SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#228359 - 03/01/08 08:21 AM Steve 52 how you doing with the Pa2x so far?
Dnj Offline

Hope to hear good things musically & healthwise.....getting comfy with the new KB? Bet you love the 76 keys & are able to stretch out and play........you have gigged also with it too correct?

Let me also ask Al [kbrkr]
how you doin with YOUR Pa2x?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-01-2008).]

#228360 - 03/01/08 09:02 AM Re: Steve 52 how you doing with the Pa2x so far?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I wasn't expecting much with the Pa2 after owning Yammy boards for 8 years. I also wasn't really enamored with other boards such as the Pa800 and the G70.

BUT, the proof that I love the Pa2 is that I just SOLD my Tyros2 which I thought I would never do.

Here is what I love about the Pa2xpro (which you can also translate to dislike about the Tyros2):

1. 76 Keys
2. Sliders
3. SongBook
4. Tilting Screen (I Love Touch screens!)
5. Live Natural Sound
6. Great Styles
7. Vocal Harmonizer
8. Look, Feel, Fit, & Finish (very Professional Looking). I LOVE the white color and the Blue LED's
9. Weight (it's not that heavy)
10. Size is not as deep as the Tyros2, and almost as wide. Its very thin and sleek.
11. Organs
12. Pianos
13. Synth Sounds
14. choirs
15. Drums

And more....

I've owned Korg synths for many years and I'm familiar with the way the Korg OS works, but admittedly, the Yamaha OS has a slight edge.

I Love it!
I am also awaiting the shipment of an already purchased the new Roland Fantom G7 which was recently announced at NAMM. I no longer own any Yamaha boards????? I can't explain why it worked out that way.

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#228361 - 03/01/08 09:31 AM Re: Steve 52 how you doing with the Pa2x so far?
Dnj Offline

Al thanx so much for the enthusiastic reply regarding the Korg Pa2x....looks like your on your way to musical heaven for sure....keep us posted on your progress & throw in a few demos when you have time too.

Good Luck

#228362 - 03/01/08 11:07 AM Re: Steve 52 how you doing with the Pa2x so far?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Hope to hear good things musically & healthwise.....getting comfy with the new KB? Bet you love the 76 keys & are able to stretch out and play........you have gigged also with it too correct?

Let me also ask Al [kbrkr]
how you doin with YOUR Pa2x?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-01-2008).]

Donny

My health is progressing very well. I've been back to my day job for 2 weeks.

I agree with everything Al has mentioned, especially the touch screen and of course 76 keys. He's right on the weight too. I still have a cap on how much weight I can lift following my surgery. My wife has been packing up the PA2xPro and loading it into my SUV for my recent gigs. I can tell by the look on her face it's manageable.

I'm in arranger heaven No kidding I love this board. It's everything I imagined and then some. As you know I got my feet wet using the PA800 so when I moved to the PA2xPro so I knew it would be even better.

It's very comfortable to have the extra keys to play with and I'm sold on the Songbook feature. Piece of cake to program custom lists. I especially like the ability to tap the "Next" icon on the touch screen and segue into the next tune very smoothly.

As an added bonus I found some additional style conversions for the Korg courtesy of Tommy F at http://www.createsongstyles.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0

Among those are some from the G70

Last weekend we did an A/B sound test between my Clavinova CVP 307 and the PA2xPro, using the onboard CVP307 sound system and the Korg for convenience sake a thru a Roland KC150. The CVP 307 had the edge primarily due to it's on board sound system. But.............when listening to both thru a pair of Bose Tunnel Port headset, there was no contest the honors went to the PA2xPro. Looks like last year's search to find my preferred board has paid off.

#228363 - 03/01/08 11:38 AM Re: Steve 52 how you doing with the Pa2x so far?
Dnj Offline

Steve I'm so happy for you buddy......glad you doing well with your recovery & better yet enjoying your KB immensely what could be better......keep us posted on your experiences & as always throw a few demos our way too...after all that's what its all about!

#228364 - 03/01/08 07:57 PM Re: Steve 52 how you doing with the Pa2x so far?
zuki Offline

Great news on your boards fellows. I really liked the PA800. It almost passed the test for me. In fact, I had worked up about 15 songs in route to replacing the 900.

But in the end, it fell short in the styles category. I just couldn't find the right styles for some simple stuff I do.

I am not done with Korg. I even like the PA500 at GC - it sounds terrific to my ears. I already miss the songbook, harmonizer and some of the really great features. It was a ton of fun. Maybe I'll revisit it again

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#228365 - 03/02/08 02:03 PM Re: Steve 52 how you doing with the Pa2x so far?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Stephen,
it's great isn't it. I've ended up with so many styles, from various sources I'm getting picky & deleting if they don't come up up to scratch.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stephenm52:
[B] .

As an added bonus I found some additional style conversions for the Korg courtesy of Tommy F at http://www.createsongstyles.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#228366 - 03/02/08 04:49 PM Re: Steve 52 how you doing with the Pa2x so far?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Stephen,
it's great isn't it. I've ended up with so many styles, from various sources I'm getting picky & deleting if they don't come up up to scratch.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stephenm52:
[B] .

Rikki, DITTO.

#228367 - 03/02/08 07:22 PM Re: Steve 52 how you doing with the Pa2x so far?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Zuki,

If it's a style issue, that can be overcome with styles added from Yamaha, Roland, Ketron, and others. At least you can control them better realtime on the Korg

Al

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Great news on your boards fellows. I really liked the PA800. It almost passed the test for me. In fact, I had worked up about 15 songs in route to replacing the 900.

But in the end, it fell short in the styles category. I just couldn't find the right styles for some simple stuff I do.

I am not done with Korg. I even like the PA500 at GC - it sounds terrific to my ears. I already miss the songbook, harmonizer and some of the really great features. It was a ton of fun. Maybe I'll revisit it again

zuki

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#228368 - 03/02/08 07:27 PM Re: Steve 52 how you doing with the Pa2x so far?
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Zuki,

If it's a style issue, that can be overcome with styles added from Yamaha, Roland, Ketron, and others. At least you can control them better realtime on the Korg

Al

not the case with styles that uses mega voices.Mainly guitar strums.

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 03-02-2008).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online