SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#230850 - 03/30/08 03:50 PM PSR 3K - backing up registrations saved on smart card
kkmusic2001 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Since I have owned my 3K I have over 200 registrations (one for each song) saved on my smart card. Recently I backed up all my registrations on a USB drive. To my surprize I found out that any registrations that referenced a style on my smart card did not remember the style although I copied all my user styles on my USB drive (under the same path).

The way I had things organized on my smart card was from root I have a folder named REGISTRATIONS where my registrations live and a folder called STYLES where all my user styles live. I have the same structure on my USB drive yet the registrations copied to the USB drive seem to have an absolute reference to STYLES on my smart card. So it will not pull up the right style unless my smart card is also plugged.

Obviously this does not make for a good backup if my smart card decides to die on my.

Is there any way I can make the references to styles in my registrations relative instead of absolute (without much work)? Otherwise I have to edit each of the 200 registrations and re-save them pointing to styles on the USB drive. That is too much work.

I'd appreciate advise from anyone who has done this kind of stuff. Is there a software that can do this bulk conversion for me?

[This message has been edited by kkmusic2001 (edited 03-30-2008).]

#230851 - 03/30/08 04:22 PM Re: PSR 3K - backing up registrations saved on smart card
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Post your question at www.psrtutorial.com. This question has been addressed in great detail dozens of times there and you will get an answer in very short order.

Hammer

#230852 - 03/31/08 07:28 AM Re: PSR 3K - backing up registrations saved on smart card
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just answered your question on PSR-Tutorial.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online