SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#227976 - 02/26/08 07:00 AM Yamaha Internet connection for buying songs, styles?
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi,

I'm a new owner of a Yamaha S900 keyboard. I see and have read about Yamaha's internet connection web site, where apparently I can try songs, styles, etc. and buy them. Before I go to the trouble to sign up, I'm curious about other people's experiences with this. I don't seem to see many Forum notes about it.

Is it worth it? Are the styles they sell up to the high standards of the Tyros2 and S900 styles? I hate sifting through hundreds of on-line (free) styles to find the few that are really top-notch, complete. I'd be willing to buy a few needed/wanted styles direct from Yamaha, if I knew that they were really good (as good as the built-in ones on Tyros 2 or S900), complete and very usable. Same for MIDI song files.

Any comments on this - Yamaha's Internet Connection web site and the stuff they sell for Yamaha arranger keyboard owners?

Thanks,
Jim

#227977 - 02/26/08 08:00 AM Re: Yamaha Internet connection for buying songs, styles?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
JIM,
One of the features of the Yamaha Internet Connection is that before you buy a style, you can listen to the style for 30 seconds before it fades away. It is actually being heard on your keyboard as a standard midi file. You don't get to play your own chords but you do get to hear it and decide if you would like to buy it!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online