SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#229671 - 03/21/08 08:11 PM Re: NEW ROLAND TOTL ARRANGER
Dnj Offline

Maybe Yamaha knows more then we do?......
A few SZ members that want a 76 key arranger is not a mind staggering call for a 76/88 unit....I am sure a mega million dollar giant manufacturer like Yamaha has research under control versus a few dream list crystal ball hopefuls & for sure they have their act together knowing what right for their market productivity......if some people dont agree they have a few other choices & avenues they can take but dont be fooled it wont affect Yamaha in any way shape or form Worldwide.

#229672 - 03/21/08 08:31 PM Re: NEW ROLAND TOTL ARRANGER
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Either we ARE representative of the English speaking arranger user, or we are NOT....

What is it? Because the calls for a 76 Yamaha FAR exceed what apparently OUGHT to be called for, because according to Ian, NO-ONE wants a 76 Yamaha (or not enough to make one, unlike everyone else).

The hubris of it! Basically, Ian (and Yamaha, by omission) are saying no-one needs a 76. 61 note-ers ONLY... It's good enough for him, and by golly, it ought to be good enough for us! How dare we even IMPLY that they might be wrong. They sell most of the 61-ers. That SURELY implies god-like powers of deduction... Hell, maybe we should ask them about a solution in the Middle East, seeing as they know everything!

Or is it that they are SO corporately inflexible, they can't bring themselves to do ANYTHING that might be 'outside the box' just in case it's as big a disaster as the 9000Pro (where was Yamaha's god-like powers there? ).

The fact that Yamaha dominate in ONE area of the arranger market does NOT mean that all their other decisions MUST be correct. They have a long litany of failures in other areas to prove that. It simply means that that ONE decision (to make a great 61) is a good one. As making a great 76 would be as well.

I hope, at least, that none of US think that, if we get ONE thing right, that OBVIOUSLY makes us right in all our other decisions too...

#229673 - 03/21/08 08:52 PM Re: NEW ROLAND TOTL ARRANGER
Dnj Offline

Diki if I may ask you.....without Hubris of course
What would it take for you to jump ship & come over to Yamaha in the future?

#229674 - 03/21/08 09:02 PM Re: NEW ROLAND TOTL ARRANGER
Diki Offline

76 notes, a punchier set of drums, better MIDI flexibility (to talk to my Roland!) and a Chord Sequencer...

OK, OK, just the Chord Sequencer!

#229675 - 03/21/08 09:43 PM Re: NEW ROLAND TOTL ARRANGER
Dnj Offline

And please bring back a "Black" arranger...
I still say the Roland G1000 was the best looking Arranger KB ever made aside from many great features

#229676 - 03/22/08 01:30 AM Re: NEW ROLAND TOTL ARRANGER
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
76 notes, a punchier set of drums, better MIDI flexibility (to talk to my Roland!) and a Chord Sequencer...

OK, OK, just the Chord Sequencer!

Diki, what you mean for the Chord Sequencer feature?
You mean some like my qranger seq: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/qrangerpic/qranger%207.jpg
or some else?

Ian
We really don't care at all to dominate nothing.
But the coming soon new MS 2008 HDMI included the X-61, Desktop version with OS 2.5 at very LOW price, ( less than you can think) will create some trouble to the other brand..
i'm working right now in this new case models and need just a couple of months for release it.
enjoy what you play.

#229677 - 03/22/08 03:57 AM Re: NEW ROLAND TOTL ARRANGER
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Either we ARE representative of the English speaking arranger user, or we are NOT....

No we are not, Diki...SZ is a poor representative of the arranger market.

AND...please don't put words in my mouth...that just makes you look like a sphincter.

If you want to quote me, there is a icon above my posts that you can click on.

Bending my words to try and prove one of your murky points was something I thought was beneath a person of your wit and charm...sadly, I believe I was mistaken.(sigh)

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 03-22-2008).]

#229678 - 03/22/08 04:03 PM Re: NEW ROLAND TOTL ARRANGER
Diki Offline

Ian, I don't need any reason to bend your words. This is the gist of your apologia for Yamaha's dismissal of legitimate customer needs. In fact, it is your general mantra when ANYTHING negative is said about Yamaha.

They are the market leader, so why should ANY notice be taken of our needs? You PREFER the shitty action of the S900, and Yamaha see no need to change it, so the numerous post about this issue MUST be mistaken. And so on, and so forth.

The OBVIOUS fact you continue to disregard is that Yamaha will STILL be the market leader, should they decide to improve the PSR action, make an inexpensive 76, or add a decent harmonizer to the line. It's not like any of these things will cause a LOSS of revenue. Far from it. But inertia makes them slow to respond (this is an ENORMOUS corporation compared to Roland or Korg), but your constant mantra is, this is all part of some magnificent design, rather than what is obvious to the rest of us... This is a corporation that JUST DOESN'T CARE. "We're #1, why should we improve?"

You have, in the past, mentioned things that you would like to see changed, yourself. Do you hold as low an opinion of you OWN needs when ignored by Yamaha?

Or, perhaps, does it rankle just a LITTLE bit...?

Join the club, mate...

#229679 - 03/22/08 06:02 PM Re: NEW ROLAND TOTL ARRANGER
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I don't know Diki...it seems like I'm content with what I use...and you're not.

Try and find some sort of contentment, my friend...and thank you for not bending my words.

Remember...criticism is the unconscious tribute mediocrity pays to success.

Keep up the great work and good luck with your mission.

Ian

#229680 - 03/22/08 06:15 PM Re: NEW ROLAND TOTL ARRANGER
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
[B]
But the coming soon new MS 2008 HDMI included the X-61, Desktop version with OS 2.5 at very LOW price, ( less than you can think) will create some trouble to the other brand..
i'm working right now in this new case models and need just a couple of months for release it.
B]

Now this New Model MS sounds exciting I Cant wait!!! Please keep us posted with info, demos , etc etc

Thank you

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online