SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#229756 - 03/23/08 12:42 PM Re: Latest information on Ketron Audya?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
No Diki . I am grateful that you are flagging up these potential issues and i have no problem with a wait and see policy. I am in no rush to buy another keyboard. I dont chase technology. When i have become a better musician and have mastered the keyboard i have right now , i might entertain buying another keyboard. If i were to buy this instrument or any keyboard I wont buy the instrument unless i can demo it just like any other keyboard i have ever purchase. But from the demos online, there doesnt seem to be any problem with how the chord recognition works so far , there doesnt seem to be a problem with the lateness of the chord being played in real time. The demos have been quite limited at the moment so i cant sing the instruments praises or critiscise the instrument to death . Like i said i will wait and see.

#229757 - 03/23/08 12:42 PM Re: Latest information on Ketron Audya?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
No Diki . I am grateful that you are flagging up these potential issues and i have no problem with a wait and see policy. I am in no rush to buy another keyboard. I dont chase technology. When i have become a better musician and have mastered the keyboard i have right now , i might entertain buying another keyboard. If i were to buy this instrument or any keyboard I wont buy the instrument unless i can demo it just like any other keyboard i have ever purchase. But from the demos online, there doesnt seem to be any problem with how the chord recognition works so far , there doesnt seem to be a problem with the lateness of the chord being played in real time. The demos have been quite limited at the moment so i cant sing the instruments praises or critiscise the instrument to death . Like i said i will wait and see.

#229758 - 03/23/08 03:57 PM Re: Latest information on Ketron Audya?
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
This has not to do with this discussion really. But maybe someone of you can tell me how much do you actually see of the Audya in the video demos?
I am visually impaired and have only listened to the demos. From what I understand it features sliders and physical buttons, not a touch screen wich is a big problem for us. Does it look professional?
The demos sounds very good, but I would like to hear some more styles and if it actually sounds that good. Many thanks for any info!
Christian

#229759 - 03/26/08 04:46 AM Re: Latest information on Ketron Audya?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Diki,
I agree with Spalding and with you, in that you carefully express your educated (and thus, inquiring) opinion, and care about what will happen. And of course you are not raining in anyone's parade. Educated opinions and inquiring minds like yours is the reason I log on the SZ.

If the new super styles on the Audya are very heavily reliant on the new looped guitar parts, they will (as you predict) be a disaster. Like having a band with some mediocre musicians and a guitar wizard that attracts the crowds. Once he leaves the band, they rest will roll into oblivion.

On the other hand, if Ketron programs their styles thoughtfully, and restrain themselves from showing off, the super-duper guitar part will not outshine the rest of the instruments, and the result will be more balanced and player friendly than the one you envision (a few super styles and a lot more "normal sounding").

We are all waiting... for the Audya.

PS, no matter what, I am NOT going to get an Audya anyway. My use of an arranger at home does not justify anything over S900, and even that is maybe too expensive.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online