Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#231417 - 04/06/08 09:08 AM Re: Bose L1
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
The ad says it all--Speakers Only. Then it says One Speaker, which is really weird because you need both segments of the tower assembly--not just one. And, the speakers are pretty much worthless without the base unit, which contains the mixer/amp.

Fran,

If you find a complete, used, Bose L1, in working condition, including a single sub, anywhere in this part of the world for $500 I'll buy it. You know my phone number--give me a call with the location and I'll be out the door before you hang up.

Gary

Gary, that was a quote from a GC manager..and the pricing is in line with other products...$500 is the GC buying offer price...they will earn a return on their investment..hopefully at $1,000..

It I hear of any deals I will give you a heads up..

Maybe , on second thought..I should consider reselling any deals I come across...while the Bose are still hot at list price..

#231418 - 04/06/08 09:09 AM Re: Bose L1
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I wouldn't walk away from this Ebay offer. I would RUN!

Anyone thinking of buying a Bose L1 (I or II) is well advised not to buy without having seen or tried one first. The question on the Ebay listing about needing a stand to put the speakers on tells you right off, this guy knows nothing about Bose and could get the hose.

Best bet: Buy on the 45-day trial from Bose. Or, if used, from someone you know and trust.

As for the Ebay listing: Nice box...but a little pricey for cardboard.

Eddie

#231419 - 04/06/08 09:38 AM Re: Bose L1
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
This guy lives near the Bose repair center and sells all kinds of Bose Units, all returns or remanufactured .
For those interested I had to send in my base unit due to an accident.
For 250 they check it all out, fix whatever is wrong, update the unit, bring it back to factory specs and give you a new 1 year warranty and
ship it back to you return shipping is included it cost me 25 bucks to ship to them.
I had it back a week after it left my door and that included a holiday in there.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 04-06-2008).]

#231420 - 04/06/08 07:59 PM Re: Bose L1
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Run, run, run. That eBay deal is NO DEAL.
There is a concern about using external subs with the model ll that is different from the original PAS. When you don't use the Bose B1 cabinet, the crossover point is almost doubled, so you get a very different response from the tower. I'm sure this is to protect the tiny tower speakers from an inexperienced user that thinks he knows more about bass than the Bose team.
Be careful about buying "pieces" of a system. The pedestal unit is integral, as many have said b4. The Model ll towers do NOT fit the Model l pedestal either.

#231421 - 04/06/08 10:07 PM Re: Bose L1
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
We ended up with the Mod II The speakers are arrayed and right angles to each other in the tower. The system is lighter and the Tone Match is a must.

Dealer cost is $2000 Retail is 2998.00 All dealer have to sell at retail which keeps the used prices up. They go very fast on Ebay and for only $500 less than cost.

$500 from gutar Center for a $2000 system is highway robbery, One can easily get $1300-$1500 for a used L1 Mod I sys with sub.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#231422 - 04/07/08 04:40 AM Re: Bose L1
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
A lot of us have worked in music stores and that 500 price being talked about is what I call the "pawn shop" price,
a guy walks in and wants to sell his gear right now for cash.
You make him a ridiculous offer to see how desperate he is.
We've all done that bought something we don't need or want just because the deal is too good to pass up, haven't we?

I just sold a 3 year old Bose L1 with bass on Craigslist, $1475.
I wanted a local sale the buyer wanted to buy local was online for 2 days.
That's like selling it on ebay for 1600.

[

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 04-07-2008).]

#231423 - 04/07/08 06:24 AM Re: Bose L1
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Thanks to all for the terrific input!!!

I am always looking for the "Deal of a Lifetime!! (Aren't we all).

There is another Ebay deal for a L1 system, looks like something worth bidding on.
http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSE-L1-with-SPEAKER...1QQcmdZViewItem

Question .... If you wanted to have 2 towers (Stereo) and 1 B1 unit,would that work or would 2 B1's be needed to "Balance" the sound??

#231424 - 04/07/08 07:22 AM Re: Bose L1
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
JC,

I would think you would need a pair of identical systems, including subs, to get the proper balance.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#231425 - 04/07/08 07:55 AM Re: Bose L1
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Although the B1 has dual Neutrix outputs, and you can buy long B1 cables.

I wonder

#231426 - 04/07/08 08:59 AM Re: Bose L1
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
That Ebay system is not stereo as there seems to be only one amp. I will bet that system goes for $2000 or very close to it. There is a huge demand for these systems on the second hand market. They truly hold their value better than most in this category. Thanks to BOSE not using inflated retail and low MAP pricing. Everyone pays the same. If the dealer discounts the system they will lose the dealership. Not too many want to do that making a guaranteed and protected 33% margin on every $3000 set up.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online