 remains essentially unchanged from the day it was released, while the G70 has undergone 2 MAJOR revisions of it's OS, and while a fair portion of the OS upgrades addressed issues that owners would prefer changed (it DID work OK when released, but we pointed out some ways it could be better, and they obliged), several of the upgrade's features were really important features that were completely new to the arranger. Guitar Mode, and the per-Part parametric EQ were totally new features that, in most other manufacturer's product cycle would simply get rolled into a new model, and those with the old would simply have to buy a new model before they got the new features (Korg is one exception, I must admit).

So, while T2 users have had a 3-4 year wait for new features, in a way, the G70 users, since OS3 and the re-working of the OS, have only had a year with this 'new' arranger. So perhaps there isn't quite the same urgency to get a NEW arranger model out. I, for one, am in NO rush to see a new G-series.

Despite being VERY vocal at Roland-arranger.com about features I want changed or added (you didn't expect anything different THERE, do you? ), they are simply me and many others voicing our desire to have something that is already CLOSE to perfect (for us!) become completely perfect! I am definitely in NO hurry to get another arranger. In fact, I'd like a few more years to get some more money out of this one before I want to change...!

So, the truth is (in a way), it's only been a year since Roland came out with a new arranger, and I got it for free! If I don't see a new G series until 2010, it will STILL be on the same product cycle as Yamaha... So they are showing a prototype at Messe. No big wup. They've been showing the Audya for two YEARS now... Still can't buy one.

Last thing anybody wants is for Roland to rush something uncompleted out like they did last time It took a while, but all my PRIMARY niggles have been addressed and I'm down to nit-picking, now. But anyway, to get back OT, one thing Roland have NOT done is take any pre-orders for anything upcoming. They won't even tell us anything about it until it's in production. I wish some other manufacturers would do the same, save these years of futile waiting... (and wondering where your money went, apparently in Wersi's case )

#231960 - 04/12/08 11:28 AM Re: 10" Touch Display Comparisons
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I would love to see Roland come out with a new and competitive TOTL arranger, at least comparable to the Korg PA2XPro, and maybe even the T3...competition always improves the breed.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-12-2008).]

#231961 - 04/12/08 11:38 AM Re: 10" Touch Display Comparisons
abacus Offline

Hi Diki
Yes, I am referring to the new organs, and most dealers take a deposit on pre-orders in the UK. (Not full payment)
Regards

Bill

#231962 - 04/13/08 12:09 AM Re: 10" Touch Display Comparisons
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
No offense, Ian, but the LAST thing I want Roland to do is come out with an arranger that compares to a PA2XPro or T2...

If I wanted something like those, I would already have them! The thing I love about the Rolands is there DIFFERENCES from the others. Sound quality, OS (in part), build quality, action, drums, pianos, organs... These are already far ahead of the competition (IMO). To be honest, most of what I want in a new Roland is the return of a few features they have dropped (that no-one else has, anyway), and then I'm good.

Apparently, the main things I like in Yamaha's are all proprietary and patented, so there's little chance they are going to be added. I don't want or need MP3 features, although the ARE starting to go down that path by adding them to the new E80 OS (another ADDED feature, not a new model). Rudimentary, admittedly, but it's a start.

I've said many times, I had my G1000 for nearly ten years, never played anything while I had it that I liked better until the G70. There's NOTHING out right now I would change it for, and it's doing a bang up job and making me good money... So, no rush at all. If they NEVER come out with a successor, my G70 should last a good long time (build quality has it's uses!), and K & Y are going to have to change quite a few of THEIR features for me to want to jump ship (including a 76 in Y's case).

Many OMB's put the Roland's down, but that's not my primary gig. For the combination of live band and arranger and sequencer use, trust me. If I REALLY wanted a Y or a K(org), and their sound, I would already have one.

Nothing is perfect, but for what I do, and the sound I want to project, the G70 is still, despite it's flaws, FAR better than any alternative.

#231963 - 04/13/08 03:27 AM Re: 10" Touch Display Comparisons
ianmcnll Offline

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-13-2008).]

#231964 - 04/13/08 03:56 AM Re: 10" Touch Display Comparisons
abacus Offline

I think this must be the quickest post ever to go off topic

Bill

#231965 - 04/13/08 03:59 AM Re: 10" Touch Display Comparisons
ianmcnll Offline

Sorry Bill....I have removed my earlier post so as not to exacerbate the problem.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-13-2008).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online