SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15 >
Topic Options
#229433 - 03/20/08 04:38 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
to the genesys Offline

So other than one manufacturer saying that the market wants 61 keys more than 76 keys, there is no “official” or “real” or “actual” proof or evidence to validate that claim.

Yamaha refuses to listen to its customers and make a 76 TOTL arranger. To support their refusal to carry out the wishes of their customers, they say 76 key Yamaha TOTL arrangers don’t sell that well. And they further state that 61 key TOTL Yamaha arrangers sell better than 76 key Yamaha arrangers.

That argument is just completely wrong and ridiculous. Because Yamaha has nothing to compare. Since they only have a 61 TOTL arranger, then what ever sales they have would only reflect for a 61 key arranger. Also, they can not compare 61 key TOT Yamaha arranger with a TOTL 76 key Yamaha arranger because they do not make a TOTL 76 key arranger.

Thank goodness for other brands that listen to their customers.

#229434 - 03/20/08 05:13 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
So other than one manufacturer saying that the market wants 61 keys more than 76 keys, there is no “official” or “real” or “actual” proof or evidence to validate that claim.

What can be more "official" than the information provided by music dealers and customer surveys?

Do you think these big companies need to prove anything to you?

Ian

#229435 - 03/20/08 05:17 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Of course Yamaha listens to their customers. thats exactly why they are market leaders in this product class. They dont make 76 Keyboard size arrangers because it is a niche market and one they dont want to play in. If they could make the profits from this market that they could in the 61 key market they would produce 76 key arrangers .

They are not stupid or stubborn. They are customer focused. They know who their core customers are . You may not be their core customer customer . Yamaha knows that there are some potential customers that they will lose because they dont offer a 76 key version of the tyros but thats a calulated loss. They are focused on the core purchasers that are fine with 61 keys and who are likely to switch brands if the board is made any bigger. There is no point in offering all sizes to everyone because there has to be big enough profit margins from each of the markets . Clearly there is not enough in it for Yamaha or they would most certainly make them.

#229436 - 03/20/08 05:22 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
Of course Yamaha listens to their customers. thats exactly why they are market leaders in this product class. They dont make 76 Keyboard size arrangers because it is a niche market and one they dont want to play in. If they could make the profits from this market that they could in the 61 key market they would produce 76 key arrangers .

They are not stupid or stubborn. They are customer focused. They know who their core customers are . You may not be their core customer customer . Yamaha knows that there are some potential customers that they will lose because they dont offer a 76 key version of the tyros but thats a calulated loss. They are focused on the core purchasers that are fine with 61 keys and who are likely to switch brands if the board is made any bigger. There is no point in offering all sizes to everyone because there has to be big enough profit margins from each of the markets . Clearly there is not enough in it for Yamaha or they would most certainly make them.

Very well put, Spalding. Wish I had your way with words.

Ian

#229437 - 03/20/08 05:40 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I think it's outrageous to make these claims without bonified statistics to back it up.

I can't imagine going back to a 61 key keyboard unless it's a top of rack board used just for sounds and samples, not piano or arranger playing.

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Good post Bill...the demand for 76 notes is very small for TOTL arrangers according to Yamaha's marketing research...

Ian

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 03-20-2008).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#229438 - 03/20/08 05:44 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Donny, where do you get that assumption??? I am defending the fact that more people want 76 keys than 61 and Yamaha's refusal to create a 76 key arranger is irrational.

I'm loving my 76 key Pa2xpro

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Al sounds like your not happy with your 76 key Korg?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#229439 - 03/20/08 05:52 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
personally I wish they'd give us an arranger modules instead. Obviously not popular either, though I luved my Korg i5m & Roland RA's. I used to have them midied to my acoustic midi piano ( Disklavier). Unfortunately not the perfect controller unless one luved piano. haahaa.
Nowadays though, there's so many controller options.
best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#229440 - 03/20/08 05:53 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
76 keys for me
76 keys for me........................
Lovin' the Pa2xPro, I'd consider the new Tyros but not with 61 keys, been there done that!!

#229441 - 03/20/08 05:54 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I think it's outrageous to make these claims without bonified statistics to back it up.

I repeat...Do you think these big companies need to prove anything to you?

Ian

#229442 - 03/20/08 05:57 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Donny, where do you get that assumption??? I am defending the fact that more people want 76 keys than 61 and Yamaha's refusal to create a 76 key arranger is irrational.

I'd suggest reading Spalding's post again...he is right on target.

Ian

Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online