SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#228676 - 03/06/08 12:37 AM Why are you snotty
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Well it's been 5 years now that I've been posting on sythzone.. I must say it's been fun.. The thing that gets me now is that for the past 3 years at least "I get it".. I get song creation and mixing recording.. However the start was a bit rough 5 years ago here at the zone, A lot of bashing I still to this day get worked up over it.. But hey, i've got 50+ tunes..

If you have the time take a listen all these tunes where created and original songs on my yammie arranger, I have 29 here.. http://chipos.com
Thanks Guys!

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 03-06-2008).]

#228677 - 03/06/08 08:02 AM Re: Why are you snotty
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Nice stuff, is that your vocal?

Are they published?

I don't understand who would be saying stuff about your material in a bad light, maybe just constructive criticism that came out bad?

Good work, which yammie did which songs?

#228678 - 03/06/08 08:20 AM Re: Why are you snotty
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hey Beachbum ...

I'm with you.. Great timing on this thread ..

I posted a song here on synthzone and not one comment. Maybe the song sucked and nobody wants to tell me so, is what I wonder

Your music is excellent. Great Job .

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 03-06-2008).]

#228679 - 03/06/08 08:20 AM Re: Why are you snotty
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Thanks Frankie,
Yes they are all published, original tunes by me on my yammie 2000, then 3000 then 900, however, I had some guest guitar players on a few of them.. Boy, I need to get over them olden days here at the zone!

Thanks..

#228680 - 03/06/08 08:43 AM Re: Why are you snotty
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
BB, some people are just Bashers, and you will find which opinions to value and which to disregard.
I've always enjoyed your music. I don't have time to participate in the negativity.
Thanks for posting.
DonM

#228681 - 03/06/08 09:05 AM Re: Why are you snotty
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I don't mean this as a negative, but, I don't think that there is an OBLIGATION on the part of SZ members to respond to unsolicited posted music. I wouldn't read too much into a non-response. It could mean that it just didn't generate enough interest, positive or negative, for someone to (symbolicly) pick up pen and paper and respond; or it could mean........ok, I don't know what else it could mean.

Usually, if it's good, lot's of people will let you know that; if it's not so good, well, we've got lots of 'Paula Abduls' who will praise it, no matter what it sounds like. Very few here will outright bash it. So what does that mean, in terms of the value of a response? Not much. If you want honest (and therefore, more valuable) feedback on your music and your original compositions in particular, I would think that a songwriting forum or even a (home) recording forum, would be a better bet. JMO.

chas

#228682 - 03/06/08 09:32 AM Re: Why are you snotty
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Usually, if it's good, lot's of people will let you know that; if it's not so good, well, we've got lots of 'Paula Abduls' who will praise it, no matter what it sounds like ....

Chaz,

I am guilty of posting unsolicited music very recently . No one said a word , so I guess it sucked and even paula abdul wouldn't like it.

Can't get any better , unless you get feedback.

#228683 - 03/06/08 09:42 AM Re: Why are you snotty
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Beachbum,

for me, your songs (music & vocals) already have reached the level I expect to hear on commercial projects.
You should be (and rightfully so you are) proud of your work.

Keep on, and leave negative comments in the past... getting even happens only in the movies. And if you save the amount of brain cells you would spend on getting even, and use them in your work, you might see your songs in a movie. And then, you won't give a rat's S900 about getting even.

Cheers,
Trident

#228684 - 03/06/08 10:35 AM Re: Why are you snotty
Dnj Offline

Todays music scene is all about MONEY & who you know....talent takes back seat.
Just look around you & open your ears.
Beach bum I too enjoy most of your work & give you props as I have posted replies a few times, but many times its better to just keep your opinions to yourself as to not start WW III....although I would love you be more diversified as it kind of gets repetitive sounding vocal wise if I'm being honest....other then that adding people playing other instruments to the styles is always a plus especially when you customize the styles makingthem Your Own... Slamming & Bragging people that make a great full time living playing Covers in the trenches for years will get you nowhere but more alienation.

Good Luck with your music.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-06-2008).]

#228685 - 03/06/08 12:32 PM Re: Why are you snotty
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I only listened to your songs a few times, and that was more than a year ago. If I recall, you have a voice similar to that of Sting, which for some is really neat. Your playing technique is really good, and if I were a young listener I probably would have like your vocals better. However, I'm an old fart, more of a Sinatra, Como and Uncle Dave vocal fan. And, I have to agree with Donny, most of the songs sound almost identical, but that's your style and that's what you do.

And, as he also stated, don't knock the guys in the trenches that perform standards every day for a living. Those standards, BTW, are what recently put a lot of money in the pocket of Rod Stewart and a few other well-known performers.

Good luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online