SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#227704 - 02/25/08 08:12 AM Re: Anyone play with multiple boards?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Almost always use at least two keyboards. don't do many 1 hour jobs and have three standing jobs where I leave equipment, so that makes it a little easier.

One house job: B-3. Rhodes and Sh-201. Another: MS-60 and a midi controller with Yamaha Tone generator. Another: Another MS060 and GW-7 on my right hand. Sometimes Iuse three: Nord Electro or Hammond/Suzuki on the bottom, SH-201 on the top and GW-7 or similar on my right hand.

I just like to do things that way, and I have a sound person to set-up everything.

R.

#227705 - 02/25/08 08:17 AM Re: Anyone play with multiple boards?
Dnj Offline

In all due respect Russ.....in regards to Zuki's original question...toting & setting up TWO Kb's plus sound gear in & out of NH facilities all day 2 or 3x is not fun at all for only 1 hr gigs.....house jobs are a totaly different scenario.

#227706 - 02/25/08 08:37 AM Re: Anyone play with multiple boards?

Sorry, Donny. I have my sound people set up multiple keyboards at ALL my jobs, including the short ones. And I do lots of pre-dinner corporate jobs and many 2 hour parties, happy hours, etc. I also use at least two guitars (a nylon string and a double-neck) on all of them. That's what I get paid for. I'm not in the $100.00 "in and out" business, and can afford to get things set-up exactly the way I want. Part of it is show to justify the price.

So, yes, I do use multiple keyboards on short (sometimes 1 hour) jobs.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 02-25-2008).]

#227707 - 02/25/08 08:53 AM Re: Anyone play with multiple boards?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Russ, beginning immediately, I will have my sound people start setting up both SD5 and S900.
No wait, she's at work.
DonM

#227708 - 02/25/08 09:45 AM Re: Anyone play with multiple boards?

Smart ASS! (Great humor-writer...I grudgingly give you that one!)

R.

#227709 - 02/25/08 10:11 AM Re: Anyone play with multiple boards?
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Zuki,

What is the issue with the boards that you have????

I personally use the VA76 ( for sale now) and a Triton, which is a beautiful combination!

How about considering a strong LapTop + One Man Band ( yammie styles )+ emu 1616M audio card + some VST's, and problem solved!
Every time you have the desire to change the boards, just go ahead and buy a new VST-instrument, and you got new sounds!
Endless posibilities!!!!!

#227710 - 02/25/08 10:19 AM Re: Anyone play with multiple boards?
Dnj Offline

Hit man that sounds all well & good on paper but I have yet have anyone show me via demo or on video or in person use these vst combinations & a KB in a SEAMINGLESS continuous performance scenario on stage with out any difficulties, time-lapses in between songs, & many of the problems associated with this kind of setup especially in the NAVAGATION department...in a OMB Dancing or fluid concert venue......

Can you provide any demos.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-25-2008).]

#227711 - 02/25/08 12:20 PM Re: Anyone play with multiple boards?
hitman Offline

@ DNJ,

No buddy I don't have a setup like that so I can't provide any demos!

But, I know few guys that use a setup like that and it is amazing!
The only thing is that you gotta have a strong computer ( Intel quad and up)!

#227712 - 02/25/08 12:23 PM Re: Anyone play with multiple boards?
hitman Offline

p.s. yes it is a lot of work, but once you set it up, it works like a charm!

Chek this link out! I know it is in a foreign language! http://www.yumidi.com/forum/agaton-aranzer-t11904.html

These guys are almost done with the project, and will be offering few different set-ups with OMB10.

Plug and Play !

#227713 - 02/26/08 12:47 AM Re: Anyone play with multiple boards?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Hit man that sounds all well & good on paper but I have yet have anyone show me via demo or on video or in person use these vst combinations & a KB in a SEAMINGLESS continuous performance scenario on stage with out any difficulties, time-lapses in between songs, & many of the problems associated with this kind of setup especially in the NAVAGATION department...in a OMB Dancing or fluid concert venue......

Can you provide any demos.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-25-2008).]

A lot of Wersi performers use VSTs live, (Colossus, Kontakt 3, B4, Real Guitar etc) however you don’t notice it on the Videos or recordings as they integrate seamlessly.
Have a look at http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/017078.html to see how easy it is to load up.
Also if you want 2 keyboards for about the same weight as a G70 (Couple of pounds heavier) try the Xenios http://www.wersimusic.com/new.html which also comes with a powered 10” touch screen.

Bill

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online