SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#229159 - 03/20/08 08:08 AM Re: Audya video
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I think creating sounds is one thing, but what I get from most of diki's post, is questioning how the arrangements/styles/patterns will work with the technology of Audya.

So my point is, why would a manufacturer make a product, if the styles etc.. do not sound musically correct.

------------------
http://www.esnips.com/web/Songs

#229160 - 03/20/08 08:18 AM Re: Audya video
Dnj Offline

Also, will there be an Extensive DVD INSTRUCTIONAL series to TEACH players HOW TO operate & utilize all these new features so that they will be able to implement them correctly.....
Knowledge = Purchasing/playing/enjoying a unit.

Without this people will merely scratch their heads & either not buy or say why did I buy this thing & sell it asap.

#229161 - 03/20/08 09:07 AM Re: Audya video
DanO1 Offline

I don't think navigation will change from what is currently on the market.

As Don M says.. If the keyboard doesn't sound good, who cares ?

I'm going to judge the sound, before I worry about anything else.

#229162 - 03/20/08 09:29 AM Re: Audya video
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
The Audya sounds simply wonderful. Thank you for posting that link Domenik!

The Audya almost has me convinced. Two things I am most concerned about when watching the video is the demonstrator is really pushing the buttons an awful lot and it detracts from his presentation. If a person is preoccupied with busily pushing buttons on the Audya it would also detract from a live performance of the person playing the Audya in a live setting in my opinion. I found myself fixated on that guy pushing buttons instead of honing in on the sounds and ambience of the music he was playing. Maybe he was new to the Audya's OS and also possibly not real familiar with the button layout. His playing was outstanding though and in the end that was what put the overall demonstration in a positive light. The sounds that he showcased were fabulous and the icing on the cake is that the Audya has 76 keys. He apparently was not using any foot pedals to engage fills, breaks, variation changes or DSP modulation, etc., so if that was the case I could then see why he was pushing so many buttons during his playing. That and his possbible unfamiliarity with the OS and button layout, etc.

Another thing that has me a bit tempered in my enthusiasm is the vocalizer. In his demonstration of the Britney Spears song he replaced Spears voice with his own; yet to sound like a girl's voice. It didn't sound too bad but he kept turning his head away from the mic so it really didn't give me a very good indication of the quality (or lack thereof) of the vocalizer. I know the first video demo of the Audya's vocalizer at last years Musikmesse sounded rather poor in my opinion and more like a vocoder than a vocalizer and even though this one sounded better I am nevertheless still hesitant about the true nature and quality of the Audya's vocalizer and if it will indeed pass muster and be comparable to the TC Helicon vocalizers on the Korg arrangers or possibly even better. Or will it sound more like a vocoder instead.

When the demonstrator talked about hooking up external hard drives to the Audya's USB interface it further confirms in my mind that the Audya will have USB 2.0 upon release.

But if a person is judging the Audya from just the sounds of the keyboard alone then I for one have to give it a resounding thumbs It will be very hard, in my opinion, for Yamaha to come even close to the sound quality of the Audya especially when you consider the audio loop aspect of the Audya. It puts the Audya in a class by itself in my opinion. In both sound quality and in its innovation with its ground breaking technology for a keyboard product it puts the Audya at the head of the pack and the other manufacturers having to scramble to play catch up. I can imagine Yamaha's mouth gaping wide open in awe and amazement at Ketrons accomplishment. As well as Roland, Korg and all the others too. Bravo Ketron! Bravissimo!!

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 03-20-2008).]

#229163 - 03/20/08 09:40 AM Re: Audya video
DanO1 Offline

Hi Mike...

Go to my website and listen to a few songs.
All harmony's you hear, were using the SD1 harmonizer.

------------------
http://www.esnips.com/web/Songs

#229164 - 03/21/08 08:49 AM Re: Audya video
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
In both sound quality and in its innovation with its ground breaking technology for a keyboard product it puts the Audya at the head of the pack and the other manufacturers having to scramble to play catch up. I can imagine Yamaha's mouth gaping wide open in awe and amazement at Ketrons accomplishment. As well as Roland, Korg and all the others too. Bravo Ketron! Bravissimo!!

Mike I dont think Yamaha or anyone else is amazed by Audya at all....I think you better take a deep breath and sit back until it is released tested and proven to be a winner.....Ketron has been on the catchup path all this time vs the BIG GUNS Like Yamaha .....I dont think that's going to change anytime soon.....I for one am still not Impressed with any of the Audya demos I have watched, more needs to be explained & demonstrated & tested on these prototypes. What you describe in watching the demonstrator doing with all the buttons settings will be a deterrent for many WHILE PLAYING for sure.....the more things you have to utilize in real-time is always a hindrance in performance.....more buttons, settings, pedals, charts, make for more things to adjust, tweak, change, while you play....seamless interaction becomes a more difficult interaction couple that with the lack of instructional DVDs & operational knowledge will surly have these Audya on eBay soon after purchase....but what do I know

#229165 - 03/22/08 11:37 AM Re: Audya video
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Ketron Audya to showcase at Pakefield Keyboard Festival

Bill

#229166 - 03/22/08 04:25 PM Re: Audya video
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bill,
when's that??

Hopefully one day they'll have a downloadable manual.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Ketron Audya to showcase at Pakefield Keyboard Festival

Bill

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#229167 - 03/23/08 03:17 AM Re: Audya video
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK