SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#229264 - 03/15/08 10:54 PM Re: Agree to disagree? Not likely.
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I have to strongly disagree (Couldn't resist.)

I'm not sure why people get upset when somebody 'bashes' their keyboard. As long as its not personal or racist, I think that we should be adult enough to be able to hear somebody strongly disagree with our convictions. The one thing I can't stand is reading the disclaimer that many people attach to their posts "This is just my personal opinion; everyone is free to disagree."

Are we in kindergarten? Of course its just your opinion, and of course everyone has the right to disagree, and of course I don't think that you are less of a human being for it.

I dunno, it seems that people take their keyboards a little too seriously. I think I'm going to publish an insulting cartoon of the Korg Pa1x and publish it in a Danish newspaper. Let's see what happens! Go Yamaha!

(Note to Yamaha: you're next if you don't fix the drums in the next Tyros.)

Chony

#229265 - 03/15/08 11:44 PM Re: Agree to disagree? Not likely.
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Not that it matters, since you guys obviously got the idea, but I did make one glaring omission when identifying the 'camps', and that, of course, is the semi-pro, aka the 'week-end warrior'. In fact, this group probably comprises the largest segment of keyboard purchasers. Additionally, they have needs that may be different from either the home player or the full-time pro. Didn't want to leave out this very important group. BTW, I'm guessing that this group is made up of younger adults, trying to make it to where most of us are now.....has-beens.

chas

#229266 - 03/16/08 06:17 AM Re: Agree to disagree? Not likely.
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I agree, each one of those groups could be broken down into sub groups depending on how specific you want to get.

"I'm not sure why people get upset when somebody 'bashes' their keyboard."
It really is not about the keyboard, some people put their self esteem and self worth into their opinions.
Such as "I'm more of a pro than you so you should follow my lead because my opinion matters more than yours."
I mean really go back and look at the arguments and they all break down into one form of I'm more of a pro than you. I get paid so well, I work so much, I don't hafta work work so much, those are all the things we use to "zing" each other.
In my "PRO" opinion..........

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online