SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#228601 - 03/05/08 06:58 PM Re: My new toys
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
So right, Donny. At least our stuff is out there.

Beacuse Cass my friend....
the proof is in the pudding

#228602 - 03/08/08 05:41 PM Re: My new toys
cajun100 Offline

Loc: Mill Valley, CA USA
kbrkr:

Here is a link to the best review of the Indigo series Cardbus soundcards I have found.
http://tinyurl.com/t6hft

No recording through this unit. But look carefully at the potential of the multiple "virtual outputs". These do work.

#228603 - 03/08/08 11:16 PM Re: My new toys
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Latency, latency, latency.

Try basing your soundcard choice on whatever provides the most power at the lowest latency. Particularly for live play. If you can't get a reliable 2-3ms out of your soundcard for as many voices and sounds that you actually want, you aren't getting the equivalent of REAL hardware, nowadays.

There's a 'connectedness' to the sound that latencies higher than this just don't give you. It can really mess with your sense of 'pocket', and that tactile feeling of actually hitting something real, rather than a 'simulation'.

I'm not sure about the 'Dark Side' of the force, but I believe I've heard that RME interfaces can get pretty damn low and still stay stable (say that three times fast!) for Windows computers...

#228604 - 03/10/08 07:47 PM Re: My new toys
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
When it comes to latency, Avoid USB audio cards! Use either FireWire or PCMCIA.

Now that is not all, You also have to adjust windows for audio and have a pretty darn fast computer ( fast HD , lots of ram ...). If the computer is not up to specs, there is no card in the worrld that will compensate for that.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online