SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#231181 - 04/05/08 02:40 AM Re: sd2 help(rikkisbears)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dennis,
found what I was refferring to in a museum haahaa, I had a 2 or 3 of them. I think it was the filter I had in mind, but not 100% sure now whether it would do the job anyway. http://www.keyboardmuseum.org/ar/a/anat/anat.html

I ended up with a midi patch bay in the end.

best wishes
rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#231182 - 04/05/08 04:49 AM Re: sd2 help(rikkisbears)
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
[b]

Really need one of those little old fashioned switch boxes or something ( that were round in the early days) pocket something ??. They had a little box that could just about fix anything.
I've got in the back of my mind, I had one that may have switched midi channels on & off. Really wish I'd kept some of my old stuff.
b]

This company provides similar products http://www.midisolutions.com/products.htm

I think the Midi Router would do what you are talking about.

" One of the most obvious applications that is often overlooked for the Router is to filter specific types of MIDI messages or specific MIDI channels; not only can the Router can be programmed to route MIDI data to either of its two MIDI outputs, it's also possible to route MIDI data to neither of its outputs, effectively filtering it. The most common use of this function is to filter out selected MIDI channels to synthesizers or sound modules that receive in omni mode only and do not have the ability to turn individual MIDI channels on or off."

Also has the ability to split the keyboard and use selected ranges.

Hope this info helps

[This message has been edited by richard_shiflet (edited 04-05-2008).]

#231183 - 04/05/08 04:36 PM Re: sd2 help(rikkisbears)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Richard,
thanks for the link.

Currently my own setup with the PA800 as master & using either my sd2, sd1 or psr as a soundsource is working fine.
Haven't tried midiing more than one soundsource to the PA800 as yet.
The midi router you mentioned may be a solution for me down the track should I decide to use more than one soundsource.

Problem at the moment is, the SD2 isn't responding to to the Sys ex messages
because either
I've got it WRONG,
Typo error in the manual or
the operating system in mine has bugs , so not responding.

I'm going to try updating, working the sys ex out for the sd2 could come in handy.

thank you

best wishes
rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by richard_shiflet:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#231184 - 04/07/08 08:25 AM Re: sd2 help(rikkisbears)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Everyone,thanks for debating my problem with muting midi on the sd2, I edit midi files on my pc with logic audio, then trigger various midi modules to get the sounds out, i use chan14 for midi lighting and reverb switching, chan9 for guitar patches, chan5 for M1, chan1 for sampler and chan2 for dmx lighting, then i dump the file to floppy(yes i know!!) then use a yam mdf2 sequencer to spit it out for live work, so i need to mute these chans on the ketron to stop the other chans recieving spurious program changes etc.i've used sound canvas and korg M1 modules for years and am able to mute these easily internally, the ketron sounds way better so I would like to use this now...sorry 2 go on a bit....my head hurts now

#231185 - 04/08/08 03:10 PM Re: sd2 help(rikkisbears)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
I still haven't managed to get channels to mute on my sd2.
I got a couple of the other sysex messages working, but not the receiving of channels.

If I manage to work it out I'll let you know, as it would be a handy function for me also.
Have you tried the solton group??
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/solton/?yguid=69517899

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by getsmartnow:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#231186 - 06/06/08 06:26 PM Re: sd2 help(rikkisbears)
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
I'll give it a go here with my SD2 and report back the results found.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#231187 - 06/06/08 07:27 PM Re: sd2 help(rikkisbears)
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
There is a couple issues still pending over on the Ketron forum.
Looks like the guys at Ketron are of little help to us????

I'm not impressed...
I guess the owners of Ketron must be independently wealthy and don't care if they sell these things or not.

AJ is the guy Ketron USA that is supposed to be the tech. Rarely do we see him be very timely if at all.

Lucky we have all these smart folks here to help each other out.

I heard the sounds ae great on the SD2 ( SD4 is commig in July) so I may still get one.

My concern is if there is a bug in the OS...how do we get Ketron to fix it in a timely manner?

By the way when working with MIDI... MIDIOX is a free PC utility that is very helpfull for testing/trying things MIDI.

I do a fair amout of heavy MIDI stuff...wish I had a SD2, I would try to help out here.

Oh, also I thought I was told that to select any voice on the SD2, all you need to do is MIDI Bank/Program change??? True?

Thanks,

Lee

#231188 - 06/07/08 02:52 AM Re: sd2 help(rikkisbears)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Mac,
that would be brilliant.
Luv to know if it's just me, (not too cluey on sysex, hex codes etc) or whether it is a bug.
With my Korg PA800 as controller , the setup works perfectly, I don't need to worry about muting channels, i set the channels the sd2 receives via the korg, but with the psr as controller, it doesn't have the same midi functions as the korg, and being able to mute , or set sd2 to receive on certain channels would be so handy.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by --Mac:
I'll give it a go here with my SD2 and report back the results found.

--Mac

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#231189 - 06/07/08 03:04 AM Re: sd2 help(rikkisbears)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Lee,
unfortunately help isn't all that readily available. Ketron manuals aren't that easy to make sense of either.
Might be worth waiting round for the sd4,especially if it has a screen & buttons??
For use with a pc the sd2 is fine, but for use as a soundmodule midied to a keyboard,
with a korg PA800/PA2x it's okay, but not too good with my sd1 or Psr.

Sounds are selected by Bank & program changes & the Korg is capable of sending them.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by leeboy:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#231190 - 06/07/08 06:10 AM Re: sd2 help(rikkisbears)
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I use the SD2 with an Axiom 61, or Roland Edirol PC 80 controller KB. A simple bank and program change brings up any voice. However, when I try and use my Muse Receptor with the SD2, I can't get the SD2 to mute, except turning it off. I, also, find it good with a pc, as a multitimbral module.
Bernie

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online