SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#227851 - 02/25/08 06:17 PM Re: Roland VP-550 vocal harmonizer vs. G70 vs. Discover 5 vs. Other Brand.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Fran... can you explain a little more about Auto Pitch Correction?

I have always thought this is like Auto-Tune... You sing, and the harmonizer corrects your pitch, either to the closest half-step, or to a specific scale.

But from reading the manual, I think it refers to correcting your pitch to a solo MIDI track, so you have to sing EXACTLY what the track does, in exactly the same rhythm, or bad things can happen. Do I have this right, or is there a way to allow you to sing freely, but still have pitch correction applied?

#227852 - 02/25/08 07:06 PM Re: Roland VP-550 vocal harmonizer vs. G70 vs. Discover 5 vs. Other Brand.
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Pitch correction can be in realtime..If you are way out of pitch often it creates some artifacts[noticeable to me]..It isn't something that I would use, but it does work..

#227853 - 02/25/08 07:09 PM Re: Roland VP-550 vocal harmonizer vs. G70 vs. Discover 5 vs. Other Brand.
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have recently been having fun using the Tenor voice...It actually sounds legitimate..

Most folks don't know that each of the special voices have edits that can change the formant..and actually can become very realistic..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online