SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#227032 - 02/14/08 11:19 AM St. Valentine's Day ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... Anyone NOT working today/tonight?
Gotta pay for those roses !!!
t.

#227033 - 02/14/08 03:19 PM Re: St. Valentine's Day ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Tony, how nice to see someone else remember that "Saint" Valentines Day, is just that, a Christian holiday adopted by the secular world. Man ..... the price of flowers is outta control, isn't it?

I have a very interesting day planned Saturday. My 4 (yes, 3 daughters and their beautiful MOM makes FOUR) girls will accompany me to dinner for the celebration!

It's not actually a "date" date with Mom, but HEY - it's a start !
(sigh)

#227034 - 02/14/08 10:34 PM Re: St. Valentine's Day ...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I gotta give you credit, Dave. You have dogged determination! Best of luck on your non-date my friend.
I had three jobs today. Two St. Valentine parties at nursing homes almost 200 miles away, and my regular supper club thing. I left the house at 6:30 a.m. and just got in at 12:30 a.m. the NEXT day. Time for some shut-eye.
DonM

#227035 - 02/15/08 01:34 AM Re: St. Valentine's Day ...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I gotta give you credit, Dave. You have dogged determination! Best of luck on your non-date my friend.
I had three jobs today. Two St. Valentine parties at nursing homes almost 200 miles away, and my regular supper club thing. I left the house at 6:30 a.m. and just got in at 12:30 a.m. the NEXT day. Time for some shut-eye.
DonM

So... where did you sleep?

#227036 - 02/15/08 05:14 AM Re: St. Valentine's Day ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Ah yes...I remember the days of double and triple headers! I honestly don't miss them. I love working with the kids at school, and I still play every single day. It's amazing how different my life is from 2 short years ago.

Here's a first - I'm moving my MAIN kb into my studio! I usually have a skeletal setup at home, and my road gear lives in the car, but in a few hours....the PA800 will rest comfortably atop my Kentucky RHODES! Now, I'm sure to be spoiled ny that combination.
So, tomorrow's the unofficial Saint Valentine's day for me ..... (fingers crossed)....wish me luck!

#227037 - 02/15/08 07:35 AM Re: St. Valentine's Day ...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hey, Dave, hurry back to Kentucky! Your prospective Kentucky "filly" still has two teeth left! And she's READY! She just broke up with the UK football team! Plus, if you get here the first week of the month she'll still have some public assistance money and a few food stamps left! GOOD TIMES!

First job on Valentine's Day was at Country Cookin'. They were nervous and asked if you were back in town. Your "all you can eat" attempt last time almost put them in the poor house. And, they ran out of clean plates.

I know you do the Kentucky Rhodes proud!
Say hi to the kids at school for me!

R.

#227038 - 02/15/08 08:03 AM Re: St. Valentine's Day ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:

It's not actually a "date" date with Mom, but HEY - it's a start !
(sigh)

Go SLOW my friend !!!
t.

#227039 - 02/15/08 08:08 AM Re: St. Valentine's Day ...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
So... where did you sleep?

I slept from 1:00 a.m. until now - 10:00 a.m. this morning. I think I'm caught up now!
It was hard staying awake on the drive back during the afternoon. I stopped a couple of times for coffee and fresh air!
I won't try to do such a tight schedule again.
DonM

#227040 - 02/15/08 09:40 AM Re: St. Valentine's Day ...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
You guys make me feel like a slacker. I had one night job. Got home at 11pm, watched a Batman movie, went to bed at 1:30 and didn't open my eyes again till 10:30 this morning.
Eddie

#227041 - 02/15/08 02:59 PM Re: St. Valentine's Day ...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I had six Valentine parties this week, beginning on Monday and the final one is Saturday night. Damned I love those women's holidays!

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online