Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Yeah, Donny... That bouncing back and forth to the pitch-bend lever is EXACTLY why I am constantly bitching about the Chord Sequencer...

Doing it right, inflecting JUST like the real thing, involves scooping, bending, 'doit'-ing, just plain wailing, at times when the SOLO needs it (or horn section, or pedal steel, or...), NOT when the chords can spare you. If you think about it, most songs (obviously not all, but a large majority can be performed this way) you play an Intro, you sing a verse and a chorus (or a head), then, either after a bridge or straight away, you repeat said verse and chorus (or head!). Now think about that... you already played the chords once. Why waste a whole hand, doing the same damn thing?

The chord Sequencer would then let you blow a solo across the backing, while you STILL control the Var and Fill (with your feet!), and use the bender, use two handed piano, play another instrument entirely, and go back to controlling the arranger any time you want...

I don't get it... It is the ULTIMATE arranger player's tool. Interactive, never the same twice, seamless with regular arranger playing, and totally hands-free for whatever you want, for as long as you want...

Who WOULDN'T want one of those?

Diki you are absolutely right....I remember on my G1000 when I first tried the CS & said to myself Hmmmmmm? what a kool feature, I remember asking Fran how to use it effectively being it was foreign to me on any other arranger I ever owned...it is truly amazing that Roland omitted this in the G70 unit. Lets just hope it is reinstated or possible improved in another form in future Roland units...I for one am waiting patiently for the next Roland arranger for sure!