SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#226539 - 02/08/08 09:28 AM PA800 Question
zuki Offline

OK, trying to grasp the songbook still. I need to start over and get back the original songbook. Then I'll do my own song list from there.

Please, what steps do I take to load in the original songbook?

Thanks,
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#226540 - 02/08/08 10:17 AM Re: PA800 Question
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Zuki,
Keep in mind I have owned a PA1X for only 1 week -- but I believe if you reload the music resources file it will reload the original songbook. What I am not sure of is if you can load only the music resources file without reloading anything else. By the way do you know if there is a version of the songbook with the actual song names?

Hammer

#226541 - 02/08/08 11:49 AM Re: PA800 Question
Princess Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi ZIKI;
If your OS is 1.51 upload the Music Resource 1.50 and your songbook will restored to original settings I'm pretty sure. Good Luck

#226542 - 02/08/08 02:21 PM Re: PA800 Question
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Zuki,
did you back the original songbook up, or was it already altered?

I back all my data up every week or so, especially if I've altered a great deal of stuff.

I do a "Save All' to a usb stick.
I save it as a New Set wich I rename to whatever date it happens to be ie
All 8thfeb08. I make sure every item is ticked, because the default leaves some stuff out.

If for some reason something goes wrong down the track, any of these items, ie styles, sounds, songbook can be loaded back into my PA as a whole ( All) or as an individul item right down to a single style.
The All folder keeps opening up, there's layer upon layer of data. For instance , one you've opend up All, you'll see Styles as one of the components, if you keep pressing open, open etc you'll get right down to an indvidual style, that you can load back in.

You can also do saves of invidual stuff like the songbook. You can have 100 of them if you want to, as long as they all have different names.

Read thru the media section of the manual.

Meanwhile if you don't have a "Save' of the original songbook, I'm fairly certain I have, I can send you a copy & you should be able to load it in.

If you literally want to take the keyboard back to original factory settings, then you do it thru the resources 1.51 & 1.50 downloadable from the korg site. I don't think you can load individual stuff in from these files, that's why I always use the "All" save function.

best wishes
Rikki
if you need the songbookfile email me at rikkisbears@hotmail.com & let me know where to send it to.

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
OK, trying to grasp the songbook still. I need to start over and get back the original songbook. Then I'll do my own song list from there.

Please, what steps do I take to load in the original songbook?

Thanks,
zuki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#226543 - 02/08/08 02:39 PM Re: PA800 Question
Dnj Offline

Zuki....... see if this helps you:

"It is very easy to build a personal songbook fast:..............

1) Select the style you want to use. Set up the four STS's if you can't use the default ones. Do any necessary modifications to tempo, transpose, volume, eq, balance, effects etc just as you would be doing it live.

2) Go to Book Edit Page 1. Fill out the fields (Genre, Artist, Key etc.) Make sure that you check marks in the following boxes:
Write Current Resource
Write STS
All Current Style STS

3) If necessary make further changes on Book Edit Page 2. Give the song an unique "Song Selection Number" (301, 302, 303,...).

4) Press Write

Do 1) to 4) for a number of styles. Now you can put these styles into a custom song book that only shows your own styles:

5) Make sure that "Enable Book Edit" is activated from the menu in the upper right corner.

6) Go to List Edit and press New List.

7) Go to the main Book page and press Add To List for you own entries.

8) Finally go back to the List Edit page and save the list.

You can choose which list that is shown on the Custom List page. You can continue adding more entries to your custom list by repeating 1-8 above, just do the following instead of 6)

6) Select your own list on the Custom list page.

This might seem complicated at first but is actually quite logical when you have done it a few times. And the custom list feature also allow you to have the same song in several lists, i.e. Sleigh Ride could be both in "Donny's Songs" and in "Christmas Songs".

Unfortunately I have no experience with the vocalizer, since I use the audio inputs for my GEM RP-X sound module - soon to be replaced with a SonicCell

Make sure that you check out page 297 in the manual. It contains a lot of shortcuts that will really help you in a live setting.

It is also important that you understand how "locks" works to get transpose etc. to work like you want it. Go to Global/General Controls/Locks. If an item is locked it will not change when you select a new songbook entry, style or performance. It will always retain the value of performance 1 (Grand Piano eXp). If you want another locked value just modify performance 1 and overwrite it. If you don't want the value to be locked you should open the lock in Global/General Controls/Locks and then do a Write Globals from the menu in the upper right corner."

#226544 - 02/08/08 04:05 PM Re: PA800 Question
zuki Offline

Thanks everyone. I'm stuggling through this, but that's my challenged mind for ya

I lost a few default songs while trying to save to custom (duh), so that's whay I need to reload the songbook. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the hang of this either.

Hopefully, things will sink in soon.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#226545 - 02/08/08 04:48 PM Re: PA800 Question
Princess Offline

Loc: Michigan
RIKKI,thanks,I have not broke down the seperate items,this subjuct is of interest to me,I do save everything when I make a lot of changes.
ZUKI///you will love the custom book as DNJ explanes,I just started doing mine last week,I JUST AM CRAZY ABOUT THIS KORG///
RIKKI,I've never done a style edit,but I'm going to try. thanks for your help///PRINCESS

#226546 - 02/08/08 04:52 PM Re: PA800 Question
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Zuki,
have you got the original songbook in a format that you can load into your PA800 ie
have you got it as a SAve All, or As a songbook save??

If you need it read, my prior post.

If you've got it & need some step by step on how to load it in, happy to help.

I wiped out my whole original song book accidently in the beggining, I've learnt to "save" religously ever since.

Once you get the hang of it it's not hard, just confusing at first.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I'm stuggling through this, but that's my challenged mind for ya

I lost a few default songs while trying to save to custom (duh), so that's whay I need to reload the songbook. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the hang of this either.

zuki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#226547 - 02/08/08 05:35 PM Re: PA800 Question
Dnj Offline

Quote:

zuki

Zuki have you watched the Instructional DVDs?

#226548 - 02/08/08 05:36 PM Re: PA800 Question
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Zuki,

I wiped out my whole original song book accidently in the beggining, I've learnt to "save" religously ever since.

Rikki, I lost my custom Songbook the first time I set it up. Since doing that I back up multiple times even in the same day if I've been doing a lot of Songbook custom settings.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online