Breaking news on roland-arranger.com

Regards
Tin

#226513 - 02/08/08 06:27 AM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
Dnj Offline

And the rumors keep flying....

#226514 - 02/08/08 07:54 AM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
Tin Offline

This is not a rumor Mr. Donny but the fact.

Tin

[This message has been edited by Tin (edited 02-08-2008).]

#226515 - 02/08/08 09:44 AM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
Dnj Offline

"My dealer also told me that a lot of dealers won't promote the new arranger, so that's the reason why they closed it. So don't expect any new G-XX arranger in the future, maybe Roland will continue the E series. I think it's very sad news, but it seems that Roland have given up. So perhaps we will have to buy a Yamaha, Korg or a Ketron arranger in the future.

Franz"

After reading this on the Roland site I cannot believe Roland dealers would not want to promote a new arranger offerings...or any other of their product....Im sure Roland sales reps are not telling dealers this & why would they be saying these things.......

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-08-2008).]

#226516 - 02/08/08 11:16 AM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
miden Offline

Loc: The World
And who says it has to be released at Frankfurt?? Tin you should really take what people are speculating on at that forum with a grain of salt. They obviously do NOT know what is happening.

#226517 - 02/08/08 12:14 PM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Well I hear the next Roland arranger is going to be called the "Gima"

Is it April yet???

#226518 - 02/08/08 12:33 PM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If you can't get to the thread at roland-arranger.com, here's my comment in a nutshell...

"Sure.... this is something your local dealer would know ALL about

Or maybe he'd just like you to buy something NOW, rather than wait for something that may be a while coming. Oh, you've never been misled by a dealer before?

Personally, my local dealer tells me the sun's gonna come up in the East, I'm not going to trust him 'til I see it for myself... If I had a dollar for every misinformed rumor a 'local dealer' spread around, I would have enough money to BUY the next G-series..!"
------------------------------------------------

The Audya is WAY overdue. No-one is calling for it's immanent demise. To be honest, no-one at roland-arranger.com was seriously expecting a new G-series this YEAR (though many WISHED for it - there's a difference, you know).

But my (unnamed) dealer tells me that there is an (unsubstantiated) rumor that SOMETHING is going to happen (maybe) in the near future (or not). Trust me... he KNOWS about this stuff...

#226519 - 02/08/08 01:08 PM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
Diki Offline

One more comment... Roland NEVER show prototypes. They always wait for the finished product before you hear anything about them, or see them at a show.

Let's imagine what would be said about Ketron, if they did the same thing. No talk about the Audya, no pre-released information about it's capabilities. No appearance in prototype form at two (or is that three?) successive trade shows. No new arranger released since the SD5 (was that the latest, not counting modules?), and how long ago was that? A shakeup in distributors (Roland's move to the CK dealers was as big a move), and complete silence from the company about plans...

I would be AMAZED if some 'dealer' DIDN'T announce Ketron's demise. Got to sell what they have right now, no profit in encouraging your customer to wait for a product no-one knows ANYTHING about (including himself).

Roland have always been very tight-lipped about just about everything, new models, OS updates, you name it. The thought that one unnamed dealer has the inside track and everyone else is in the dark is ludicrous (along with the thought of believing him!). They are at the caboose of a long train of bullsh*t... The R&D guys lie to the Marketing guys. The Marketing guys lie to the Dealer Reps. The Dealer Reps lie to the Dealers. And the Dealers pass it on to you...

In the meantime, the G70 and E60 arrangers are STILL wonderful instruments, with a sound unsurpassed by most others (if you like sounding 'live', that is) and many unique OS features unavailable on other arrangers, a build quality that puts most others to shame, and the choice that Yamaha deny you... 76 keys. A real 'player's' arranger, not a karaoke machine in disguise.

Why worry about the future, when the present is good enough?

#226520 - 02/08/08 03:00 PM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
One more comment... Roland NEVER show prototypes.

They just release the finished product before it's ready . Sorry Diki, that one was too good to pass up .

chas

#226521 - 02/08/08 03:55 PM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
[B]One more comment... Roland NEVER show prototypes. They always wait for the finished product before you hear anything about them, or see them at a show.

B]

Hi Diki
The prototype E80 was shown at the Blackpool keyboard Festival in the UK, (Not all features were shown as they had not been fully implemented) a good 3 to 4 months before its release. (And I am pretty sure OS2 for the G70 was also shown first at one of the festivals)

Bill

#226522 - 02/09/08 06:53 AM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Ohhh Chas...... You just couldnt walk away from that huh ?:-)

#226523 - 02/09/08 10:47 AM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
Diki Offline

Sorry, Bill. I didn't know that about Blackpool. It's not something they do in the States, anyway, or any of the main trade shows (Blackpool is an arranger and organ gathering, isn't it?)... But the E80, as closely related as it was to the already released G70, was not exactly breaking new ground, as everyone anticipates the next G-series will (I have my doubts).

Chas... nice one My main hope right now is that the HAVE delayed the next G-series, so that it can be beta-tested a little more carefully than the original G70. Mind you, I bought mine in the bad old days, and all the tools were in place to revoice it yourself quite simply. It never had a problem you couldn't get around, and always (from day 1) sounded more 'live' and realistic than anything else at the time, and IMO, still has yet to be surpassed at it's strengths. For the kind of player I am, it is close to the perfect arranger (I said CLOSE ), and, in all fairness, there isn't much I want on a new G-series other than my Chord Sequencer, so if the new one (if and when it finally DOES appear) fails to add this, I may stick with my G70 for the foreseeable future.

Yamaha seem determined to not offer a quality build 76, Korg's two fill system leaves me cold, and everyone seems determined to add DAW and karaoke features rather than build a better arranger. There's nothing out right now that would remotely tempt me away from my G70. So I'm not exactly dismayed by this rumor-mongering.

Take your time Roland... I can wait another four or five years! Just GET IT RIGHT!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online