SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 17 of 20 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 >
Topic Options
#230378 - 04/04/08 12:16 PM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:

Now, if you seriously think all this bickering and bantering is going to make Yamaha, Korg, Roland, or any manufacturer of anything change is marketing approach you obviously still believe in the Tooth Fairy.
Cheers,
Gary

What are you saying ?!?!? ..... uh - OH NOOOOO!!!!!

t.

#230379 - 04/04/08 12:21 PM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
kalimero Offline

Loc: Dubrovnik, Croatia
Ian,

I am not trying to convince You, just debating about the subject, and explaining to You why I disagree with Your opinion, and why I think that Your explanations doesn't make sense.

I might be wrong, as well as You, or even both of us.

Just a little off-topic, I know it's totally different market (synth not arrangers) but I wonder why Bert (Yamaha demonstrator) always play on 76-keys synth in his demos. :-)

#230380 - 04/04/08 01:02 PM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
The PSR-9000 Pro didn't sell well.

No more risk taking until the market proves itself.

That's easy to understand, ain't it?

Ian

As has been said innumerable times, Ian (only YOU seem to not get this, or do you simply stick your fingers in your ears and go 'La la la laaa laaa' when an inconvenient FACT upsets your dogma?) the 9000Pro failed because it was a dog. It had NOTHING to do with the number of keys. It was simply a poorly conceived, badly executed, unfixed (at least Roland make good on poor initial OSs) embarrassment to the 'infallible' Yamaha.

I expect you are sweating bullets about Yamaha's future, just in case they make a poorly received 61. Apparently, that will 'prove' to Yamaha that they should never make 61's again, either!

Or MAYBE they'll simply go 'it failed because it was a dog, not because it has 61 keys'. You can only hope...

And, BTW, still no explanation from you as to how in the world the 'infallible' Yamaha could have a) produced such a dog, and b) got their market research SO wrong (if you assume that they have it right now).

It's always hard when we grow up and realize our heroes are simple mortals like the rest of us... They HAVE made mistakes in the past, therefore they CAN make mistakes now.

I rest my case.

#230381 - 04/04/08 01:05 PM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

I rest my case.

Perhaps one of the most erudite of comments on this, tapestry...it is no longer a thread!!

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 04-04-2008).]

#230382 - 04/04/08 01:11 PM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
It's always hard when we grow up and realize our heroes are simple mortals like the rest of us... They HAVE made mistakes in the past, therefore they CAN make mistakes now.

I rest my case.

Thanks Diki...I must admit I am fallible but it is still nice to know I'm still a hero in your eyes.

Thank you, thank you.

Ian the Simply Mortal

PS...BTW I appreciate all the attention, but you should be addressing your queries to Yamaha...not me.

I'm just a tiny spoke in a very big wheel.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-04-2008).]

#230383 - 04/04/08 02:09 PM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
PS...BTW I appreciate all the attention, but you should be addressing your queries to Yamaha...not me.

I'm just a tiny spoke in a very big wheel.
]

Well maybe if you didn't feel compelled to answer EVERY single post on the subject, and most of those NOT (with a Yamaha cheer or a Roland dig), we might get used to the fact that you are a VERY minor spoke (but NO spokesman ) in an enormous wheel, and have little of any REAL knowledge to impart.

And, although it SEEMS like we are talking to you, what we are REALLY hoping for is someone at Yamaha with maybe a trace, a smidgeon, one iota of influence (unlike yourself) to read this and realize the demand for the product exists.

In fact, why don't you rest YOUR case, having made it's point (none, other than Yamaha can do no wrong) and let those who actually CARE about this get on with it.

I am sure Yamaha are big enough to not need little Ian's defense for a while, don't you?

#230384 - 04/04/08 02:17 PM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Let's keep the poll clean(ish!)...

76 vs. 61 poll discussion HERE.

Where did this all go wrong?

#230385 - 04/04/08 02:23 PM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

In fact, why don't you rest YOUR case, having made it's point (none, other than Yamaha can do no wrong) and let those who actually CARE about this get on with it.

No, Diki, I won't rest my case.

Who do you think you are telling me what to do?

I have not finished with this discussion, although your statement, "I rest my case" implies that you have....so honor your words...you haven't yet made a valid point so you may as well.

Too bad you hadn't studied marketing instead of majoring in arrogance and ignorance.

Ian

#230386 - 04/04/08 02:29 PM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Where did this all go wrong?

Well Donny, Diki can't abide by his own rules...I'm not surprised in the least.

As soon as someone makes more sense than he does...the dirt starts to fly.

Pretty juvenile.

Ian

#230387 - 04/04/08 03:04 PM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
Diki Offline

Ian, you haven't MADE a case to rest...

You keep coming up with hypotheses that are demonstrably false, and blather on incessantly about Yamaha's infallibility, rather than coming up with some concrete facts. You NEVER refute anything with anything other than 'Yamaha don't do it (right now, though), so it MUST be right', and bleat scorn at those who DO back up their arguments with facts.

Yamaha DID make a 76, so there goes the 'no market' argument. Refute THAT with some FACTS, not 'faith'. Damn, it's like talking to a religious fundamentalist. 'Yamaha/God is ALWAYS right, so anything inconsistent should just get ignored.' 'Yamaha/God is always right' 'Four legs good... Two legs bad' 'Four legs good, two legs baaaaa-d'

But you know what's REALLY getting my goat? Ian does not want a 76 S900, doesn't care one way or the other if Yamaha made one, will support it FANATICALLY if they do, and is taking this stand out of no desire other than throwing sand in the vaseline. He doesn't actually have a point (other than 'Four legs good, two legs baaaaa-d!), but will defend the lack of it for as long as we are willing to humor him.

My sense of humor has run out. Snappy little one liners don't prove a thing. FACTS do. Of which he has NONE... Just snippy little digs that don't hold any creditability, because he has already given away the fact that he is completely uncritical when it comes to Yamaha. They can do no wrong...

You've got to question the sanity of someone that will take something this far, when he has absolutely nothing of any personal interest in the topic. Don't want a 76, Ian? Then what are you doing posting here? Does our need for one trouble you? Do you toss and turn at night thinking about us poor lost souls who can't be satisfied with the scraps Yamaha throw us? No... you don't give a damn one way or the other. So why this post-fest? Don't you have a long line of customers to demo and sell to?

In Yamaha we Trust... (there's a post opening up in Bush's cabinet for someone as uncritical as you, Ian!)

Page 17 of 20 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online