SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#228289 - 03/07/08 06:38 PM Re: My 2 Cents on Bose L1 PAS System.
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Just saw this thread.
If anyone (particularly Wrong) is still reading this, can I ask why you didn't buy a Model 2 system?

I never had a Model 1, but many people (both on the Bose forums and other musicians forums) admit, and often proclaim whole heartedly, that the model 2 with the Mixer is far superior in both sound quality and yes, even dispersion range!

Wrong, go back to whatever you like (Yorkville, Mackie, Peavey, whatever) but not at least trying out a full model 2 system with the Bose Mixer is doing yourself a disservice.

For the record, you have to properly plug in whatever music source you're using and sum the result to mono properly - there are pitfalls and mistakes anyone can make regarding this.

We've used the system for 2 months now - every kind of venue (including outdoors) and every type of audience - young/old modern Dance crowds, old Dance crowds, recorded music (in breaks) just added a Boss GT-8 Guitar Mutli FX pedal for my wife's guitar, plugged straight into the Bose, and NEVER have we had such reactions by the crowds.

Even "old regulars" at many venues are coming up to us suddenly "noticing" us...

I wouldn't put any restriction on this system regarding Genre.

.....well maybe death Metal....

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#228290 - 03/26/08 03:55 PM Re: My 2 Cents on Bose L1 PAS System.
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
I just bought the Bose Mod II and replaced a Mackie 808s and JBL MR12 speakers.

I cannot say enough about the BOSE system with the ToneMtch.We do a duo with Acoustic guitars and two keyboards and the sound is amazingly clear and uniform. No monitors needed either. This system is worth every penny.

BUT..You have to know how to set up the gain stages and learn the TonMatch mixer. Plug and play it is not.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#228291 - 05/12/08 12:53 PM Re: My 2 Cents on Bose L1 PAS System.
gittzit Offline

Loc: Benton Ar
With the l2 system I have so many avenues for sound through the tone match, its hard to settle on any one sound. Playing guitar through it I can select many guitar sounds by diffrent guitar makers, also you can use a cheap mike and make it sound like a 58 or other mikes. Playing out doors in a 10 acre field I was told to turn it down i was too loud. So far the bose L 2 unit is super for me....Joe Lee

#228292 - 05/12/08 02:59 PM Re: My 2 Cents on Bose L1 PAS System.
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
It's the best, Joe. I wouldn't leave home without it.
Bernie

#228293 - 05/13/08 05:29 AM Re: My 2 Cents on Bose L1 PAS System.
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Maybe you can try to use one more portable PA system like this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=quyVb2ouWtU

Ground Zero system

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online