SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#227330 - 02/18/08 12:54 PM Re: Help With Performances
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, I just tried again - it is very easy to save the performance to the songbook - but again the option add to list is not functional for the song. Sort of looks like the performance can't be saved to a custom list. I need to read the manual and find out how to save to and use the performance banks. More later.

Thanks again to everyone who helps out here. I realize everyone is busy and I am grateful for any help I can get. I wanted to play a gig with the new keyboard on
Friday - might not make it as things are going now.

Hammer

#227331 - 02/18/08 01:40 PM Re: Help With Performances
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Hammer

You have to select Enable List Edit from the top right hand corner menu in Songbook. Then you can add to custom list.

Graham

#227332 - 02/18/08 04:28 PM Re: Help With Performances
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Hammer,
are you actually changing your mind about selling??

The Korgs can be customized to suit, sounds like the previous owner & your own needs are different.

Good to hear it may actually work out for you.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Wow! I have finally started to work out the accomp matches for my gig books - I want to save some performances I found to the songbook - is that possible?

One other thing - I upgraded my OS to V3.01 and reloaded the music resouces file which seemed to change everything.

Makes me think the previous owner deleted a lot of stuff - sure glad I did that because I really like this keyboard and it's sound.
Excited and have lots of work to do today.

Hammer

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#227333 - 02/18/08 04:34 PM Re: Help With Performances
hammer Offline

Yes, I am having serious second thoughts about selling. Apparantly there were sounds or sytles etc missing that after reloading OS V.3.01 and the related files are present and working great. I actually am finding dozens of useful styles for my needs. Still not much in the Country catagory - but I can work around that. I think I will really like being able to customize my keyboard and have everything the way I like it to be with no surprises when pushing buttons.

Sort of makes me wonder if others here who have tried keyboards have had the same experience but never discovered it before selling or trading.

Hammer

#227334 - 02/18/08 05:53 PM Re: Help With Performances
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Hammer,
I remember having a quick look at a secondhand korg a couple of years ago, while I was waiting to be served.
I remember looking thru the styles & thought what an odd bunch. An unusually large amount of ethnic styles. Obviously the owner had swapped his user styles for the existing.
Didn't dawn on me at the time that an onboard style could actually be overwritten.

Might be a warning for store owners to make sure that secondhand korgs have the latest korg operating & resources files loaded.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hammer:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#227335 - 02/19/08 04:48 AM Re: Help With Performances
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Wow, I just realized from reading this thread, you can actually REPLACE THE ONBOARD STYLES with custom ones. That is a HUGE feature that I'm going to have to try.

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#227336 - 02/19/08 05:01 AM Re: Help With Performances
hammer Offline

If you delete styles and setup your keyboard with only those styles needed for your gigs, then do a backup of the hard drive - what happens on the restore? Does the OS look for all the factory stuff or only what is in the current backup? Also, would the same apply to the performances? I can see where everything on the keyboard would be customized for our playing styles and needs. Pretty neat stuff.

Hammer

#227337 - 02/19/08 01:21 PM Re: Help With Performances
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Al,
fully customizable ( if there is such a word haahaa).
I wouldn't rush into replacing styles straight away as there are a heap of empty slots available for user styles.
In the long term though, you can set up the keyboard for your own needs.
Default on the keyboard, locks the user styles in so that you don't accidently overwrite them, the lock can be taken off so that you can.
One of the most important things to learn is how to save & load your user data to usb stick &/or your PC.
The loading & saving is different on the korgs to what it is on the Yamaha's.
Check out the Multimedia section of your manual. If you've got your user data saved correctly, then you won't have hassles should you accidently delete important user files.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Wow, I just realized from reading this thread, you can actually REPLACE THE ONBOARD STYLES with custom ones. That is a HUGE feature that I'm going to have to try.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online