SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#228514 - 03/03/08 03:29 PM Fran Demos the NORD & more today........
Dnj Offline

In keeping up with all the new gear on the market Fran seen here demos the
"Nord Electro 61" Keyboard & many more.....
I'm sure he will give his own Professional reviews on some of these units later.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-03-2008).]

#228515 - 03/03/08 04:34 PM Re: Fran Demos the NORD & more today........
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Have both the Electro and C-1...great stuff!

R.

#228516 - 03/03/08 05:47 PM Re: Fran Demos the NORD & more today........
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Well? Did Fran leave with one of those babies under his arms?

Likes, Dis-likes?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#228517 - 03/03/08 09:24 PM Re: Fran Demos the NORD & more today........
Dnj Offline

These demo sequences show the sound of the Nord Electro 2.

The first four demos were played by B-3 virtuoso Eddie Landsberg. Here, he plays a Nord Electro 2 SeventyThree and uses Keyboard Split. He normally doesn't feel very comfortable playing B-3 clones, he says, but the Nord Electro 2 definitely changed that! It's right on the spot! No external effects were used on these demos. You're very welcome to visit Eddie Landsberg's web site !

http://www.musiciansbuy.com/mmmbcom/html/Nord/Eddie1.mp3

http://www.musiciansbuy.com/mmmbcom/html/Nord/Eddie2.mp3

http://www.musiciansbuy.com/mmmbcom/html/Nord/Eddie3.mp3

http://www.musiciansbuy.com/mmmbcom/html/Nord/Eddie4.mp3

#228518 - 03/04/08 06:15 AM Re: Fran Demos the NORD & more today........
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Have both the Electro and C-1...great stuff!

R.

Russ comared to your B3 how do you compare your Nords.

Side note:......look at the kool side ports on the PA500

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-04-2008).]

#228519 - 03/04/08 09:17 AM Re: Fran Demos the NORD & more today........
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Donny, as you know, a B-3 is a unique animal. Each one has it's quirks, and the Leslie makes so much difference (different aged tubes, tightness of the belts,response times, etc.).If I have a choice, it would be the real thing all the time. But, this is the closest I've ever come to the sound with a portable set-up. The B-3 is like a favorite old girlfriend...a little long in the tooth, way too big and temprimental as hell, but there's nothing like it.

The C-1 makes it possible to continue to take jazz gigs and play for a small but mighty group of folks around here hooked on that walking left hand. After a long time being bored and not having fun, I actually look forward to working. I never really liked doing singles. Backing good singers and players and helping them "kick ass" is what I really enjoy doing. This will make the corporate dinner gigs more tollerable.

The C-1 in front and the Electro on my right hand is wonderful. Plan to use the SD-5 on the bottom, the SH-201 on top and the GW-7 over the Electro on my right hand on a second house job. That equipment stays in place and is used from 5:00 to 8:00 on week-ends.

The C-1 will stay at the Sunday jam location and be moved to one nighters when needed. My little Motion Sound top box (rotors only-really lightweight) does a good job of providing Doppler. I use it with a Bassman tube head and a 2-12 cabinet (love those tubes and natural distortion).

And the contankerous old B-3 will stay in it's place of honor at the country club where is has been for about 20 years, with the suitcase Rhodes and 147.

At least I won't be bored with the various setups.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 03-04-2008).]

#228520 - 03/04/08 10:40 AM Re: Fran Demos the NORD & more today........
Dnj Offline

Russ,
Thanx for the reply....
I think now you have all bases covered for your gigs....physically & mentally for your enjoyment & your audiences Bravo!!

#228521 - 03/04/08 10:57 AM Re: Fran Demos the NORD & more today........
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Don't forget, the Electro is much more than just B3...

It's Wurli's are the best I've ever played, Rhodes is stellar (the overdrive can add in the perfect amount of Twin Reverb balls), and the Clav's are dirty, funky, nasty!

The acoustic pianos? Well, good job there's the Nord Stage

In fact, it's only shortcoming is that the Electro can only do ONE sim at a time. Want to layer Clav and B3? Got to get a Stage for that!

But I've done some gigging on a friend's Electro 61, and it's kind of refreshing to have to make a decision before the start of each song which ONE sound I want to use! Old school to the nth degree

#228522 - 03/04/08 11:11 AM Re: Fran Demos the NORD & more today........
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But I've done some gigging on a friend's Electro 61, and it's kind of refreshing to have to make a decision before the start of each song which ONE sound I want to use! Old school to the nth degree

Yes Diki so true....
Old school, & very happy memories that still live in the minds of many who experienced it first hand....
I'm glad I'm one of them in so many ways, good post!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online