SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#228 - 03/14/03 04:59 PM Roland MC-505 with Cubase SX midi linking problem/question
simonp Offline

Loc: USA
Greetings all,
My friend and I have just recently linked up his PC running Cubase SX with my Roland MC-505 via a midi cable, where the 505 is slaved to the time clock sync message and start/stop command being generated from the software. However, when we’re playing a track that’s been sequenced in the 505 along with some sound/percussion plug-ins from Reason or Reaktor through Cubase, occasionally we’ll get a message on the 505 that reads “CAUTION! Midi Buffer Full!” When this occurs, either the 505 will not play one of its own sound tones that’s been
sequenced on a part, or it will get out of sync with the PC time clock, or it will stop from playing the pattern/track altogether while the sounds from the PC continue playing on. All we’d like to do is to transmit a clock sync and start/stop message from the PC that’s running Cubase to the 505 and nothing else. Is there some sort of setting or settings in the Cubase software that’ll allow us to do just this without sending any of the other system exclusive information through the midi cable to the MC-505? We can’t seem to figure out what’s wrong since we’re both still kind of new at the whole software and hardware midi-linking thing. We’ve tried things like turning off the Midi-Thru settings on both the 505 and Cubase, but without any luck so far. Any help on this frustrating matter would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
SiP

#229 - 03/14/03 10:25 PM Re: Roland MC-505 with Cubase SX midi linking problem/question
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I use MAC but Cubase works the same on both platforms . You sould go to the preferances and then to midi and shut off things like controller data chase , note chase , and just have it just send midi time code and clock .

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online