SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >
Topic Options
#229473 - 03/22/08 07:33 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
Dnj Offline

"HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS!! GET READY FOR THE NEW YAMAHA TYROS 3.

Due to be launched in October 2008.

This is not just a model number change from Tyros 1 to Tyros 2 and now to Tyros 3. Yamaha have re-designed this keyboard from inside to out. This is not just a re-boxed Tyros 2!!

Tyros 3 is a whole new ball game, Tyros 3 has grown up! If you thought the jump from Tyros 1 to Tyros 2 was big then this is one small step for man but one giant leap for technology!!

Bonners welcome your part exchanges, please call and speak to our Tyros3 experts. We have seen Tyros 3 and can talk you through the changes.

Pre order yours NOW. As always, first come - first served, and numbers will be limited.

£200 deposit secures your Tyros 3 from the first UK stock shipment. Remaining balance can be paid the day before delivery to you. You may also wish to take advantage of our 0% finance deals on this instrument.

Price shown is estimated only and is subject to change.

To get your hands on one of these AWESOME keyboards - the Yamaha TYROS-3, call us today on 01323 639335."

#229474 - 03/22/08 07:54 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
This is just silly Diki. I just gave an explanation for the business reasons yamaha dont see the sense in making a 76 key arranger. Ian works for the company (at an arms length ) and understands exactly the very clear business reasons yamaha dont want a small peice of the very small 76 key market arranger pie. Just let it go . You have roland to turn to, ketron to turn to and korg if you insist on a 76 key arranger. If yamaha see enough customers leave in their droves to snap up 76 key arrangers instead of the very successful 61 key version they will reconsider their strategy i have no doubt. Yamaha will not cut off their nose to spite their face !!

But right now yamaha have the most successful line of arranger keyboard in the market and have done so ever since i can remember and they have always been 61 key versions. They are evidence that they are doing something very right and the proof is that their customers year after year by their products in numbers bigger than their competitors and i dare say yamaha are making a lot of money from all these transactions. They no what they do well and continue to do it. Anyone that has ever run a business knows that you dont mess with a winning formula.

Spalding, critics like Diki are slow to catch on to things outside their sphere of influence.

Constant criticism of Yamaha is no more effective that the very same stuff being leveled at Roland on Roland Arranger.com

But if there is anything critics like to hear, it is the sound of their own voice...how many posts will it take before the thirst is slaked?

I always say, "if you can't bite...don't growl"

Ian

#229475 - 03/22/08 08:27 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Well , I for one happen to like Yamaha , even the ones with rubber buttons !!

However , I do remain open to other arrangers that might come out or ones that are already out.

Right now I NEED more info about the T-3 before I can make my move !!

Later,
Gary 

PS:

Please try to remember that today is but a day ,
tomorrow has not arrived.

in omnia paratus

[This message has been edited by jedi (edited 03-22-2008).]

[This message has been edited by jedi (edited 03-22-2008).]

#229476 - 03/22/08 08:33 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:

Please try to remember that today is but a day ,
tomorrow has not arrived.

in omani paratus

Yes Gary...and today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

#229477 - 03/22/08 08:33 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
To be honest, whether it is criticism or glowing praise, I see no difference here at SZ. We ALL like the sound of our own voices

Just a quick question... Is your faith in the infallibility of large successful corporations exclusive to Yamaha, or is ANY corporation at the top of the heap ALWAYS right? Is market dominance the bellwether of success, or is there any other criteria? Like corporate responsibility, customer responsiveness, corporate citizenship?

Because, in that case, Halliburton must be the paragons of virtue, Enron the sacrificial lambs of critics like myself. If success is the ONLY thing, why even bring out a T3? The T2 is still the market leader, without a single flaw (that anyone should care about). The PSR S900 is the market leader. It MUST therefore be perfect. No competition (how DARE we imply that the market leader could possibly even HAVE competition?) means no need for improvement. Whatever YOU think imperfect, Ian (for instance, the angle of the screen) should NOT be corrected, for fear of messing with perfection. So, why an S990? Why screw with perfection?

Being market leader means NOTHING more than being market leader. If mediocre products dominate the market, then mediocrity MUST be the best thing. It only stands to reason...

No offense, guys, but I prefer my arranger with ALL it's flaws to your 'perfection'. And so do enough people to keep two other major corporations and several small businesses afloat. Or maybe that 'perfection' is simply in your minds? Personally, I think anyone today THAT uncritical of ANY large corporation partially responsible for the mess we are currently in. Abrogate criticism, and you see what they do with it... More expensive products, made as cheap as Indonesian and Chinese slave labor can make them sold to cattle with ZERO impact on the decisions of how to make them... While the new 'royalty' of corporate officers glide gently to ground on their golden parachutes while the stockholders wonder where the dividends went, as the market dwindles due to to lack of responsiveness.

Moooooo! Baaaaaa! This way to the abattoir....

#229478 - 03/22/08 08:39 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
jedi Offline

So true Ian , but is is a perpetual wonderment to behold !!

Or at least it should be !!

Later my friend ,

Gary 

#229479 - 03/22/08 08:44 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
Dnj Offline

Im hoping that the new Tyros 3 has RUBBER buttons instead of those Big Clumsy ones on T2....I kinda like the feel of them on the S900....makes a nice tacky feel for split second changes!

#229480 - 03/22/08 08:44 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Still thirsty?

#229481 - 03/22/08 08:49 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
jedi Offline

YES !

Donny , how could you !!

#229482 - 03/22/08 08:50 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
Dnj Offline

Ian.....I make it work for me.....
I dont love it as of now.....I hope it will get better in future models....I have stated my needs VH/MFD is all I need.

Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online