SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#231148 - 04/06/08 06:04 PM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
John DiLeo Offline

Was Fran's song a SMF & arranger played on top? Or a Roland Style?

#231149 - 04/06/08 07:09 PM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Wow! This thread really took a left turn. From the post title I figgured Fran was looking for a gal with whips and chains, but it turned out that he wanted more torture than the gals could offer. He sure got it! Instead of the gals he got Diki, Chas and Ian--poor guy never knew what hit him.

Cheers,

Gary

Hmmm, Diki, chas and Ian, eh. Well, I'm relieved to see that Donny is completely innocent and blameless in this illegal 'left turn'. Let's see now, was it when I gave what I thought was an honest and civil critique, meant and delivered in a constructive way. Further, Fran never once gave any indication that he was unhappy with the critique, and may have even found some value in it (or not). Of course, anything other than "Great job, Fran" or one of it's many and totally worthless permutations (in terms of educational value) will immediately bring forth his protector and chief booster, the 'king' of amateur hour, the 'meat' in this meat and potatoes world. Nigel has stated clearly and repeatedly that this board is about education and tech tips and synths and arrangers and how we use them, and oh yeah, friendships; NOT ABOUT PLAYING ABILITY. Seems some folks can't seem to wrap their heads around that. For those that choose to post their music, that is their right (and their peril), but it is certainly not a stated requirement to participate on this board. Despite repeated attempts to goad, cajole, bully, and intimidate other members into posting against their will (despite warnings by Nigel), you (Gary) still fail to see Donny's participation in any of this. As far as I'm concerned, this says as much about you as it does him.

I didn't want to continue down this road, but when you try to slip something like this in under cover of a smiley face, it just didn't seem right to let it pass.

Happy sailing.

chas

#231150 - 04/06/08 07:48 PM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Lighten up Chas--just pokin' fun at ya! I pick on DNJ all the time, but mostly on the telephone or emails.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#231151 - 04/06/08 08:12 PM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Lighten up Chas--just pokin' fun at ya!
Cheers,
Gary

Gary ... I'm glad to read that, because I was taken back by your response ... I thought the comments on Fran's song were well delivered, and in a true sense of 'constructive criticism' ...
t.

#231152 - 04/07/08 04:40 AM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Hmmm, Diki, chas and Ian, eh. Well, I'm relieved to see that Donny is completely innocent and blameless in this illegal 'left turn'.

Well, at least I'm in good company.

I was wondering what happened to Donny...perhaps Gary didn't recognize the little clucker with his chicken hat on.

Consider this...what's worse than people talking about you?

People NOT talking about you.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-07-2008).]

#231153 - 04/07/08 06:15 AM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
John DiLeo Offline

I for one enjoy Dnj's posts. He seems to be a very knowledgeable musician willing to help all who ask. I have emailed him in the past & have always received a cordial response, phone call or answers to my 3k questions, or great Style files & SMF too.
I'm happy to have made a friend.

#231154 - 04/07/08 07:12 AM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

I actually enjoyed reading all the posts, and especially the one by Chas. His critique of the song was excellent and I highly respect his assesment of the song's structure. Like I said, just pokin' fun at him.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online